"He's the best athlete I've ever seen in person." | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"He's the best athlete I've ever seen in person."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed on the defensive end, Andre is guarding the other teams best player for a lot of possessions? And he usually does a great job at it too. Completely took Paul Scruggs shot out of the game vs Xavier (he did have a season high in assists from being forced to pass though). When he cleans up his fouls on blocks that I’m not really sure are all fouls, he is going to be more dangerous on that side of the court. And once he gets more of a defensive rhythm going I think we are going to see a ton of steals from him getting into the passing lane as well. Definitely the type of player that impacts the game on both sides of the floor without stuffing the stat sheet just yet. Not bad for someone who hasn’t played in many games yet.

Reaction Score
Iono bout best athlete but he’s the best nonchalant passer I’ve ever seen.
he needs to put more zip on his passes and maybe try using both hands.
He has a tendency to one hand bounce passes and I think he needs an extra geometry lesson or two because he always seems to misjudge the angle and leave it a little short...once he figures it out though he could be the best passing guard we've had since marcus

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed on the defensive end, Andre is guarding the other teams best player for a lot of possessions?
That was the thing that got B. Adams on the court when his shot wasn't falling.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When he comes from 20 feet away and swats a Shaq dunk into the stands, and literally leapfrogs a future NBA forward, give me a call.

Well, considering your scenario will never happen since Shaq is like 50 years, we are left with projecting whether or not Jackson could have made those plays, and the answer is a ridiculously easy yes.

Reaction Score
Hurley didn't say Dre was the best UConn athlete ever.

He said that Dre is the best athlete he (Hurley) has ever seen. I think Hurley was being sincere. And the fact that he said it is flat out amazing. We know Dre is athletic but this statement puts it at a whole new level.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Lots of potential. As everyone notes, his shot isn’t there. To be a great, that has to come. Obviously he does other things well. A great athlete doesn’t necessarily equal a great basketball player nor does being an average athlete stop someone from being a great player such as Larry Bird or Magic. If AJ can show even a mid 40% jumper from 15 feet in and even low 30s from 3 he’ll be scary.

Reaction Score
I guess you’re new to Uconn basketball and never saw Stanley Robinson aka Sticks play.
look him up. He was pretty good.

I’m not hating on Jackson but let’s get serious. He’s averaging 3 points and 1 assist per game.
but all of a sudden he’s the best Uconn athlete ever and a future top 5 pick next year.
i like his hustle but he’s loose with the ball and he can’t shoot.
He doesn’t need to look up sticks LOL @superjohn ain’t new to this

Reaction Score
I think Andre is very raw but lots of potential. Hurley also played with Terry Dehere who was no slouch.

Reaction Score
Jackson has shown flashes of being a fine player, just how fine is an open question at this early time. He has deferred to the more experienced players too much IMO. Perhaps the coach hasn't turned him loose yet. Jackson seems comfortable in many positions. We are playing 9+ deep, not many in the Big E have that luxury or even all of college basketball. It would be great to see Jackson penetrate more, get to the foul line late in games. He has a lot of up-side.

Reaction Score
can’t teach athleticism, jumping ability, and passing vision. The shooting is a matter of training and repetition although the best ones have a natural feel for it, and on that I don’t know.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It's acknowledged that the top of the draft predictions are dependent on him developing his shot.
If he does he will be a Cade Cunningham type of prospect, AKA the top pick in the draft. He already has the passing skills, I don't care what your assist stats say.
Cade might be the most polished PG prospect ever seen on the college level. Andre has a longggg way to go outside of just developing his shot to get near that level. With his talent I’d love for him to work on his aggression rather than facilitating IMO.

Personally sticking with my Andre Iguodala comparison for now. Who ran a lot of point forward and was one of the best defender on the GSW championship squads. Was an athletic freak when he was in Philly.

Reaction Score
Scott Burrell was the most athletic husky. Never forget when he leaped ove the defender from Wake Forest at th XL center. 1st round pick in baseball. Outstanding high school quarterback. Had it all.

Reaction Score
Scott Burrell was the most athletic husky. Never forget when he leaped ove the defender from Wake Forest at th XL center. 1st round pick in baseball. Outstanding high school quarterback. Had it all.
Agreed. Once again though we have to mention Caron Butler. He didn't have the childhood many athletes have with all of the structured leagues and personalized coaching. To be as successful given his childhood, that's athleticism.

Reaction Score

Rodney Rogers, anyone at that game couldn't wait to see it again at home after the game. Amazing. He wasn't bad at baseball either!

Reaction Score
Yeah dude.. he never said next year..
I guess you’re new to Uconn basketball and never saw Stanley Robinson aka Sticks play.
look him up. He was pretty good.

I’m not hating on Jackson but let’s get serious. He’s averaging 3 points and 1 assist per game.
but all of a sudden he’s the best Uconn athlete ever and a future top 5 pick next year.
i like his hustle but he’s loose with the ball and he can’t shoot.

Reaction Score
I remember Burrell well. I won't say AJ is more athletic, but he is his equal IMO. Jackson also has better passing/offensive instincts. Jackson is Burrrell with Henefeld passing and a better handle. Nobody ever thought Burrell could be a point guard.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Iono bout best athlete but he’s the best nonchalant passer I’ve ever seen.
he needs to put more zip on his passes and maybe try using both hands.
if you're watching this game, you probably realize just how dumb this comment was

Reaction Score
He has a tendency to one hand bounce passes and I think he needs an extra geometry lesson or two because he always seems to misjudge the angle and leave it a little short...once he figures it out though he could be the best passing guard we've had since marcus
Might wanna retract this “take”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman