HOF Coach Calhoun Might Be Human? | The Boneyard

HOF Coach Calhoun Might Be Human?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

So here I am just enjoying one of my favorite pastimes - watching highlights from this year's championship run - and I noticed something that I hadn't seen before. Moments before we officially punch our ticket to the Final Four, the camera pans to the crowd and for a brief second it looks like Rip is consoling an emotional JC. Right at the 14:52 mark.

Has anyone else noticed this yet?

Reaction Score
why not? he did after all build this.......all of this. this is all his. the success, the players, the rings, the banners...maybe it finally shined on him that he did a pretty damn good job building one of the greatest programs in the history of college sports. he handed off the reigns to the only man that can finish what he started, but he'll never be pushed aside. what brilliance we've witnessed, and how lucky we are. Jimmy.

Reaction Score
He was chewing the gum real heavy...was in "fight" mode.

Reaction Score
Watch Calhoun's face here at 24:37.

I bet that's the face he's making. Also recall that Calhoun told fans in the elevator that this one was already cinched up. Ollie and the coaches knew they had Calipari's number and that all the players had to do was perform as they had already done during the season, and that the game was a certainty if they did. Supreme confidence, no surprise at all on Calhoun's face.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

So here I am just enjoying one of my favorite pastimes - watching highlights from this year's championship run - and I noticed something that I hadn't seen before. Moments before we officially punch our ticket to the Final Four, the camera pans to the crowd and for a brief second it looks like Rip is consoling an emotional JC. Right at the 14:52 mark.

Has anyone else noticed this yet?

Disagree with your conclusion, but gave you a like for spotting JC and RIP in the crowd. You must have been great at finding Waldo. You might consider making a career as an inspector.

Reaction Score
Watch Calhoun's face here at 24:37.

I bet that's the face he's making. Also recall that Calhoun told fans in the elevator that this one was already cinched up. Ollie and the coaches knew they had Calipari's number and that all the players had to do was perform as they had already done during the season, and that the game was a certainty if they did. Supreme confidence, no surprise at all on Calhoun's face.

Great stuff brodie...VERY good stuff. :)

"This is what happens when you BAN us..." - Bazz (Never gets old)

Last edited:

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I dunno, to me it looks more like Calhoun has a "it ain't over til it's over" look and Rip is just giddy.

This, even though it really WAS over

Reaction Score
Didn't look like consoling to me. Looked like Rip grabbing him by the shoulder and shaking him like, "We're going to the Final Four!" And JC is kind of stoic like, "It's not over yet." Once a coach, always a coach.

Reaction Score
I bet knowing JC's thoughts over the years and his many stares into the stands, he was very proud looking into the sea of National Flag Blue clad fans at MSG. He had to be thinking damn I had a lot to do with this and this is beautiful!

A home game at MSG, not even St Johns or the Cuse know about that! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger