Holly fired (from Jeff Goodman's Twitter) | The Boneyard

Holly fired (from Jeff Goodman's Twitter)

Reaction Score

XYUTJBONJJEHLTH.20161121190935.jpg

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Well that part of the lady vol saga seems to be over, but now to the coaching search and possible transfers

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Expected firing and not the retirement/job in the AD scenario. Pay her the buyout and move on.

Reaction Score
Well that part of the lady vol saga seems to be over, but now to the coaching search and possible transfers

And transfers. Somewhere on this board, Westbrook has already requested a transfer.

Reaction Score
And transfers. Somewhere on this board, Westbrook has already requested a transfer.
That was just a rumor. I think she’ll probably wait until who the new coach and staff will be before making that decision

Reaction Score
With the “Transfer Portal” that exists now, it is clear who is actually transferring. I don’t know I f the portal is public but reporters seem to have sources telling them who is/isn’t there.

If Westbrook were there, it would be known.

I imagine Tenn will hold off on granting releases until the new coach has a had a chance to talk to all the players.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As I predicted Holly would be fired the Wednesday after the team is eliminated. I said a 2nd round elimination, but the effect is the same. So, here is my self pat on the back for those who questioned "Who are your sources", "An announcement must mean they're going tor retain her", or "How could the Vols possibly swallow that contract". I predict also that Holly, who is a Lady Vol for life will be kicked upstairs and will be retained by the administration in some capacity. I also predict those who signed LOI's, and some of the freshmen and sophomores will flee this prison. Horston sandwich anyone? Not very tough predictions here though.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
With the “Transfer Portal” that exists now, it is clear who is actually transferring. I don’t know I f the portal is public but reporters seem to have sources telling them who is/isn’t there. If Westbrook were there, it would be known.
I imagine Tenn will hold off on granting releases until the new coach has a had a chance to talk to all the players.
Tiny wrinkle to the portal process. Players cannot put themselves in the portal. Players notify their institution and the institution has 48 hours to put the players name in the portal. Portal leaked info can come from the school, players, family, or AAU coaches.

Reaction Score
Now we wait and see if they can hire a competent replacement. Please, NO KAREN ASTON or Nicki Caldwell. Preferably someone young with fresh ideas, new spirit, and maybe outside the Vol family. We don't need a former LV.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Now we wait and see if they can hire a competent replacement. Please, NO KAREN ASTON or Nicki Caldwell. Preferably someone young with fresh ideas, new spirit, and maybe outside the Vol family. We don't need a former LV.
Someone willing to bite the Dawn bullet and institute a modern option offense which includes the 3 pt shot, use a tough M2M defense with the press and zones mixed in, not the press as your first option, judicious use of TO's, the ability to formulate understandable and effective plays during those TO's, the ability to coach up players to reach their potential, and of course the ability to lead young women on and off the court.

Reaction Score
I like Holly as a person. You could tell she means well but was clearly in over her head at a program of that magnitude.

Gonna be weird to not see Holly on the sidelines anymore. Hope she enjoys some time off, she has been at this for a long time.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
As I predicted Holly would be fired the Wednesday after the team is eliminated. I said a 2nd round elimination, but the effect is the same. So, here is my self pat on the back for those who questioned "Who are your sources", "An announcement must mean they're going tor retain her", or "How could the Vols possibly swallow that contract". I predict also that Holly, who is a Lady Vol for life will be kicked upstairs and will be retained by the administration in some capacity. I also predict those who signed LOI's, and some of the freshmen and sophomores will flee this prison. Horston sandwich anyone? Not very tough predictions here though.

Didn’t you say Holly had submitted a resignation letter? She didn’t. She was fired.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Didn’t you say Holly had submitted a resignation letter? She didn’t. She was fired.
Nowhere does it say she was fired. The idea of being "relived"of your post is open to interpretation. I still believe she resigned her post and will be kicked upstairs. And weren't you one of those that questioned my prediction and the probability of this happening at all? You questioning any part of this is like an elephant standing on quicksand.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I like Holly as a person. You could tell she means well but was clearly in over her head at a program of that magnitude.

Gonna be weird to not see Holly on the sidelines anymore. Hope she enjoys some time off, she has been at this for a long time.
Holly is a lifer. Look for her to pop up in the UT admin somewhere.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Nowhere does it say she was fired. The idea of being "relived"of your post is open to interpretation. I still believe she resigned her post and will be kicked upstairs. And weren't you one of those that questioned my prediction and the probability of this happening at all? You questioning any part of this is like an elephant standing on quicksand.

No I was not. I said she would not resign and she didn’t. I don’t know why anyone would think she would just quit. Why would she? That’s not who she is as a person.

The NY Times story says that Holly was given a termination letter informing her that she was being fired without cause and would receive buyout in an amount in excess of $700k.

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
From the New York Times: "Warlick's agent/attorney, Worrick Robinson, said the school's termination letter said the coach was fired without cause. According to Warlick's contract, that means the school owes her a buyout of just over $700,000."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom