Hierarchy of the WCBB teams you root for | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hierarchy of the WCBB teams you root for

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Comes down to the coach and player personnel for me more than anything else. I was a huge Tennessee fan during Pat's era but had trouble finding the program rootable watching players give 50% effort under Holly and I like Harper but the program lacks the same magic it once had. Current favorites I typically pull for (in no particular order) include Texas, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Duke, Tennessee, Vandy and Maryland. I almost always root against UCONN, usually root against Louisville too.
Oddly enough, I can't root for Tennessee particularly, although I do like Harper, it was different when Pat was the coach, really admired her, although I liked her less after "clockgate". As a Rutgers / Arizona fan I agree that Tennessee lacks the "magic".

Of your other thoughts, only Maryland is an absolute "root against". Never liked them from years ago. I don't root "for" Uconn, Vandy, Louisville or Notre Dame, but there may be games in which I favor them. I do root for Texas, South Carolina and Duke for Kara Lawson.

Also oddly, I am less and less a Rutgers fan, my alma mater, as the Vivian situation drags on, player turnover is high and I don't see a lot of games. Will never root against them, but . . .

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Oddly enough, I can't root for Tennessee particularly, although I do like Harper, it was different when Pat was the coach, really admired her, although I liked her less after "clockgate". As a Rutgers / Arizona fan I agree that Tennessee lacks the "magic".

Of your other thoughts, only Maryland is an absolute "root against". Never liked them from years ago. I don't root "for" Uconn, Vandy, Louisville or Notre Dame, but there may be games in which I favor them. I do root for Texas, South Carolina and Duke for Kara Lawson.

Also oddly, I am less and less a Rutgers fan, my alma mater, as the Vivian situation drags on, player turnover is high and I don't see a lot of games. Will never root against them, but . . .
What changed your mind about Pat with clockgate? IIRC she didn't really comment on it or contribute to the situation. Rutgers deserved to win that game, not that it ultimately made a huge difference over the course of the season though.

I like CViv but agree it's time to hang it up. Loved some of her Rutgers teams, particularly the 2006 and 2007 squads. The 2006 home game vs UCONN was a ridiculously good display of defense and I remember the crowd just exploding when Cappie hit a shot to give Rutgers the lead.

2007 was one of the best season turnarounds I've ever seen. They were blown out by Duke 80-40 early in the year, then upset Duke in the Sweet 16 and made a run to the title game.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
What changed your mind about Pat with clockgate? IIRC she didn't really comment on it or contribute to the situation. Rutgers deserved to win that game, not that it ultimately made a huge difference over the course of the season though.

I like CViv but agree it's time to hang it up. Loved some of her Rutgers teams, particularly the 2006 and 2007 squads. The 2006 home game vs UCONN was a ridiculously good display of defense and I remember the crowd just exploding when Cappie hit a shot to give Rutgers the lead.

2007 was one of the best season turnarounds I've ever seen. They were blown out by Duke 80-40 early in the year, then upset Duke in the Sweet 16 and made a run to the title game.
We were at Clockgate. I think most fans believed that Pat should have at least acknowledged, after the fact, that something odd happened. She didn't contribute to it, most of the blame, such as it was, was directed at Tina Napier, especially when it came out that the late referee Bonita Spence absolutely knew what happened and Tina Napier refused to consider it. Bonita was a good ref, actually sat in the Rutgers section at the Final Four (she wasn't working it).

Yes, I am ready for CVS to retire, and I like her a great deal. In her early days, she came to most monthly fan club meetings, and while that decreased over the years, she always attended at least one and always spoke up in support of the club. At one point my wife was an officer of the club, and throughout our years following the team ('95 to '11) Viv certainly recognized us as fans, although she most likely didn't know our name.

Sadly, since we moved in 2011, we have seen 3 games in person - the NCAA first round loss in Spokane ('12), a home game later that year when we were back east to help a family member after Super Storm Sandy and the WNIT Championship in El Paso. That's it.

Reaction Score
1. UConn
2. Elon (current student here!)
3. Stanford (they've had such likeable teams in recent years, play fundamentally sound ball, no drama)
I have the same list with the substitution of my alma mater at 2.

Could not agree more about Stanford tho. It’s hard not to like their high character & highly skilled players. Plus they don’t have an obnoxious fanbase like some of the other top teams. However, it sometimes hurts me to root for them because the school itself rejected me out of high school :( lol.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Hey hey hey.. no need to bring that into a perfectly fine thread.

hm.gif

Reaction Score
1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. Oregon State
4. Any Pac12 OOC
5. Iowa
6. Indiana
7. Gonzaga
8. The South Dakotas
9. Marquette (alumnus)
10. Paige Bueckers team

Always to lose:
Tennessee
South Carolina
Maryland
Baylor
Texas

Switched Notre Dame from "Always lose" to Neutral because they signed Kylee Watson and Olivia Miles is a real pleasure to watch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. Oregon State
4. Any Pac12 OOC
5. Iowa
6. Indiana
7. Gonzaga
8. The South Dakotas
9. Marquette (alumnus)
10. Paige Bueckers team

Always to lose:
Notre Dame
Tennessee
South Carolina
Maryland
Baylor
Texas
Flight canceled, quack quack. :p

Reaction Score
1. MSST
2. UConn
3. Texas
4. South Carolina
5. NCST
6. Louisville

teams I root against
1. ND
2. Baylor
3. Stanford
4. Tennessee
5. Texas A&M
6. Ole Miss

UHF

Reaction Score
UConn WBB2023
UConn WBB2022
UConn WBB2021
UConn WBB2020
UConn WBB2019
UConn WBB2018
UConn WBB2017
UConn WBB2016
UConn WBB2015
UConn WBB2014
UConn WBB2013
UConn WBB2012
UConn WBB2011
UConn WBB2010
UConn WBB2009
UConn WBB2008
UConn WBB2007
UConn WBB2006
UConn WBB2005
UConn WBB2004
UConn WBB2003
UConn WBB2002
UConn WBB2001
UConn WBB2000
UConn WBB1999
UConn WBB1998
UConn WBB1997
UConn WBB1996
UConn WBB1995

Reaction Score
Just rooting for 1, then following :
1. UCONN, so much history, so much stories
2. Stanford, the only other team I could say the same & the original Azzi
3. DePaul for Doug Bruno
4. South Carolina cause I admire what Dawn Staley has accomplished as a coach
5. Louisville, former BE + Jeff Walz (I would like him to follow Geno if it's not Carla Berube)
6. Duke
7. the team coached by Kim Mulkey, I like her way to tell her truth, not being soft
8. the team where a french player stars if it happens
9. Louisiana Tech & USC, hope the history will revive
11. Teams coached by former huskies
12. TN, know your enemy

Reaction Score
1. UConn (grew up in CT and have followed since elementary school. A good friend was a manager during the Taurasi years so I got to meet players from 2000-2004 on several occasions which was neat)
2. UMass (Alma Mater)
3. DePaul (Bruno is the man)
4. Indiana (they seem like a nice, hardworking team with athletes who seem to genuinely like each other)
5. Louisville (I think Walz is a pretty stand up guy who stands behind his players and really makes some shine brightly)
6. Other unknown teams having their moment against the larger/ more well known programs.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
1. UConn
2. Navy (hubby is an alum)
3. WPI (i know, D3, but I'm an alum)
4. Princeton (gotta love CB)
5. Vandy (wanna see Shea tear it up)
6. Auburn (we're adopted AU fans from AL folks we met in Jamaica 20 yrs ago)
7. Anyone opposing TN

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Since CVS won't retire for the good of the program, the teams I root for will look like this next season.

1.) LSU(watch every game)

2.) Rutgers(will check in on once and awhile). I'm tired of being emotionally invested in a program that keeps letting me down.
Animated GIF

Reaction Score
Mainly followed these 7 teams, conveniently in 6 different conferences (featuring Canadian players).

Here are my list of favorites; also included a theme I found for each team.

1. UConn (Edwards) Star Power
2. Texas (Lattimore) Texas Fight
3. Duke (Day-Wilson + Koabel) Analytics + Psychology
4. South Carolina (Amihere) Dominate
5. Oregon (Kyei) Assemble Talent
6. Arizona (Pellington + Hylton) Disrespect + Empowerment
7. Gonzaga (Ejim) Let's make a run

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Mainly followed these 7 teams, conveniently in 6 different conferences, (featuring Canadian Players)

Here are my list of favorites; also included a theme I found for each team.

1. UConn (Edwards) Star Power
2. Texas (Lattimore) Texas Fight
3. Duke (Day-Wilson + Koabel) Analytics + Psychology
4. South Carolina (Amihere) Dominate
5. Oregon (Kyei) Assemble Talent
6. Arizona (Pellington + Hylton) Disrespect + Empowerment
7. Gonzaga (Ejim) Let's make a runi

I guess Duke moves up the list since Lattimore entered the transfer portal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom