Holly Rowe | The Boneyard

Holly Rowe

Reaction Score
All my good thoughts and positive vibes to everyone's favorite sideline reporter, Holly Rowe, as she continues her fight against cancer. And simultaneously, congratulations on the contract extension with ESPN.

Veteran ESPN sideline reporter Holly Rowe told the Associated Press on Thursday that the melanoma doctors first discovered two years ago has returned and spread. Still, she’ll remain in front of the camera and recently signed a contract extension to remain with the network.

“I don’t think about having cancer when I’m out here,” Rowe told the AP’s Doug Feinberg before tipoff of a WNBA game between Minnesota and New York. “Monday, I have a CT scan and have treatment. I’ll be a cancer patient on Monday. I’m not thinking about it today.”

ESPN’s Holly Rowe isn’t backing down after cancer returns

Reaction Score
Man I know how awful that can be. A friend of mine has that. I wish her beyond the best of luck. Unfort I believe if u have cancer even though it can remiss it's kinda always inside u waiting to come back. So sad. Fight hard:)

Reaction Score
All my good thoughts and positive vibes to everyone's favorite sideline reporter, Holly Rowe, as she continues her fight against cancer. And simultaneously, congratulations on the contract extension with ESPN.

Veteran ESPN sideline reporter Holly Rowe told the Associated Press on Thursday that the melanoma doctors first discovered two years ago has returned and spread. Still, she’ll remain in front of the camera and recently signed a contract extension to remain with the network.

“I don’t think about having cancer when I’m out here,” Rowe told the AP’s Doug Feinberg before tipoff of a WNBA game between Minnesota and New York. “Monday, I have a CT scan and have treatment. I’ll be a cancer patient on Monday. I’m not thinking about it today.”

ESPN’s Holly Rowe isn’t backing down after cancer returns

Cancer is one of the scariest words, if not the most. As a surviving C, (I don't know ex actually you can call yourself a survivor,
most treatments lack the FUN aspect. My treatment recovery, not the cancer recovery was about 7 years---. Skin cancer is one of the Cancers in the "leading" death category.

Reaction Score
Terrible news. I pray she comes out of this battle victorious.

She's an incredible person and her love for the game is so infectious. The players (College and WNBA) adore her. I really really hope she makes it.
In a few short years --Cancer treatment Center abound , some have excellent results---as in all things medical--know your options, know who has the results for your options---every hospital or Center does not have great results--some have great specific cancer results--learn, don't jump--study,,, all cancers do not spread quickly.

Reaction Score
All the way from Texas, thanks for the report.

Newly out of Baylor years ago my wife and the mother of our two pre-K daughters gave up life due to malignancy.

A tragedy for many; a victory for some; a mystery for all of us.

One of the reasons my graduate work and current teaching was in the moral ethics of health care research (stem cells; germ theory; living and dying) and the ongoing evolution of hope attached to that research.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
"Veteran ESPN sideline reporter Holly Rowe told the Associated Press on Thursday that the melanoma doctors first discovered two years ago has returned and spread. Still, she’ll remain in front of the camera and recently signed a contract extension to remain with the network."

That's some superhero right there. This woman is punching her own mortality in the face while signing two year business deals on the side.

It's humbling to realize that I've never come close to being that strong and I hope I never have to.

Reaction Score
Amazing her drive.... , and I am sure we all wonder how we would do if in the same situation.....

I am pretty confident i can say i would not have the guts of this woman......

Again I so salute you Holly!!!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Newly out of Baylor years ago my wife and the mother of our two pre-K daughters gave up life due to malignancy.

One of the reasons my graduate work and current teaching was in the moral ethics of health care research (stem cells; germ theory; living and dying) and the ongoing evolution of hope attached to that research.
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Baylorprof.

Reaction Score

I, too, am so very sorry. I'm sure your life, your profession, and especially your fatherhood has been a glory to the memory of your late wife.

Reaction Score
Though I didn't have melanoma, I'm a 3-time cancer survivor, living proof that good outcomes are possible.

Great to hear.
Unfortunately, melanoma is a particularly nasty cancer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great to hear.
Unfortunately, melanoma is a particularly nasty cancer.
Yes, agreed. Kidney and prostate cancer are much more manageable, especially if caught early and treated well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom