"He's the best athlete I've ever seen in person." | The Boneyard

"He's the best athlete I've ever seen in person."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you trying to leave us all wanting a little more? I'll provide it.

The coach may raise a few eyebrows with this assessment of freshman Andre Jackson: “He’s the best athlete I’ve ever seen in person,” Hurley said. “Somebody’s going to put that on Twitter and [James] Bouknight mentioned that to me, but Andre’s the freak of all freaks and I think he’ll eventually be drafted as a point guard.”

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Andre is "The Answer"

Reaction Score
Andre is "The Answer"
1615002894144.png

Reaction Score
Iono bout best athlete but he’s the best nonchalant passer I’ve ever seen.
he needs to put more zip on his passes and maybe try using both hands.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I saw the thread title and wondered if the Brady thread got locked and then rebooted by someone who just wasn't through.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Said Andre will be a triple double machine. And then was trying to verbalize the ways he can do it. Mentioned assists and rebounding first, then he brought up scoring. Then mentioned steals and D.

Jackson is the anti-Polley. And I don't say that disparagingly towards Polley. Polley is a one trick pony with his 3 point shot. But if he isn't scoring from deep, he doesn't impact the game. Jackson's offense right now is almost a by product of just having minutes played. He has to score somehow eventually. But even when he isn't scoring he impacts everything. Hurley mentioned how UConn's defensive numbers have impoved significantly since AJ's return.

Next year AJ can easily be a 12 point, 8 rebound, 6 assist player with a couple of steals and blocks every game. I know his 3 point shot needs massive improvement but his FT shooting form and numbers look solid now. Just be aggressive and take everything as close to the rim as possible.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

The coach may raise a few eyebrows with this assessment of freshman Andre Jackson: “He’s the best athlete I’ve ever seen in person,” Hurley said. “Somebody’s going to put that on Twitter and [James] Bouknight mentioned that to me, but Andre’s the freak of all freaks and I think he’ll eventually be drafted as a point guard.”

finish him video games GIF

Reaction Score
I've been saying this since day 1. He's the best run jump athlete we've ever had and he's a point guard.
I guess you’re new to Uconn basketball and never saw Stanley Robinson aka Sticks play.
look him up. He was pretty good.

I’m not hating on Jackson but let’s get serious. He’s averaging 3 points and 1 assist per game.
but all of a sudden he’s the best Uconn athlete ever and a future top 5 pick next year.
i like his hustle but he’s loose with the ball and he can’t shoot.

Reaction Score
I guess you’re new to Uconn basketball and never saw Stanley Robinson aka Sticks play.
look him up. He was pretty good.

I’m not hating on Jackson but let’s get serious. He’s averaging 3 points and 1 assist per game.
but all of a sudden he’s the best Uconn athlete ever and a future top 5 pick next year.
Just in case your "top 5 pick" was directed at my comment let me be clear hes a long way from the player i described and he may never get there but i never said next year.

Reaction Score
Said Andre will be a triple double machine. And then was trying to verbalize the ways he can do it. Mentioned assists and rebounding first, then he brought up scoring. Then mentioned steals and D.

Jackson is the anti-Polley. And I don't say that disparagingly towards Polley. Polley is a one trick pony with his 3 point shot. But if he isn't scoring from deep, he doesn't impact the game. Jackson's offense right now is almost a by product of just having minutes played. He has to score somehow eventually. But even when he isn't scoring he impacts everything. Hurley mentioned how UConn's defensive numbers have impoved significantly since AJ's return.

Next year AJ can easily be a 12 point, 8 rebound, 6 assist player with a couple of steals and blocks every game. I know his 3 point shot needs massive improvement but his FT shooting form and numbers look solid now. Just be aggressive and take everything as close to the rim as possible.
IMO. Once DH green lights Andre with the ball in his hands ,which will be next year, he will display Bouk-like finishing skills in breaking down the defender when going to the hoop. He was a ball dominant scorer in HS and is comfortable with the ball in his hands and I can see him being utilized more in that way once Bouk has moved on.

He needs to be surrounded by players who can adjust to his passing excellence and court vision by being ready to catch his passes. At the next level that will not be an issue--at the college level its more of a challenge..BTW.Not saying DH is going to take the ball out of his PGs hands in deference to AJ but more in a secondary role as a ball handler(ala Bouk).

I expect his shooting form to improve this offseason with a full summer of skill development and more SnC. His ability to score is not in question but rather an improvement in form for a more predictable jump shot for his future at the next level. Maybe RJ and JHawk can help him with that..Very bright future.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

It's acknowledged that the top of the draft predictions are dependent on him developing his shot.
If he does he will be a Cade Cunningham type of prospect, AKA the top pick in the draft. He already has the passing skills, I don't care what your assist stats say.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

His vision and passing is something we haven’t had since, idk Marcus Williams?? I can see him as a point guard or a point forward

Reaction Score
With his athleticism and size if he ever develops a consistent jumpshot and starts beating guys off the dribble with all his other skills he could play himself into the #1 pick in the draft ISYN!
Remember Ason Kidd?

Reaction Score
He can pass, has excellent vision. The athleticism is beyond obvious and ceiling high. He can defend already could eventually be special on that end. He can rebound in traffic as he beats people to the ball off the rim reads the carom real well.

He will need to find at least a mid range game to be the guy we hope he can be. Right now I see a guy who can create but if not an open lane can’t stop and pop for now and isn’t being respectfully guarded on the perimeter for now. Teams will offer him to shoot before they don’t sag on Bouk, RJ or Polley. He could get to being the real deal but there’s lots of work to do. Having said that we’re lucky to have this kid as a Husky.

Reaction Score
Iono bout best athlete but he’s the best nonchalant passer I’ve ever seen.
he needs to put more zip on his passes and maybe try using both hands.
Burt how many of his passes get intercepted or deflected? Very few if any. His passes are always catchable passes, not landing at someones feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom