Hmmm, where's the BadAss Award for the Duquesne Game? | The Boneyard

Hmmm, where's the BadAss Award for the Duquesne Game?

Reaction Score
Could it be that because Katie Lou was so outstanding it was felt there was no need for the award. If so, that sucks in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Could it be that because Katie Lou was so outstanding it was felt there was no need for the award. If so, that sucks in my opinion.
I'll second your recommendation HumblePie. Lou was en fuego last night. (AAC Player of the Week kind of numbers???)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Even if Katie Lou had a technically superior game (stat wise), Kia's game under the circumstances can easily be interpreted as the mark of a true bad ass especially keeping in mind how she air balled her first shot and then made all her others. I imagine it would actually be a close race.

Reaction Score
It was Kia's night and she had a great game, offensively and defensively. I thought it very respectful of Kibitzer to leave it alone.

Reaction Score
Kia had the added pressure of performing in front of her countrymen and as they say,pressure can burst pipes or it can make diamonds,so,therefore she gets no worse than a tie for ba imho. She was a true diamond.

Reaction Score
Just an observation... for Nevada Game...Gabby's Homecoming and her best game of the year (18 points) where she was All over the court on both ends, Kia got the most votes for BA.... roughly 3 votes to every 1 for Gabby.

Now we have a similar scenario... the "homecoming player" had a Very Good Game...but IMHO (and the SNY Broadcasters and a number of news/sports reports) Lou "stole the show"...

Just sayin'

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Under ordinary circumstances, Samuelson would get the award. The circumstances weren't ordinary. It was Kia's night. Acknowledge it. Give her the award.
That's why I ❤️ you, Kibitzer.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
images

Reaction Score
I'd like to acknowledge the return to form of our "quiet" scorer, who does the biggest bunch of stuff
otherwise--GABBY.

and who continues to show that she is the most spectacular passer of the ball on the team. she consistently finds the open player, actually giving up scoring opportunities of her own. when comfortable and playing her game I think she's the most valuable player on the team.she makes so much happen.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Even if Katie Lou had a technically superior game (stat wise), Kia's game under the circumstances can easily be interpreted as the mark of a true bad ass especially keeping in mind how she air balled her first shot and then made all her others. I imagine it would actually be a close race.
You forgot that she also "air balled" her first shot of the third quarter. KLS

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Actually, I was lazy typing the same thing 2 times since she repeated the same scenario in the second half. I did not say I thought Kia was the Bad Ass myself but that it was more than reasonable for others to consider her and it would be a close vote.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Actually, I was lazy typing the same thing 2 times since she repeated the same scenario in the second half. I did not say I thought Kia was the Bad Ass myself but that it was more than reasonable for others to consider her and it would be a close vote.
Noted, but I believe that it is not fair to KLS to have a different standard applied when it comes to the award. Kia played better than Gabby at her homecoming and it was awarded rightly to her, so the same standards should apply in this game.

Reaction Score

Right. Her first shot of the 2nd half (or 3rd quarter). Same thing. FWIW....Kia was 9-11 for 24 points (82%) while KLS shot a mere 11-14 (79%) in spite of a Duquesne game plan to leave her wide open all night long (sarcasm folks!!!!). They're both great players! Kia is a "rock star" in Canada and the game was played near her hometown in her honor, to her crowd. And she had a great night. KLS will have many great BA nights. God forbid Walker "goes off" in KLS's hometown next year!

Reaction Score
Noted, but I believe that it is not fair to KLS to have a different standard applied when it comes to the award. Kia played better than Gabby at her homecoming and it was awarded rightly to her, so the same standards should apply in this game.

Ditto! The award has nothing to do with (or at least shouldn't) it being Kia's "homecoming" game. Katie Lou had the better all-around game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom