Hmm...Baylor/UConn...men and women doubleheader? | The Boneyard

Hmm...Baylor/UConn...men and women doubleheader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I see that the two schools are discussing a possible doubleheader in MSG down the road.

I like it! During Ring #1 season UConn and Kansas had a similar doubleheader out there.
The UConn women won and I remember Geno saying that the game propelled Rebecca to POY favorite...not enough people had seen her play up to that point. The UConn men got blasted....and any future doubleheader as long as Jim Calhoun was coach was not going to happen. I remember reading that our very own Kim Better did a spot-on imitation of a stewardess giving preflight instructions...leading to much hullabaloo and hosannas from the audience....maybe with the exception of JC.

Hope it happens....it would get huge media coverage.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's kind of a weird deal for Baylor, but it'd be fun if they were up for it.

Their fans would be outnumbered by about 18,000, but so be it.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Heck...follow it up 2 years later with a similar doubleheader somewhere in Texas.

Fishy: your wisdom here...is there a realistic shot that in 3-5 years UConn will be in the
Big 12? We get in a power 5 conference....the Big 12 gets a foot in the metro MYC area.
'Realistic' is defined for this quesion as 1 in 4.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Heck...follow it up 2 years later with a similar doubleheader somewhere in Texas.

Fishy: your wisdom here...is there a realistic shot that in 3-5 years UConn will be in the
Big 12? We get in a power 5 conference....the Big 12 gets a foot in the metro MYC area.
'Realistic' is defined for this quesion as 1 in 4.

Why would we want a foot in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32