Hey lookee at Pacific | The Boneyard

Hey lookee at Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Tigers are now 7-5. I know, I know, you're thinking "Big deal" but Pacific was 3-9 after its first 12 games last season so this is a dramatic improvement. Three of their losses have been by less than 10 points, one was a one point loss to St. Mary's. The Tigers are currently riding a three game winning streak coming into the Big West Conference part of their schedule.

I'm rooting for the Tigers (and Mercer and C of C) after those schools' coaches stepped up and took a risk that playing teams several levels above them would improve their teams' overall play.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Towson has also been doing well since the UCONN game. they are 11-2 over with their losses coming to UCONN and Maryland. sure they haven't played the toughest schedule, but maybe those games prepare them for Deleware who they play next. they did beat a solid James Madison team...

FDU and BUffalo are really struggling at 5-9 each. Dayton is at 8-4 and recently lost a close 6 point game to Gonzaga. Fairfield is also at 8-4 with a close recent win over Iona.

i think i'm most surprised by Towson at 11-2. sure they probably won't beat Deleware or win their conference, but the team has to feel really good about their record thus far...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Towson has also been doing well since the UCONN game. they are 11-2 over with their losses coming to UCONN and Maryland. sure they haven't played the toughest schedule, but maybe those games prepare them for Deleware who they play next. they did beat a solid James Madison team...

FDU and BUffalo are really struggling at 5-9 each. Dayton is at 8-4 and recently lost a close 6 point game to Gonzaga. Fairfield is also at 8-4 with a close recent win over Iona.

i think i'm most surprised by Towson at 11-2. sure they probably won't beat Deleware or win their conference, but the team has to feel really good about their record thus far...
Dayton, Fairfield, and Towson are having nice seasons so far. Coming within 40 of UConn is another matter altogether.

Reaction Score
Thank you Geno for helping other upcoming teams.......

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this news. I feel good about the U of P record because I attended last year's UConn game at Stockton, and boy, did those folks turn out for the game. It was jam-packed, literally standing room only. The university did as good a job as they possibly could to make it THE event in town for the year, and the crowds responded.

I was reminded of that earlier this year when UConn played at Charleston before a record crowd, but far from a full house in what looked like a smaller arena. It takes a lot to promote a game when people aren't used to watching women's basketball, and it's nice to see U of P rewarded. I hope some of those fans are turning out for the home games.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Towson was picked to finish 11th of 12 teams in the Colonial Athletic Conference. Hopefully it can continue having as much success in conference as it's been having OOC.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Towson was picked to finish 11th of 12 teams in the Colonial Athletic Conference. Hopefully it can continue having as much success in conference as it's been having OOC.
wow i did not know that. well they already beat James Madison. it will be really interesting to see where they end up at the end of the season...

Reaction Score
Tomcat. I was also at that game and spoke to a few of the UConn fans that attended perhaps one was you. One thing that really helped the attendence was strong interest in local high school girls basketball. That being somewhat fueled by the Success of the St Marys Stockton's girls basketball program. They for last four years being highly ranked nationally and winning three straight state champianships.

The Uconn game did spur a lot interest in the college program but unfortunately some of that was negated by the transfer of two of their top players. But I am sure their recent win streak should make up for that. I think there have been some discussions on this site and others on if UConn and other top ranked team should be playing so called cupcakes. Well perhaps not always, but sometimes it really does promote constructive interest in WCBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom