Hockey Celebration Video | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hockey Celebration Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Having been to the last AHA playoff game against Robert Morris last season and the Hockey East home season opener at XL (and beating BC!), as someone else said, we are now a hockey school. Knew this day would come but never this fast and beautifully.

We'll have the largest crowds in CT on a regular basis. Yale and QU won't be able to keep up (unless QU goes to the HE, and they do want to). I am sure Rand Pecknold is having more nightmares about his missed championship opportunity for now.

Reaction Score
First of all my Thunderchicken visitor: "Thank you for your support of UConn athletics"!
Secondly, get your facts straight: John Toner had the blueprints & mockup of Gampel drawn up in the late 70's. Plans were for a multipurpose arena with seating capacity of 8000 to be used for both basketball & hockey. The State wouldn't allow a larger facility on campus as it felt that such a facility would negatively impact attraction of events to the Hartford Civic Center, which it had just rebuilt after the roof & ceiling collapse post blizzard. It was a time of fiscal austerity, & Toner only got State funding for the project after lowering building cost by trimming out the hockey rink & associated refridgeration system.

You're welcome and my "facts" come directly from someone who was very involved in the design and construction of the building. Sorry I'll take his "facts" over yours.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Don't think the two future HOF's had the juice before Gampel was funded. It was interesting to read from Malloy that UConn had an open invitation to join HE, didn't know that.

I wonder if we also have open invites to the SEC for football, the ACC for basketball and the AAU for research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom