Hey guys | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hey guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The sad thing about babysheep is that you can tell he's not even a troll, he is just an immature moron.

Reaction Score
Checking in real quick to let you all know that these threads have been quite hilarious. When I post my genuine concerns with this team, the majority of responses consist of childish misdirections that question how long I've watched basketball. Wonderful how you tards have the nerve to call me out on that, and then go on to blame the refs and SHU's 3-point shooting for us losing by nearly twenty (in the part of the game that mattered). SHU made just 3 more threes than we did. So who's left to blame, the refs? Blaney who apparently can't coach (except, you know, that little game against Texas two years ago)? You have the nerve to question my basketball knowledge and then try blame Bazz's 6 points on shooting 2/12, AO's continued uninspired effort, 29 rebounds (8 offensive), and continued soft hands on the refs?? On SHU coach stepping on to the court? SHU was called for 5 more fouls than we were. You (the people who choose to talk with me for no reason) are pathetic. Solid basketball knowledge for sure, though.

Yes, they shot well from 3, but this is not even close. It wasn't close for the last 30 minutes of the game.

When did Doug Gottlieb create a Boneyard account?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Checking in real quick to let you all know that these threads have been quite hilarious. When I post my genuine concerns with this team, the majority of responses consist of childish misdirections that question how long I've watched basketball. Wonderful how you tards have the nerve to call me out on that, and then go on to blame the refs and SHU's 3-point shooting for us losing by nearly twenty (in the part of the game that mattered). SHU made just 3 more threes than we did. So who's left to blame, the refs? Blaney who apparently can't coach (except, you know, that little game against Texas two years ago)? You have the nerve to question my basketball knowledge and then try blame Bazz's 6 points on shooting 2/12, AO's continued uninspired effort, 29 rebounds (8 offensive), and continued soft hands on the refs?? On SHU coach stepping on to the court? SHU was called for 5 more fouls than we were. You (the people who choose to talk with me for no reason) are pathetic. Solid basketball knowledge for sure, though.

Yes, they shot well from 3, but this is not even close. It wasn't close for the last 30 minutes of the game.

didn't you say you were leaving until April or something like that? It would be great if you actually kept your word. Judging by the ways your emotions swing to wild extremes, im guessing youre about 16 years old. Take it from an older, wiser guy. Things ebb and flow during the course of the season and results like tonights sometimes occur. Your life will be a lot better once you gain some perspective and realize that one night does not a season make. This is still one of the top 5 teams in the country and when they get JC back on the sideline and have a little time to grow, they will be competing for a national title.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The sad thing about babysheep is that you can tell he's not even a troll, he is just an immature moron.

Lmao, I thought the same thing. He actually thinks he knows basketball and his knowledge is somehow validated by a regular season loss, on the road, to a good Seton Hall team.

Reaction Score
attention-whore-advisory-system.jpg

Reaction Score

I too have felt the wrath, sheep, and even had the honor of being compared to you a few times. People on this site dont realize that we can point out legit concerns with the team and still be fans. Like for instance, I say Oriakhi has been playing "distustingly bad" and I get killed, even tho he had one rebound, six turnovers, and 4 fouls (distustingly bad seems pretty accurate). Thats a fair statement by me, not some unfounded and reckless attack. Some people here seem to think that all we can do is sit here and applaud our players and fluff them up even tho when we play pathetically like tonight, were not allowed to say anything. Its pretty dumb if ya ask me.

Reaction Score
We know who it is ... there's at least three of them on here who are taking great pleasure in either UConn or Oriakhi struggling so they can come on here and tell us how fantastic they are.
You are an idiot. I love Uconn basketball. Does it mean that I'm somehow not a fan because I cant stand Oriakhi playing lazy and completely sucking balls all season? You can root for Oriakhi and be satisfied with 0 pts 2 rebs 3 fouls and 4 turnovers, which is basically been his usual game lately. Im sure that helps our team win. Everyone who knows anything about basketball can tell that he is killing our team this year. His plus minus is roughly -15 per game. If you are actually a Uconn fan then you wouldnt want him playing right now because he is killing us (tonight not included; everyone played awful besides Lamb/Giff). All of this is true.

Reaction Score
You are an idiot. I love Uconn basketball. Does it mean that I'm somehow not a fan because I cant stand Oriakhi playing lazy and completely sucking balls all season? You can root for Oriakhi and be satisfied with 0 pts 2 rebs 3 fouls and 4 turnovers, which is basically been his usual game lately. Im sure that helps our team win. Everyone who knows anything about basketball can tell that he is killing our team this year. His plus minus is roughly -15 per game. If you are actually a Uconn fan then you wouldnt want him playing right now because he is killing us (tonight not included; everyone played awful besides Lamb/Giff). All of this is true.

Poor guy. Do you need a hug?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
i was hoping on coming back later for you morons but we lost a bit earlier and a bit worse than i expected. we have suffered a truly humiliating loss, and as expected, you idiots have nothing to rebut with other than "back already" or some similar response, given page 1 of this thread (i have no inclination to read any further for your butthurt, childish responses). i know; i know nothing about basketball. as i said, i hope i can be humbled by you future espn.com college basketball analysts when we win the championship. im sure you idiots have plenty of irrational self-assurances that nothing is wrong with this team in the long term, that it can be all marked up to youth (what year is AO, by the way? oh thats right, a junior), and that we will be fine in march. but it isnt march. its january, and weve struggled against usf (not to mention the other closer-than-should-have-been NC games) and got blown out by seton hall. i dont care how much you think you know about basketball, or how much you pretentious, arrogant assholes think you know about what intangibles certain coaches bring to the table vs others without ever even meeting the men in person or handling a real basketball team (the blaney comments were particularly hilarious, i must grant you). this team has issues, and none of your idealism will make any ptoential collapse (god forbid) feel any better. if anything, the disappointment will hit you harder than those of us who apply a realistic analysis to the play of our team as of NOW.

again, you (the people who have nothing real to respond to me with) are pathetic, and you need to get over yourselves, regardless of how this season turns out. the responses to my JL story (which of course will now be considered false in some desperate protection of your sports god) were testament to that enough.

this, of course, is not directed to those of you who secretly hold a similar opinion of this team at this juncture. we have a right to be confused and at least slightly upset with how this team has played thus far in the season. we began as a front runner as a final four and possible NC repeats. we have far more raw talent than we did last year. like it or not, this team has a high bar set for them.

-AO needs to play like he cares
-AD needs to work on his positioning
-JL needs to play defense and work on his ball handling
-SN needs to work on his decision making

ill let you guys go now till april. take a bet as to when i come back if it makes you feel better.

Reaction Score
i was hoping on coming back later for you morons but we lost a bit earlier and a bit worse than i expected. we have suffered a truly humiliating loss, and as expected, you idiots have nothing to rebut with other than "back already" or some similar response, given page 1 of this thread (i have no inclination to read any further for your butthurt, childish responses). i know; i know nothing about basketball. as i said, i hope i can be humbled by you future espn.com college basketball analysts when we win the championship. im sure you idiots have plenty of irrational self-assurances that nothing is wrong with this team in the long term, that it can be all marked up to youth (what year is AO, by the way? oh thats right, a junior), and that we will be fine in march. but it isnt march. its january, and weve struggled against usf (not to mention the other closer-than-should-have-been NC games) and got blown out by seton hall. i dont care how much you think you know about basketball, or how much you pretentious, arrogant *******s think you know about what intangibles certain coaches bring to the table vs others without ever even meeting the men in person or handling a real basketball team (the blaney comments were particularly hilarious, i must grant you). this team has issues, and none of your idealism will make any ptoential collapse (god forbid) feel any better. if anything, the disappointment will hit you harder than those of us who apply a realistic analysis to the play of our team as of NOW.

again, you (the people who have nothing real to respond to me with) are pathetic, and you need to get over yourselves, regardless of how this season turns out. the responses to my JL story (which of course will now be considered false in some desperate protection of your sports god) were testament to that enough.

this, of course, is not directed to those of you who secretly hold a similar opinion of this team at this juncture. we have a right to be confused and at least slightly upset with how this team has played thus far in the season. we began as a front runner as a final four and possible NC repeats. we have far more raw talent than we did last year. like it or not, this team has a high bar set for them.

-AO needs to play like he cares
-AD needs to work on his positioning
-JL needs to play defense and work on his ball handling
-SN needs to work on his decision making

ill let you guys go now till april. take a bet as to when i come back if it makes you feel better.

3533e5.jpg

Reaction Score
as i said, i hope i can be humbled by you future espn.com college basketball analysts when we win the championship. im sure you idiots have plenty of irrational self-assurances that nothing is wrong with this team in the long term, that it can be all marked up to youth (what year is AO, by the way? oh thats right, a junior), and that we will be fine in march.

You're right, what a team of experience we have. One player above a sophomore.

Also genius, there are these things called paragraphs and you capitalize the first letter of the first word after a period.

Reaction Score

Listen, you pretentious little bleater. We don't have a RIGHT to jackshit. We are the recipients of 3 national titles in 13 years. We are blessed. If we don't win another game for the rest of the year, we should still get down on our knees and thank the lord and Alex Oriakhi, because we are blessed.

Now...your basic criticism seems to be that...we need to get better. As of January 4, we need to get better. Wow. There's a suggestion of staggering genius. No sherlock.

But even those of us who don't qualify as ESPN analysts recognize that Jim Calhoun is pretty good at getting his teams much, much better by March. So while we can appreciate posts about specific issues and specific concerns - that's part of the point of a message board anyway - your sky is falling bs is...well, it's bs.

So goodbye April fool. Do us a favor and keep your promise to stay away this time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How can we say goodbye if you won't go away?

Reaction Score
@babysheep is the type of guy that hammers you and complains you called a foul.
Then he comes down and gets his ass swatted clean into the first row. He calls you for a foul because your balls slapped him in the chin as you sent the roundball over the chain link fence and into the street.

@babysheep always mutters under his breath when someone misses a layup, but complains about the pass when he misses one.

@babysheep calls a charge during pickup when his feet were CLEARLY moving

@babysheep is the true "reach-around-bandit". Apologies to Napier.

Reaction Score
Listen, you pretentious little bleater. We don't have a RIGHT to jackshit. We are the recipients of 3 national titles in 13 years. We are blessed. If we don't win another game for the rest of the year, we should still get down on our knees and thank the lord and Alex Oriakhi, because we are blessed.

Now...your basic criticism seems to be that...we need to get better. As of January 4, we need to get better. Wow. There's a suggestion of staggering genius. No sherlock.

But even those of us who don't qualify as ESPN analysts recognize that Jim Calhoun is pretty good at getting his teams much, much better by March. So while we can appreciate posts about specific issues and specific concerns - that's part of the point of a message board anyway - your sky is falling bs is...well, it's bs.

So goodbye April fool. Do us a favor and keep your promise to stay away this time.

Reaction Score

"We don't have a RIGHT to jackshit. We are the recipients of 3 national titles in 13 years. We are blessed. If we don't win another game for the rest of the year, we should still get down on our knees and thank the lord and Alex Oriakhi, because we are blessed." Selles

I would prefer a lap dance at Gold Club with my hands up a skirt, a cigar and my middle finger up at anyone who has a problem with that.

Reaction Score
Hey sheepdung shut your pie hole. We played poorly in every aspect of the game. Things like this happen. Bazz and Boat sucked and we didn't finish at the hoop like we can, but we will be better and hopefully by April we put it all together. We are passionate about our guys and sometimes we get carried away, so put a clean diaper on and disappear.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Pretty sh!tty weather for April we're having, eh babysheep?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
When was the last time a Uconn team played its best basketball in early January? Go home, tool.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
babbysheep logged on to the BY 10 minutes ago. the calendar thing must be tough to figure out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom