Hi from AZ | The Boneyard

Hi from AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hi Everyone,

I have been a lurker for a little while, but with desire to help provide some sort of gift to JC to show my appreciation for all that he has done over the years, I finally decided to join.

I live in Tucson now, but grew up in Tolland and South Windsor. I started watching with my Dad during the Dom Perno days with Earl Kelley and have been hooked ever since. I remember when JC was hired and at the time I obviously did not know much about him (still a young kid at the time). Little did I know he happened to be one of the greatest coaches of all time. There have been so many great moments from The Shot to the 2011 championship, but I think the greatest one for me is the 1999 championship. It was amazing to watch JC take UConn to the top when everyone else did not think it was possible. Of course, any time we beat Duke is a good day. When people doubt JC that's when he shines the most. JC got the most out of the talent that he got and no one else did it better. He made the impossible seem possible. As KO said, "Believe". There have been so many moments that make me remember where I was when they happened. And yet for all he has accomplished, he is still underrated. And that's probably just the way he wants it.

The fact that he is now retired almost seems surreal. JC will still be on the sidelines taking command as soon as I wake up. But I know it's not going to happen. I have all the faith in the world in KO, but it is going to be strange to watch the first game without JC on the bench. He's been out before, but we always knew he was coming back...not this time.

Thank you JC for all of the great memories. You will always be remembered!

Reaction Score
Thanks all. Yeah, I remember watching Earl the most of all the players at the time, along with Hobbs and Besselink. Been following Ray Allen for his whole career. It is truly amazing how far JC has taken us. Glad we came along for the ride.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Anyone who was turned on to the Huskies during the Earl Kelley reign of terror is a true fan.

"The Earl Kelley reign of terror" would be a fantastic fantasy team name.

Great story and welcome. Don't be a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom