Hmmm, where's the BadAss Award for the Duquesne Game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hmmm, where's the BadAss Award for the Duquesne Game?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Right. Her first shot of the 2nd half (or 3rd quarter). Same thing. FWIW....Kia was 9-11 for 24 points (82%) while KLS shot a mere 11-14 (79%) in spite of a Duquesne game plan to leave her wide open all night long (sarcasm folks!!!!). They're both great players! Kia is a "rock star" in Canada and the game was played near her hometown in her honor, to her crowd. And she had a great night. KLS will have many great BA nights. God forbid Walker "goes off" in KLS's hometown next year!
If that should happen then it should be rightly awarded to Walker.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Kia. The crowd showed up to see her and she gave them a spectacular show.

Reaction Score
Noted, but I believe that it is not fair to KLS to have a different standard applied when it comes to the award. Kia played better than Gabby at her homecoming and it was awarded rightly to her, so the same standards should apply in this game.
Master Seargent, I could not agree with you more... I think it's the military background in both of us coming out. CONSISTENT application of any standard (or in this case awarding BA designation) is paramount to good leadership. To negate Lou's clearly better game because this was Kia's homecoming and it was in Canada... is VERY inconsistent with how the award was decided in Nevada.

Reaction Score
Right. Her first shot of the 2nd half (or 3rd quarter). Same thing. FWIW....Kia was 9-11 for 24 points (82%) while KLS shot a mere 11-14 (79%) in spite of a Duquesne game plan to leave her wide open all night long (sarcasm folks!!!!). They're both great players! Kia is a "rock star" in Canada and the game was played near her hometown in her honor, to her crowd. And she had a great night. KLS will have many great BA nights. God forbid Walker "goes off" in KLS's hometown next year!
Something tells me Gabby is a rock star in Nevada... at least Starks/Reno area.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Master Seargent, I could not agree with you more... I think it's the military background in both of us coming out. CONSISTENT application of any standard (or in this case awarding BA designation) is paramount to good leadership. To negate Lou's clearly better game because this was Kia's homecoming and it was in Canada... is VERY inconsistent with how the award was decided in Nevada.
Thank you for your service and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Something tells me Gabby is a rock star in Nevada... at least Starks/Reno area.
Gabby is a Rock Star in most of the State, there are many in Las Vegas that like her even though she is a Northerner. Buy the way she is from Sparks.

Reaction Score
Gabby is a Rock Star in most of the State, there are many in Las Vegas that like her even though she is a Northerner. Buy the way she is from Sparks.
Auto correct, I think... changed Sparks to Starks

Reaction Score
After watching Kia air ball her first shot on her big night and recovering and her post game interview where she was sky high and walking on air there's no way I can't vote for Kia.
Katie Lou earned my complete respect. She scored 21 points in the first half AND selflessly gave up wide open threes to feed her Canadian teammate on her big night. UCONN BBall at its finest

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
On any other night, 33 points earns the BA award. But last night was Kia's night. Her 24 pts was sufficient to garner the award. Lou will have 20+ games to earn more BA awards.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I thought the same about Napheesa -- I counted about 8 rebounds in the first half, several more in the second half, and she wound up with 8. I guess there are some subtleties in the way they're counted that I'm not familiar with.

Reaction Score
I thought the same about Napheesa -- I counted about 8 rebounds in the first half, several more in the second half, and she wound up with 8. I guess there are some subtleties in the way they're counted that I'm not familiar with.
Canadian math??

Reaction Score

Highlighted above--that's why I believe KLS should be seated for the next game.
I purely love your last sentence. But most of what you wrote lingers in my heart, about KIA..

Reaction Score
Under ordinary circumstances, Samuelson would get the award. The circumstances weren't ordinary. It was Kia's night. Acknowledge it. Give her the award.
I concur---you couldn't have been more right about the LADY OF THE NIGHT--Kia. Yes, as you say KLS ordinarily would have been the BA --but not on KIA's night..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom