Hey kid - Take these Husky head stickers, go around the campus and... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hey kid - Take these Husky head stickers, go around the campus and...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is a stunning statement considering who his predecessor was.

Sadly, I can't say I disagree with it.

In retrospect - Coach PP was better than Diaco at:
  • Recruiting pure talent - this is proven by who is playing on Sundays - so far all PP and no BD. Diaco has a chance to rebalance this point based on what Edsall & Co can do with Dixon/Herring/Hopkins/Skanes/Vickers/Coyle etc,
  • Building a balanced team (ie not overloading the roster with TE and/or LBs tweeners w/o a natural position).
  • Building a coaching staff. BD was clearly insecure from day 1 about his abilities and chose to line his staff with cronies that he could control rather than coaching talent which might out shine him.
I'm sure there is more. People with better memories fire away.

Reaction Score
Well just to be fair the NFL thing is a bit unfair since Diaco's first recruits will be seniors or redshirt Jrs this year. But who are the Diaco guys who came in and grabbed a job? Maybe Peart but that's about all

Reaction Score
In retrospect - Coach PP was better than Diaco at:
  • Recruiting pure talent - this is proven by who is playing on Sundays - so far all PP and no BD. Diaco has a chance to rebalance this point based on what Edsall & Co can do with Dixon/Herring/Hopkins/Skanes/Vickers/Coyle etc,
  • Building a balanced team (ie not overloading the roster with TE and/or LBs tweeners w/o a natural position).
  • Building a coaching staff. BD was clearly insecure from day 1 about his abilities and chose to line his staff with cronies that he could control rather than coaching talent which might out shine him.
I'm sure there is more. People with better memories fire away.

I stopped after "in retrospect" because I knew what you were about to say dog sheet doesn't smell as bad as cow sheet.

Put a sticker on both of them.

Reaction Score
If you believe the chatter, he was not well liked. Maybe it's just a final dig.

Mmm, I think it is a message that it is a new era. They'll swap out the picture soon enough.

One thing is clear HCRE has zero respect for Diaco. I think he actually resents the damage that Red Pants did here. I don't believe that he is alone in that view.

Can you guys share the chatter?

Reaction Score
The one thing that always bothers me is the mean-spiritedness of a prank like that. No good comes from it. I see it in some Boneyard posts, see it in the vicious political world we live in right now and see it more and more in society in general as I make my way through the day. Just ugly and so unnecessary, so counter productive.

Reaction Score
"prank"? lmao, okay.

We are simply diverting attention away from a terrible time for the program. Recruits will come see the players celebrating on the field, without being reminded of the fact that coach helped take the program to new lows.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
"prank"? lmao, okay.

We are simply diverting attention away from a terrible time for the program. Recruits will come see the players celebrating on the field, without being reminded of the fact that coach helped take the program to new lows.
Agreed. Leaving images of a recently departed coach with a pitiful winning percentage who was not liked or respected is a distraction and I think sends a confusing message to visitors to the building. Had Bobby exited with grace (ie left on his own terms rather than being fired) and some fan support it would be completely different. I can't imagine another school not doing the same.

Reaction Score
"prank"? lmao, okay.

Well then simply take the picture down.

Reaction Score
Well then simply take the picture down.
No. There's no reason to take the photo down.

Some people are apparently sensitive and butt hurt for no reason.

Reaction Score
No. There's no reason to take the photo down.

Some people are apparently sensitive and butt hurt for no reason.

If the argument is we're trying to forget this chapter of UConn football than yes, there is a reason to take it down.

Reaction Score
If the argument is we're trying to forget this chapter of UConn football than yes, there is a reason to take it down.

Yes, instead of slapping the logo on there, let's take down a great photo of players and fans celebrating on the field during the one bright spot of the three years FUBD coached here because some people choose to take offense.

In other words, let's throw the baby out with the bath water.

Reaction Score
Yes, instead of slapping the logo on there, let's take down a great photo of players and fans celebrating on the field during the one bright spot of the three years FUBD coached here because some people choose to take offense.

In other words, let's throw the baby out with the bath water.

If we're counting it as an accomplishment, then Diaco was part of it. He coached a great game, pulling that one out with frickin Boyle at QB. Covering up the coach just looks silly.

If you don't want Diaco there find another picture from that game.

Reaction Score
If we're counting it as an accomplishment, then Diaco was part of it. He coached a great game, pulling that one out with frickin Boyle at QB. Covering up the coach just looks silly.

Probably what they should've done, (do).

Reaction Score

complaining about it being covered up is much, much more silly.

it's a significant improvement on the photo. replacing a raving lunatic with our logo is easily better than any of the coats of paint slapped on the building by FUBD.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My guess it is temporary. I'd love to see it painted over with a picture of Dan O, way back when, on the first play of the game at Wake throwing a 50 something yarder to somebody whose name escapes me.

Blew out Wake like 52-10 or something like that.

Oh yeah, and RE 1.0 allowed that play call. :D

Reaction Score
complaining about it being covered up is much, much more silly.

No it's not. Your one of the most mean spirited posters on this board and give UConn fans in general a bad name. Were you in the photo? If not then why your sick obsession with it. Just get rid of the picture and put up another. Why the sophomoric, childish pranks? Grow up people.

Reaction Score
No it's not. Your one of the most mean spirited posters on this board and give UConn fans in general a bad name. Were you in the photo? If not then why your sick obsession with it. Just get rid of the picture and put up another. Why the sophomoric, childish pranks? Grow up people.

*You're* confused. And also wrong....

...often.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom