Highly ranked Rebecca Greenwell expands her list of schools (not UConn) | The Boneyard

Highly ranked Rebecca Greenwell expands her list of schools (not UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This isn't a surprise to me! Before the record breaking performance in Mexico with the U16/17 ( don't remember) she was expected to stay in state at either Louisville or Kentucky. Don't know how much publicity has changed that, but guess we will see.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
would love to see her go to L'ville or ND. would be cool if L'ville could snag Russell and Greenwell...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This isn't a surprise to me! Before the record breaking performance in Mexico with the U16/17 ( don't remember) she was expected to stay in state at either Louisville or Kentucky. Don't know how much publicity has changed that, but guess we will see.
I may have missed something. What was the record-breaking performance?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I may have missed something. What was the record-breaking performance?
i don't know about record breaking but she was the leading scorer on the team at 15.6 PPG followed by Russell with 11.6 and UCONN target Muvunga at 10.6. 2014 uber-star post player White was next with 9.8, Harper next at 9.6, and UCONN target Tucker at 9.4. Davis was next at 6.8 and Reimer next at 4.8.

Greenwell had a great tourney. so did Russell. i like Muvunga a lot but she's not rated as highly as Reimer. Geno's probably looking at both and he knows more than we do too.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I thought I remembered reading this, but wasn't sure, but per ESPN's "On The Trail" this is what it had to say about Greenwell.

"Greenwell tied or broke several records, though this is just the second U16 team fielded after the inaugural U16 Americas tournament in 2009 but is still impressive, with points averaged (15.6), field goals attempted (tied, 29), field goals made (62)and 3-pointers made (11) and attempted (tied, 24)".

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
ah. well you are right then! record breaking performance! :)

honestly she's solid and talented for sure, but given the talent that Geno has already recruited at her position (Tuck, KML), and that he's after Diamond who plays a similar type position, i can see why he's not looking at her...

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score

honestly she's solid and talented for sure, but given the talent that Geno has already recruited at her position (Tuck, KML), and that he's after Diamond who plays a similar type position, i can see why he's not looking at her...

Eric, I keep harping on guards needed for the class but I cant seem to get any feedback! Do you know what the guard situation is or will be?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Eric, I keep harping on guards needed for the class but I cant seem to get any feedback! Do you know what the guard situation is or will be?
Jannah Tucker and Karlie Samuelson are the guards targeted for 2013 as far as we know.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Jannah Tucker and Karlie Samuelson are the guards targeted for 2013 as far as we know.
yes. Mil got it right. those are the kids we seem to be focusing on.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
would love to see her go to L'ville or ND. would be cool if L'ville could snag Russell and Greenwell...
I could not agree with you more, ericsandiego!
We have 4 out of the top 15 recruits considering us: Russell, Greenwell,J. Jackson, and Mavunga.
If even two of these sign at Louisville we are going to have a helluva class. Things are looking good for Cardinal Nation.

We expect to give UCONN a run for there money this year at YUM!.
Any of you BY'ers coming down to Louisville for the game? Fabulous arena, looking forward to hosting your all's visit.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I could not agree with you more, ericsandiego!
We have 4 out of the top 15 recruits considering us: Russell, Greenwell,J. Jackson, and Mavunga.
If even two of these sign at Louisville we are going to have a helluva class. Things are looking good for Cardinal Nation.

We expect to give UCONN a run for there money this year at YUM!.
Any of you BY'ers coming down to Louisville for the game? Fabulous arena, looking forward to hosting your all's visit.
Jenny - most UCONN fans really like Walz and have a good healthy respect for what L'ville has accomplished. i know you guys managed to snag Bria Smith away from Tennessee. i think they and Kentucky may be your toughest competition for any of those kids, but who knows where they will end up? the question marks at tennessee could certainly work to your advantage, and to anyone else who is recruiting against tennessee...

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Again, I agree. I think all the drama going on at Duke also works to our advantage with Russell and Greenwell. Louisville loves Coach Walz and I am hopeful that he is the next Geno and Pat in the making. There is no reason to think he will leave U of L anytime soon. We have an amazing AD who has dumped a ton of money into making women's sports not only equitable, but competitive. Our future looks really, really bright. If Walz is still with us 20+ years from now like TN and UCONN have been blessed with their coaches, then we will be a powerhouse. We have a ways to go, but, Walz is absolutely building it.

I was hopeful YUM! would get in on the B East Tournament. Maybe next time it is up for bid. Maybe after Geno and Muffett see the facilities this year, and see the amazing fan base, they will agree not only can we host it but we can show up if our beloved Cards get knocked out. Louisville loves their Lady Cards, and basketball, and we are all showing up in droves to prove it.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score

tuck is a 4 who can possibly play the 3. lewis is a 3 who can play the 2. and diamond is 3/4/2 in that order. maybe it's just greenwell isn't looking at him ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There are always many potential reasons for all parties involved. Guessing is useless. Only if they speak can one know their personal reasons.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
welp... we can shut this baby down :cool:
There can be a lot of fun around here in guessing. It is important to remember, however, that it is useless in regards to certain things and that some things are easier to make guesses about and some more appropriate for guessing about.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
There can be a lot of fun around here in guessing. It is important to remember, however, that it is useless in regards to certain things and that some things are easier to make guesses about and some more appropriate for guessing about.

you could have said that before it was mentioned that "she wasnt looking at him"..... since it was guessing that "he wasnt looking at her" first

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No one said she wasn't looking at him, they said "MAYBE" she wasn't looking at him which was exactly my point. We cannot read their minds and can't know unless they state a clear reason. All else is guessing, could be this or could be that. I agreed with you and tnvol.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
tuck is a 4 who can possibly play the 3. lewis is a 3 who can play the 2. and diamond is 3/4/2 in that order. maybe it's just greenwell isn't looking at him ;)
Geno likes players who are versatile. when the class of 2013 comes in, he will have...

Dolson 5
Hartley 1,2
Johnson 4
Engeln 2,3
KML 3,2,4
Banks 2,1
Stokes 5,4
Tuck 4,3
Jefferson 1
Stewart 4,5,3

that's not counting McDaniel, who if she commits, can play the 4,3, and possibly 2 as she's been "working on her guard skills". so far it appears he's looking at Samuelson, Tucker, Muvunga, Deshields, and Reimer. as a 6'1" guard type player, i'd say she's similar to KML, who would be a junior, and Diamond who would be in her class. perhaps Greenwell can't play the 4 which makes her different. My point is that there's been no report that Geno has reached out to her or looked at her at all. not saying that won't change. but UCONN isn't on her list and apparently she's not on ours.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
mcdaniel is not by any means a 2. she's a 4 who might expand her range and ballhandling enough to play the 3. which regardless defeats your point entirely, because why would geno not want greenwell, a true shooting guard (which you only have 1 of in banks, i'm not counting engeln) but want 3 power forwards in the same class?

i just think it's funny that when an elite prospect doesn't list uconn, it's because she's not a good fit or geno didn't want her. when the reality is, some players just don't like connecticut. just as some don't like tennessee, baylor, ect.

but also...faris, doty, and buck will be gone when 2013 come in.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
mcdaniel is not by any means a 2. she's a 4 who might expand her range and ballhandling enough to play the 3. which regardless defeats your point entirely, because why would geno not want greenwell, a true shooting guard (which you only have 1 of in banks, i'm not counting engeln) but want 3 power forwards in the same class?

i just think it's funny that when an elite prospect doesn't list uconn, it's because she's not a good fit or geno didn't want her. when the reality is, some players just don't like connecticut. just as some don't like tennessee, baylor, ect.
not quite sure i understand your point. can you find a post on here that says Geno doesn't like Greenwell? any why would tennessee even be recruiting her as Davis and Simmons are true shooting guards. i think it's funny when other fans make comments like yours. unlike some schools, UCONN does not go after every top kid. they cast a very narrow net.

perhaps the reason Geno is not looking at Greenwell is because he's looking at Jannah Tucker, another top 10 shooting guard in the class, and Samuelson - another SG... Over the last 12 years, Geno has had the most success in WCBB by far winning 6 NC's. perhaps that causes some fans to have attitudes tinged with arrogance, but you can't argue that UCONN is at the top and there is no one else close in that category.

we have no idea why he focuses in on some kids and not on others, but there are a myriad of possible reasons, including the possibility that the kid is simply not interested in UCONN.

Reaction Score
not quite sure i understand your point. can you find a post on here that says Geno doesn't like Greenwell? any why would tennessee even be recruiting her as Davis and Simmons are true shooting guards. i think it's funny when other fans make comments like yours. unlike some schools, UCONN does not go after every top kid. they cast a very narrow net.

perhaps the reason Geno is not looking at Greenwell is because he's looking at Jannah Tucker, another top 10 shooting guard in the class, and Samuelson - another SG... Over the last 12 years, Geno has had the most success in WCBB by far winning 6 NC's. perhaps that causes some fans to have attitudes tinged with arrogance, but you can't argue that UCONN is at the top and there is no one else close in that category.

we have no idea why he focuses in on some kids and not on others, but there are a myriad of possible reasons, including the possibility that the kid is simply not interested in UCONN.

Excellent Post Eric!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul