Hmmm, interesting article change on UConnHuskies.com | The Boneyard

Hmmm, interesting article change on UConnHuskies.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
An article that had the opening sentence:

The Buffalo Bulls beat the Connecticut Huskies for the first time in a dozen years with a 41-12 win Saturday, increasing the pressure on third-year Connecticut head coach Paul Pasqualoni.

was changed to:

Buffalo quarterback Joe Licata was 10 for 19 in the air with three TD passes for 177 yards as the Bulls defeated the University of Connecticut football team by a 41-12 score before a crowd of 20,952 at UB Stadium.

No mention at all of Pasqualoni. It was changed sometime between 7:00 this morning and now.

Reaction Score
AD circling the wagons and controlling the message. Perfectly understandable. That is one outlet where they can and should control the message. Doesn't change a thing in my mind except if Warde does not act today

Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe that the athletic department would support any type of article that mentions "increasing the pressure on third-year Connecticut head coach Paul Pasqualoni."

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

The Buffalo Bulls beat the Connecticut Huskies for the first time in a dozen years with a 41-12 win Saturday, increasing the pressure on third-year Connecticut head coach Paul Pasqualoni.

was changed to:

Buffalo quarterback Joe Licata was 10 for 19 in the air with three TD passes for 177 yards as the Bulls defeated the University of Connecticut football team by a 41-12 score before a crowd of 20,952 at UB Stadium.

No mention at all of Pasqualoni. It was changed sometime between 7:00 this morning and now.
They must have used the Associated Press's report of the game - has the same first sentence.

Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe that the athletic department would support any type of article that mentions "increasing the pressure on third-year Connecticut head coach Paul Pasqualoni."
Agreed. I'm sure there was a strong conversation with whoever authored the original.

Reaction Score

Yeah I agree that it has more to do with your statement than the fact that there are getting ready to fire PP and thus the statement is false because there is no more pressure on our ex-coach............

This is inconsequential though, Warde needs to get the job done by the end of the day.......There are no more excuses, we can't possibly create more of a rock bottom......We are a laughing stock ala BC for the last 8 years......

Reaction Score
AD circling the wagons and controlling the message. Perfectly understandable. That is one outlet where they can and should control the message. Doesn't change a thing in my mind except if Warde does not act today

Dude - you were there correct? Does the video I saw lie? I saw LOAFING. extraordinarily so. In my vocabularly, a LOAF, is a play, made by a player, where they are not moving with 100% effort. LOAF's are things that are usually, in highly disciplined football programs, broken down on film and players with LOAFs on film, are penalized, harshly. You can accept the results on the field, as what they are, when there are no LOAFs.

I couldn't see the sidelines, the demeanor of the team.

But the results to date, speak for themselves. 5-7, 5-7, 0-4. THe past two weeks, based on what I saw personally last Saturday, and saw on video yesterday, tell me that these coaches have no connection anymore to these players.

They have to go. The players can't go, they're on scholarship. This is a management thing now, and management has to act. THe coaches and players can't fix this anymore.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I'm sure there was a strong conversation with whoever authored the original.

It does say something about how even the people working for the Athletic Department and managing the website feel about PP........Everyone has had enough.......If Warde thought it was against the unwritten rules to fire a coach this early in the season, then the firing of Lane Kiffen should have made him realize how big time football programs act on unacceptable and frankly putrid coaching.....

Reaction Score
FWIW: The extreme opposite of a LOAF, is a play by a single player, that to my mind, embodies everythign that our program was - up through 2010, and is not anymore. It's the play that Ryan Griffin made on Johnny McEntee's fumble against West Virginia in 2011.

We have come very far from that CONSISTENT level of intensity on the football field, given by every player, on every down, in less than 2 years, and this is ENTIRELY on the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Dude - you were there correct? Does the video I saw lie? I saw LOAFING. extraordinarily so. In my vocabularly, a LOAF, is a play, made by a player, where they are not moving with 100% effort. LOAF's are things that are usually, in highly disciplined football programs, broken down on film and players with LOAFs on film, are penalized, harshly. You can accept the results on the field, as what they are, when there are no LOAFs.

I couldn't see the sidelines, the demeanor of the team.

But the results to date, speak for themselves. 5-7, 5-7, 0-4. THe past two weeks, based on what I saw personally last Saturday, and saw on video yesterday, tell me that these coaches have no connection anymore to these players.

They have to go. The players can't go, they're on scholarship. This is a management thing now, and management has to act. THe coaches and players can't fix this anymore.

There was some less than optimal effort out there for sure. That P wasn't running on the field chasing some of the offenders onto the bench was very telling. He has mailed it in himself.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The staff has lost the team, the fans and the games. Not one area of the team has improved under P and with the players starting to melt down, how can he stay? I just don't understand what there is to think about at this point. Remove P and GDL. Make Weist the full OC and give Hughs the interim HC position. You might have to give Hughs and Weist a little extra coin for taking on the expanded responsibility, but so what.

Reaction Score
There was some less than optimal effort out there for sure. That P wasn't running on the field chasing some of the offenders onto the bench was very telling. He has mailed it in himself.

Players and coaches LOAFing. If Warde Manuel is the guy to lead this athletic department where it needs to go as a football program, every minute that passes without a swift and decisive management move, followed by a good plan to move on the interim and then find some stability again, is on him.

Every loss, from here on out, is on Warde Manuel. That's it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

If he cared about his home state he would resign.

Reaction Score
It does say something about how even the people working for the Athletic Department and managing the website feel about PP........Everyone has had enough.......If Warde thought it was against the unwritten rules to fire a coach this early in the season, then the firing of Lane Kiffen should have made him realize how big time football programs act on unacceptable and frankly putrid coaching.....
Funny thing was Kiffen was working with a number of scholarships cut from the program. He was fired with one hand tied behind his back. Not making excuses for him, I just saying the PP has had a free hand in orchestrating this crappy season. So he stays, come on now NO #KING way. Fire him and GDL sometime today. This team has thrown in the towel with these guys. Is this just cause? I know the inmates can't run the asylum but............

Reaction Score
Not so much loafing but just no fire..anywhere. Two turnovers setting up scores (one a pick six) and their collective body language was shiite, just shiite. love or hate Don Brown but he would have been spitting nails yesterday on the sideline. I saw the equivalent of a coaching staff and a team more chewing their nails

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Especially when they're traveling right after a game, they use the AP article that's available immediately after the game and then replace it with staff copy later. The article that was up after the game was an AP headline and story.

Reaction Score
Not so much loafing but just no fire..anywhere. Two turnovers setting up scores (one a pick six) and their collective body language was shiite, just shiite. love or hate Don Brown but he would have been spitting nails yesterday on the sideline. I saw the equivalent of a coaching staff and a team more chewing their nails
And guess what? That's why Don Brown's not here. How do you expect the team to respond to this miasma? Look, I've been on a team like this. Freshman year high school we were 0-9. They even put me in for a few plays here and there. It gets desperate. The feeling on the time is despair, then it becomes a normal way to think and feel. They fired the coach, and 3 years later we were undefeated, but we seniors knew how it felt when we were freshman. That's clearly what's going on with this team right now.

Reaction Score
I don't object to removal of speculative statements or opinions, but removing factual statements that give context to just how bad that loss was is an unacceptable manipulation. Plus, this is a government institution not a private institution.

Warde, Herbst and crew better start dealing with reality. The place burnt down while they fiddled.

Reaction Score
And guess what? That's why Don Brown's not here. How do you expect the team to respond to this miasma? Look, I've been on a team like this. Freshman year high school we were 0-9. They even put me in for a few plays here and there. It gets desperate. The feeling on the time is despair, then it becomes a normal way to think and feel. They fired the coach, and 3 years later we were undefeated, but we seniors knew how it felt when we were freshman. That's clearly what's going on with this team right now.
Do you really think they can be undefeated in 3 years?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Do you really think they can be undefeated in 3 years?
Against the AAC and Tennesee / UVA? Not completely impossible, those schools aren't exactly top ten right now. Things can change in 3 years. If UConn hires the right coach, who knows.

Reaction Score
The staff has lost the team, the fans and the games. Not one area of the team has improved under P and with the players starting to melt down, how can he stay? I just don't understand what there is to think about at this point. Remove P and GDL. Make Weist the full OC and give Hughs the interim HC position. You might have to give Hughs and Weist a little extra coin for taking on the expanded responsibility, but so what.

Relax, he just hasn't gotten around to reading my e-mail yet.

Reaction Score

was changed to:

The

was changed to:

The sentence is still there on the first page of "Top Stories". But once you click the link and go to the full article, the altered sentence is in that article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom