Hero Sports: UConn game by game predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hero Sports: UConn game by game predictions

Reaction Score
No offense taken - if they can’t win 6 games it’s a disappointment. I know the bar is low. I wouldn’t be surprised if they won 1 game either. Just pointing out the schedule is weak and if they are simply bad they should win 5 games.

This is my take as well. I don't really care how few games this team has won over the past 3 years. Its year four for this staff and these are all their recruits. It is not asking for a miracle for this team to go 4-1 against a home schedule of Umass, ODU, Maine, MTSU, and Liberty. That's an FCS Program and 4 bottom of the barrel G5 Schools. That leaves Army and IU at home, with SJSU, IL, UNC, UVA, and Ole Miss on the road to get 1 more win. Maybe they shock the world and knock off one of the beatable P5 Programs as well. Lets be honest, if ever there was a time for the program to start digging itself out of its hole, this is the schedule you can do it against.

Reaction Score
I sort of agree with you and I think that is very much on purpose. This schedule reminds me of the early 2000s schedules. Not loaded with big names but enough to keep interest. But lots of games against teams where you have a shot. Frank Beamer used to call it schedulining for success and he did it rebuilding the VaTech program.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is the one year we can get away with scheduling for success. It's vital that Randy takes advantage.

Reaction Score
I think this years team success will come down to Zergiotis or Krejewski keeping the ball moving on defense. The run game will absolutely be there this year but we’ll need the QB to make some plays with his arm

Reaction Score
I see five winnable games off the bat...

UMass and Maine should be inked-in wins.

Indiana, last year, did not beat a .500 team.

ODU went 1-11.

Army had 3 Div. I wins.....UMass, Texas San Antonio and over 3 win Rice.

The rest of the schedule, I maybe would not put money on for a straight up win. But not saying a win could not be picked up.

Reaction Score
Our standards of success are so low it’s ridiculous. It’s amazing that consensus is 4 wins this year after 3 miserable seasons buys him another year. That said, the team actually started playing football in spots last year and was improved.

Reaction Score
I think this years team success will come down to Zergiotis or Krejewski keeping the ball moving on defense. The run game will absolutely be there this year but we’ll need the QB to make some plays with his arm

Lots of changes upfront, until we see how the oline performs, I’m not sure the run game will be there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Our standards of success are so low it’s ridiculous. It’s amazing that consensus is 4 wins this year after 3 miserable seasons buys him another year.
It's actually 5 but I think folks are just dipping their toes in the water at this point.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Our standards of success are so low it’s ridiculous. It’s amazing that consensus is 4 wins this year after 3 miserable seasons buys him another year. That said, the team actually started playing football in spots last year and was improved.
Mmm, I think four wins would be the absolute floor and it wouldn’t guarantee him of anything. For four winds to be enough, it would depend on the opponents in the nature of those winds and how competitive we were in another games.

Look, college football programs are more like supertanker, than a speedboat. It takes a long while change direction. But Randy has reached the point where he has to show us, something.

Reaction Score
Mmm, I think four wins would be the absolute floor and it wouldn’t guarantee him of anything. For four winds to be enough, it would depend on the opponents in the nature of those winds and how competitive we were in another games.

Look, college football programs are more like supertanker, than a speedboat. It takes a long while change direction. But Randy has reached the point where he has to show us, something.
Too rational a response.

Reaction Score
I suspect Edsall has 5 years hell or high water. Even if he goes 2-10 again but I don’t expect that. I think we show progress this year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I suspect Edsall has 5 years hell or high water. Even if he goes 2-10 again but I don’t expect that. I think we show progress this year.
That might be the case. I don't want to get too hung up on a number. We need wins but if we lose a couple tough ones and are still improving below 5 might still do.

Reaction Score
OT...but I just found out that former Darien star TE Tom O'Malley passed at 54 in Norwalk....way too young...

Reaction Score
Temple had lost their coach for the Bowl game. It does matter. Virginia lost a good QB to graduation.
Rod Carey coached Temple in the Bowl Game against UNC. He was the coach all year. They lost Geoff Collins the year before and before the Independence Bowl against Dook.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom