Hey kid - Take these Husky head stickers, go around the campus and... | The Boneyard

Hey kid - Take these Husky head stickers, go around the campus and...

Reaction Score
Gotta celebrate the win over Houston that night somehow! Good to see that's the low bar set for the program.

Worst winning percentage for a football coach since 1920. Hard to believe Warde set that up. Glad Michigan took him!

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
The disappearing Diaco. Love it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You know if this was reversed, Bob would have spent all weekend adjusting/tweaking the sticker. Of course with Edsall, you know he just delegated and moved on instantaneously.

Reaction Score
He had the worst winning percentage of any UConn football coach since 1920.

Yeah, and he got fired. But that was one good moment he did have. I don't see a reason to erase it from history.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and he got fired. But that was one good moment he did have. I don't see a reason to erase it from history.
If you believe the chatter, he was not well liked. Maybe it's just a final dig.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If you believe the chatter, he was not well liked. Maybe it's just a final dig.
Maybe not but I don't like it either. Seems classless. The guy was fired. Better that both parties just move on. If anything had to happen, change out the photo. The field was packed in celebration that night. Surely there are a couple pictures that don't include Diaco.

Low "Rent."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mmm, I think it is a message that it is a new era. They'll swap out the picture soon enough.

One thing is clear HCRE has zero respect for Diaco. I think he actually resents the damage that Red Pants did here. I don't believe that he is alone in that view.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Mmm, I think it is a message that it is a new era. They'll swap out the picture soon enough.

One thing is clear HCRE has zero respect for Diaco. I think he actually resents the damage that Red Pants did here. I don't believe that he is alone in that view.
It does seem like Edsall (probably with the help of Corey) mined the boneyard to find a hundred ways to do things better than Diaco. Football alumni at practice? Why of course! Hiring people outside of your coaching tree with awesome resumes? Why of course.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Diaco had 0 respect for UCONN football history. He bashed Pasqualoni mercilessly when not necessary or appropriate. No alumni were back until he was gone. He held this program in contempt as he ran it into the ground. He was the head coach and didn't believe he could recruit a kid who wanted to come her from Windsor for g-d's sake. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE HIS FACE, HEAR ANOTHER WORD UTTERED BY HIM OR ANYTHING ELSE BOB DIACO RELATED. The only way to move forward is putting him in the rear view mirror.

You want Diaco info, look him up in the record books or GOOGLE him.

My hour is now ruined thinking about him.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
well see we aren't erasing what the kids accomplished, we are erasing the memory of the worst coach we have ever had. big difference.

Reaction Score
I kind of agree that he didn't respect UConn football but from a different perspective. I think he always thought of it as beneath him and not really big league football. You saw some of it in how he came allied about it and saw more in how he recruited. To him UConn was only slightly above 1AA and that was why close games with Maine were acceptable. And as bad as Paqualoni was publicly knocking your predicessor is unseemly and he did it constantly.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Oh, it was necessary and appropriate.

Nah, not really. Pasqualoni wasn't a good head coach. But much of the criticism that Diaco put on Pasqualoni was both ridiculous and uncalled for. Well beyond the normal "cupboard is bare" stuff, although that was part of it too.

Does anyone really honestly believe now (or then) that Pasqualoni's vitamin D regimen was why we were losing? ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
well see we aren't erasing what the kids accomplished, we are erasing the memory of the worst coach we have ever had. big difference.
This is a stunning statement considering who his predecessor was.

Sadly, I can't say I disagree with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom