Highest rated incoming recruits classes | The Boneyard

Highest rated incoming recruits classes

Reaction Score
What do these two schools have in common. Neither of them won a championship after these recruits arrived on campus.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I concur

UK fans are tired of highly touted freshmen with little results

I don't think Dook will do any better, experience matters

They'll be looking for a whole new class after their one and dones spend < one year on campus

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I concur

They'll be looking for a whole new class after their one and dones spend < one year on campus
A lot of Duke fans down here in Florida also unhappy with the one and dones.

Reaction Score
I concur

Calapari, scum as he is, proved he was an outstanding basketball coach before getting to Kentucky. If he can't make it work, there is no reason to think that Scheyer will be able to.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What do these two schools have in common. Neither of them won a championship after these recruits arrived on campus.

If Scheyer can make it work this year, and all indications are that he can

Based on what, exactly?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That was 30+ years ago. What kind of coach is he these days? Doesn’t seem to do much with the talent he gets. Ask Kentucky fans what they think.

You’re making his point for him

Reaction Score
With all these recruits Dook has brought in, what happens to returning players for this program? They're not all "one and dones," so did Dook lie to them "about the plans for them"? And, what about next year's recruits? Exactly, what share of minutes will all these players get. The fact is some of these "Dookie dreamers" will be 5 star cheerleaders. Flagg will get his, but his little tag along will be just another player. Hope "Bongo" ends up sitting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With all these recruits Dook has brought in, what happens to returning players for this program? They're not all "one and dones," so did Dook lie to them "about the plans for them"? And, what about next year's recruits? Exactly, what share of minutes will all these players get. The fact is some of these "Dookie dreamers" will be 5 star cheerleaders. Flagg will get his, but his little tag along will be just another player. Hope "Bongo" ends up sitting.
They play. The expected starting 5 this year is a sophomore center, sophomore SG, Proctor. Senior at point guard, Roach. Sophomore at PF. Freshman McCain at wing.
They may see guys leave, who knows? But Scheyer has said he doesn’t want to play the freshman heavy lineups. Probably has to next year.

Reaction Score
They play. The expected starting 5 this year is a sophomore center, sophomore SG, Proctor. Senior at point guard, Roach. Sophomore at PF. Freshman McCain at wing.
They may see guys leave, who knows? But Scheyer has said he doesn’t want to play the freshman heavy lineups. Probably has to next year.
My point exactly. So where does Bongo think he and all the incoming freshmen will play - and when, only 200 mins to go around. And what about all the elites coming in next class (2025). Should have gone to UConn and been the man when Clingan leaves this spring.

caw

Reaction Score
My point exactly. So where does Bongo think he and all the incoming freshmen will play - and when, only 200 mins to go around. And what about all the elites coming in next class (2025). Should have gone to UConn and been the man when Clingan leaves this spring.

Yeah they already basically have two five stars slotted for 25 with the Boozer twins.

Reaction Score
They're all going to start, all 5 of their starters this year are likely to be gone. 4 of them are projected 1st round picks and the 5th is a senior.

And stop with the name, it's Ngongba. It's insulting

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
They're all going to start, all 5 of their starters this year are likely to be gone. 4 of them are projected 1st round picks and the 5th is a senior.

And stop with the name, it's Ngongba. It's insulting

Only a senior, he technically still has a fifth year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes. If you are old enough to have seen him coach UMass in the pre-Camby days, you would know he can coach. And make players willing to run through brick walls for him.
Are you sure you're remembering Calipari?
man prevails GIF

Reaction Score
I haven't seen this much dook discussion and referencing since 2004. Funny thing many may not have been born or old enough to 'feel' Laether's shot.

All of a sudden it's like we've attached a rearview mirror to our Board.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He is the one guy with no worries. They have zero centers in the 23 class or 24 class. They will play Fillipowski at 5 this year, but after that it's Pat's job for at least two years. He has no competition at all. Now, wings, they have a ton of wings.

Reaction Score
He is the one guy with no worries. They have zero centers in the 23 class or 24 class. They will play Fillipowski at 5 this year, but after that it's Pat's job for at least two years. He has no competition at all. Now, wings, they have a ton of wings.
Which hopefully will help us for a guy like Sanon.

Reaction Score
Are you sure you're remembering Calipari?
man prevails GIF

I think he was an outstanding coach up until the last 5-7 years; especially in the UMass days where he did not have a ton of talent until really Camby. Most of those other guys were solid role players who got better under his coaching. After he won his title it almost seemed like he just told his players to go play and see what happens.

Reaction Score
I think he was an outstanding coach up until the last 5-7 years; especially in the UMass days where he did not have a ton of talent until really Camby. Most of those other guys were solid role players who got better under his coaching. After he won his title it almost seemed like he just told his players to go play and see what happens.
He did get thoroughly outcoached in 2014 by…checks notes….Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
He did get thoroughly outcoached in 2014 by…checks notes….Kevin Ollie.
For sure! When did he win the title? He basically stopped coaching after that, imo. My years are probably off since I stopped paying any attention to them a ways back.

Reaction Score
With all this brouhaha about a killer recruiting class--just remember the Michigan Fab Five never even won a Big Ten Championship, much less a national championship. And only 3 of the 5 had an NBA career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom