Hey We Get To Play Reigning Champions! | The Boneyard

Hey We Get To Play Reigning Champions!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You must be assuming the Huskies are having an off night or there's likely been a serious injury to one of their core Four. This is one seriously talented team the Huskies are bringing to women's college basketball this year. Wow!
While I appreciate your level of optimism, a 20 pt win on the road against the reigning national champions would be just fine by me.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I thought I read that we were playing SC February 1 a few weeks ago, 'cause I already booked a hotel room on that date-

I'd double check anything. But the official schedule went up 2 weeks ago. Everyone in SC is under a lot of pressure right now. I could check it for you but the endorphins (sp?) are wearing off. Actually, it's the histamines. Particulate allergy and tons of smoke here!

Reaction Score
You must be assuming the Huskies are having an off night or there's likely been a serious injury to one of their core Four. This is one seriously talented team the Huskies are bringing to women's college basketball this year. Wow!
quote-whom-the-gods-would-destroy-they-first-make-mad-euripides-282824.jpg

happy to have 38 one-point victories.....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
View attachment 24555

happy to have 38 one-point victories.....

Which reminds me how much I enjoy Geno's press conference Job act.

Frese gets a kick out of it too. Oh, wait, she's Job and he's Zeus, to mix a couple of theisms. Sorry Bags, you liked I edited.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I said they would win by 20 and I will stick with that. Dont forget Stewie, Morgan and Mo only won by 12 down in SC. If you are so sure of the score pick a number and lets see who comes closer! My number will stay the same for the next 5 months. This year when Gabby makes a play that nobody else in WCBB can make and there will be quite a few of them. Then WOW will be properly used!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Pretty weak non-conference schedule.

Well. We play a better than average conference schedule so....

Maryland, Duke, UConn, Temple, Rutgers and possibly Notre Dame out of conference..

Mississippi State, Missouri (x2), Kentucky (x2), Tennessee (x2) and an improving Vanderbilt team in conference?

Yeah, I'll take our weak non-conference schedule.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well. We play a better than average conference schedule so....

Maryland, Duke, UConn, Temple, Rutgers and possibly Notre Dame out of conference..

Mississippi State, Missouri (x2), Kentucky (x2), Tennessee (x2) and an improving Vanderbilt team in conference?

Yeah, I'll take our weak non-conference schedule.
Rutgers? The one that finished 6-24 last year?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn has managed to dodge playing against the reigning National Champion for the last 4 years. It's about time.
Not true. Every day in practice.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Rutgers? The one that finished 6-24 last year?

It's a Power 5 school with a legend of the game for a head coach. Never said they were world beaters.... but they're not Missouri School of the Blind either.

We play Mississippi State on the road and have two game series with all of the other top teams in the SEC this season. We don't need to pump our non-conf schedule up.. our conference schedule adequately challenges us throughout and we still play a better non-conf schedule than nearly every elite school not named UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a Power 5 school with a legend of the game for a head coach. Never said they were world beaters.... but they're not Missouri School of the Blind either.

We play Mississippi State on the road and have two game series with all of the other top teams in the SEC this season. We don't need to pump our non-conf schedule up.. our conference schedule adequately challenges us throughout and we still play a better non-conf schedule than nearly every elite school not named UConn.
Power 5 is only about football and only football! If it was more than football then Uconn would be in because they have 14 NCs since 1999 in CBB and nobody else is even close!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Power 5 is only about football and only football! If it was more than football then Uconn would be in because they have 14 NCs since 1999 in CBB and nobody else is even close!
While I mostly agree with your comment on P5 conferences being about football, I would also say that P5 conferences take "men's" basketball seriously since men's bball generate reasonable tv & ticket revenues as well. As for women's bball and other sports there is certainly not the same level of support or interest uniformly at P5 schools.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wow, were they that bad last season? My hometown team sure has slipped.
I'm afraid so. I think the page has turned on C. VIvian Stringers style of coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom