Hi, my name is Sandeman and I have a Uconn problem. | The Boneyard

Hi, my name is Sandeman and I have a Uconn problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is my first post. I've been a long time lurker and a Uconn fan for over 25 years. I grew up watching the huskies since I can remember. I remember sitting on the couch watching "the shot". With one second left on the clock my mom was freaking out that we were going to lose. I calmly told her it would be alright and we would win. For some reason I really felt we would win...then we did.

I was deployed in the middle east as a Naval Flight Officer between 2004-2006. I remember delaying some of our mission briefs (which meant a shorter pre-flight) so I could catch the end of some of the tourney games. Yeah, my Uconn addiction trumped national security. I also did that for the red sox games in 2004 but thats a different story.

I was engaged to a girl who went to Duke. I just couldn't stand her constant idiotic comments. She was a a Uconn hater and I had to dump her. That, and all people who went to Duke are inherently annoying.

Anyways, I really love reading this board. I have two screens up at work and always have some document up that makes it look like I'm working. Most of the time though I have the boneyard opened up in the bottom left corner of my screen and I'm really just reading that. I know I'm not the only one.

I could go on and on but I'll keep it short for my first meeting....ehem....I mean post. Cheers.

Reaction Score
Think of the BY as a mental exercise in Multitasking. Your doing your employer a favor.
Although retired I have a BY session open even though I might be doing
research in another session. It keeps the mind sharp. I also might be doing a crossword
puzzle at the same time.
The only real problem is laughing and drinking coffee . i'm pretty much banned from the living room.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hi Sandeman!

That was a great first post. The best line: "She was a a Uconn hater and I had to dump her." I read that, laughed, and then thought, well...yeah.

Welcome to the board!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So what's your problem - UConn men's bb obsession, reading this board, or having to find out the hard way about Duke women?:) Sounds like you have two problems to me!;)

Welcome to a place of mostly useless information with a smattering of useful information including a very small amount of pertinent information relative to this forums name. Personally I love this place!

Reaction Score
speaking of dook galz; years ago in 1 of my many professional endeavors in heavy industry i was a producer over a team of writers, directors, technicians for films on greenfield plant start-ups and concomitant ergonomics issues

1 of writers was dookie gal

this swiss miss had the foulest, dirtiest, vulgar mouth east of miss river

& she always liked to hit you b/t eyes with nasty boy jokes-woooza

also some dudes from unc were on my crew & they didnt like my UCONN jive

Too Bad-needless to say i dont dig acc 1 iota

Reaction Score
This is my first post. I've been a long time lurker and a Uconn fan for over 25 years. I grew up watching the huskies since I can remember. I remember sitting on the couch watching "the shot". With one second left on the clock my mom was freaking out that we were going to lose. I calmly told her it would be alright and we would win. For some reason I really felt we would win...then we did.

I was deployed in the middle east as a Naval Flight Officer between 2004-2006. I remember delaying some of our mission briefs (which meant a shorter pre-flight) so I could catch the end of some of the tourney games. Yeah, my Uconn addiction trumped national security. I also did that for the red sox games in 2004 but thats a different story.

I was engaged to a girl who went to Duke. I just couldn't stand her constant idiotic comments. She was a a Uconn hater and I had to dump her. That, and all people who went to Duke are inherently annoying.

Anyways, I really love reading this board. I have two screens up at work and always have some document up that makes it look like I'm working. Most of the time though I have the boneyard opened up in the bottom left corner of my screen and I'm really just reading that. I know I'm not the only one.

I could go on and on but I'll keep it short for my first meeting....ehem....I mean post. Cheers.
You belong here. Welcome.

Reaction Score

Nice post Sandeman. Good to have another Navy man aboard. I was a grunt corpsman with the 1st Marines.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Kinda seemed like he was fishing for likes with that post, but, still good, I'll allow it.

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service!

Reaction Score

Welcome aboard, Sandeman! You have to have a Husky addiction to be here, and your behavior is certainly very normal around these here parts.

Reaction Score
speaking of dook galz; years ago in 1 of my many professional endeavors in heavy industry i was a producer over a team of writers, directors, technicians for films on greenfield plant start-ups and concomitant ergonomics issues

1 of writers was dookie gal

this swiss miss had the foulest, dirtiest, vulgar mouth east of miss river

& she always liked to hit you b/t eyes with nasty boy jokes-woooza

also some dudes from unc were on my crew & they didnt like my UCONN jive

Too Bad-needless to say i dont dig acc 1 iota
WHAT?? Can someone translate this for me?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
welcome aboard.
thanks for your service in the military.

Cheers to an Awesome upcoming season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22