Hilton Armstrong joins Warriors staff | The Boneyard

Hilton Armstrong joins Warriors staff

Reaction Score
I remember reading a story a number of years ago when Hilton was on a roster. His NBA teammates were impressed with Hilton's x's & o's understanding of the game to the point of continually remarking about his perception and insights. I'm pleased for him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
One of the most underrated Huskies of all time. Worked his butt off for three years before having a huge senior season and getting picked in the lottery.
This is cool news but Hilton was properly rated while he was here.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
And not at all since leaving. His relatively short NBA stint and lack of minutes in the league have diminished many fans' perception of how good he was in his senior year here, averaging almost 10 points, 7 boards and 3+ blocks in 27 minutes a game to earn BE DPoY honors.

Remember, this is a guy who didn't think he could make a D1 roster coming out of HS, and Elton Brand convinced him he had the tools, he just needed to sharpen them and work on endurance and strength.

Reaction Score
By Husky fans probably, but I think in terms of general public Hilton wasn't a highly regarded college player. But he got a look from & some burn in the NBA so maybe properly rated there. I dunno that there's a need to dig trenches on either side of the molehill* of Hilton's rating as a Husky.

*not to imply that Hilton's rating itself is not substantial, just there's more variable topo maps elsewhere.

Reaction Score
And not at all since leaving. His relatively short NBA stint and lack of minutes in the league have diminished many fans' perception of how good he was in his senior year here, averaging almost 10 points, 7 boards and 3+ blocks in 27 minutes a game to earn BE DPoY honors.

Remember, this is a guy who didn't think he could make a D1 roster coming out of HS, and Elton Brand convinced him he had the tools, he just needed to sharpen them and work on endurance and strength.
And Calhoun was not very easy on Hilton his 1st three years. Could have easily transferred during that time.

Congratulations Hilton!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And Calhoun was not very easy on Hilton his 1st three years. Could have easily transferred during that time.

Congratulations Hilton!

Watching his level of play senior year still blows me away to this day. From an afterthought coming out of Peekskill to Big East DPOY in ‘06. The timing on his senior year blocks… as close to Emeka’s athleticism as I can recall.

Reaction Score
It is a pity he missed that Golden State first championship by one year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Congratulations Hilton!

Man, it is great watching that break. I hope we can get back to that level of basketball.

Reaction Score
Totally irrelevant to this topic but not new thread worthy. I saw Dave McClure listed as rising coaching star. He was a local kid I played in HS at Trinity Catholic before going to Duke. He is an assistant for the Grizz.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom