Hey hey hey goodbye. | The Boneyard

Hey hey hey goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish the student section would stop with the "NA na na na hey hey hey goodbye" chant they do once the team puts the game out of reach. We should've put this game away midway through the first half. When you gloat about barely pulling out a win in a game you should have won handily, it just looks stupid to me. We're national champions. Were better than that.

Reaction Score
Well it is a song written and performed by a Connecticut band. If I remember correctly it is by steam out of trumbal ct.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
If we're winning when they're singing it, I don't give a s---. The student section can shoot the opponent's mascot for all I care about it.

If it is West Virginias mascot the students could even claim self defense.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If we're winning when they're singing it, I don't give a s---.
I know our students are generally not Rhodes Scholars, but even for us it would be kind of silly to sing it if we're not winning, no?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I wish the student section would stop with the "NA na na na hey hey hey goodbye" chant they do once the team puts the game out of reach. We should've put this game away midway through the first half. When you gloat about barely pulling out a win in a game you should have won handily, it just looks stupid to me. We're national champions. Were better than that.

When you do the chant mid way through the first half you look like idiots.

Reaction Score
We were chanting at a USF fan who was being an assclown all game so yeah get some facts.

Reaction Score
Few things worse on a message board than a guy who didn't go to the game bitching about something innocuous the student section is doing.

Reaction Score
Brochacho said:
We were chanting at a USF fan who was being an assclown all game so yeah get some facts.

I heard someone yell "go back to Chicago" on a Boat free throw. I imagine that was the guy? I sure hope it wasn't one of our fans.

I sorta laughed because he isn't actually from there. Aurora is an hour away.

Reaction Score
The women's team is up 20-0, should I send the student section now?

22-0 6 mins played. Waiting on you to push the boasting button.

Reaction Score

1. Were you even at the game? (hate when fans who don't go to games complain about fans who do)

2. I wish non-students would do something other than just clap occasionally...act like your supporting your favorite college basketball team, not watching the PGA.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
as long as the students are making noise - who cares
Im just glad they don't just jump up and down as say hackneyed things like at Puke BUT would love to see the students surround the lower level like at Puke.

Reaction Score
I heard someone yell "go back to Chicago" on a Boat free throw. I imagine that was the guy? I sure hope it wasn't one of our fans.

I sorta laughed because he isn't actually from there. Aurora is an hour away.
Yeah that was the guy. But it wasn't "go back to Chicago" it was stuff like "you aren't from Chicago" and "you lived in the suburbs." The guy was being a jerk to everyone in the section behind the USF bench.

Reaction Score
Yeah that was the guy. But it wasn't "go back to Chicago" it was stuff like "you aren't from Chicago" and "you lived in the suburbs." The guy was being a jerk to everyone in the section behind the USF bench.

I think he was the father of Troy Holston Jr.. He and his wife were wearing his uniform. Mayb Troy is from Chicago proper and this was some kind of diss at Boat for not really be from the "real" Chicagoland area.

caw

Reaction Score
The women's team is up 20-0, should I send the student section now?

22-0 6 mins played. Waiting on you to push the boasting button.

You probably could have started it before tip if it's a conference game for UConns women.

Reaction Score
I think he was the father of Troy Holston Jr.. He and his wife were wearing his uniform. Mayb Troy is from Chicago proper and this was some kind of diss at Boat for not really be from the "real" Chicagoland area.
I don't know. I saw the girl you are talking about, but this guy was flipping birds at us and pounding beers in just a regular gray sweatshirt. He pulled out a Spiderman mask later, was an interesting character.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Brochacho said:
I don't know. I saw the girl you are talking about, but this guy was flipping birds at us and pounding beers in just a regular gray sweatshirt. He pulled out a Spiderman mask later, was an interesting character.

This guy obviously is doing it right. Kinda sounds like the man.

Lol Spider-Man mask. Check
Pounding beers. Check
Regular gray sweatshirt. Check
Flipping off opposing fans. Check

Yup we have confirmation, he IS the man.
Sign him up for our rooting team.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would love to see the "left, right, left, right SIT DOWN" chant when a guy fouls out be put to bed. Without fail, the player who fouls out waits right before our guy at the line is ready to shoot his FT. As he's hoisting the shot, the quiet of the arena is disrupted with a loud "SIT DOWN!" I've seen plenty of FTs missed.

For every single one of our other FTs taken at Gampel or XL, you can hear a pin drop (actually you can hear the buzz of the arena lighting and usually 1 yahoo screaming because they're a visitor's team fan). I don't understand that, as a basketball school, we haven't figured out that yelling "SIT DOWN!" can be disruptive. Especially considering that by the time a player fouls out, it's usually the 2nd half and 2nd half FTs are crucial points down the stretch.

Reaction Score
I would love to see the "left, right, left, right SIT DOWN" chant when a guy fouls out be put to bed. Without fail, the player who fouls out waits right before our guy at the line is ready to shoot his FT. As he's hoisting the shot, the quiet of the arena is disrupted with a loud "SIT DOWN!" I've seen plenty of FTs missed.

For every single one of our other FTs taken at Gampel or XL, you can hear a pin drop (actually you can hear the buzz of the arena lighting and usually 1 yahoo screaming because they're a visitor's team fan). I don't understand that, as a basketball school, we haven't figured out that yelling "SIT DOWN!" can be disruptive. Especially considering that by the time a player fouls out, it's usually the 2nd half and 2nd half FTs are crucial points down the stretch.

Also, it's super dumb.

Reaction Score
Amazes me what people take the time to complain about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger