High bball IQ | Page 3 | The Boneyard

High bball IQ

Reaction Score
He’s very smart, I’m not trying to diss him at all. Alex has a chance to show off his understanding of the court in his enhanced role next year, which I think he will.

But I do think Andres defensive instincts, combined with his understanding of how to run sets and create ideal looks for his teammates is the only reason he’s an NBA player. Without his head, he’s just another athletic player that doesn’t sniff the NBA. He helped make Jordan and Adama a lot of money by understanding how they operate best as players, and I think that’s an underrated aspect of BBIQ.

Edit: I appreciate the video starting right at the point you were mentioning. Those were some great reads.
Well put. Also, Andre did take gambles that got him in trouble but I don't think that drops his IQ, I think it actually raises it in his case. He understands that the only way he is going to showcase all his ability is to not be afraid to make a mistake. This is intelligence in my book: perfection, is not.
Btw, I love this thread topic. It's good to hear how everyone classifies this overused but clearly relevant term.

Reaction Score
Im a big fan of smart high iq basketball. Pete carrill, court vision, backdoor cuts, making right pass. instinctually knowing where to be on D...A Heady basketball intangible to have, that can't really be taught

I think this years starting lineup will perhaps have 4 players i put in that rare classification. Which is unheard of

Made me think of list of uconn players who i think TRULY had this quality

Nadav
Sheffer
Marcus williams
Karl hobbs
Shabazz

Who am i missing?

Left AJackson out, after much thought, because he still sometimes made some decisions that dumbfounded me. Not a slight

Alex Karaban

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Agreed on the whole, but I think it's fair to say the guard DO have a BBIQ higher than the bigs. If only because there are way more 6' people in the world than 7' people. The guys who make it to high-major D1 at 6' are going to have (usually) developed a better BBIQ than other. They're also just generally much more skilled.

A kid with a BBIQ like Brimah would never have made it as a guard. Being tall is a huge handicap.

Also just because of their position they usually need to have a higher IQ on the court. A big that takes up space can still be effective without knowing what on earth he's doing, not so with a G/W.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom