Hero Sports: UConn game by game predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hero Sports: UConn game by game predictions

Reaction Score
Five wins against that schedule should not be asking much and wouldn’t even require a ton of improvement from last year. There are some truly horrendous teams in that schedule, and I understand we are terrible too - but those are winnable.

Reaction Score
That is kind of my mind set also. Better QB play, even if it isn't huge change, and an improved defensive backfield play would make a huge difference. Last year our DB's seldom ever looked back for the ball. Move your head and you could probably cut the TD's in half. A little tongue in cheek in the last part of that sentence.

Reaction Score
I’ve heard the NC QB will be the starter first game. Looking forward to seeing what he’s got.
hopefully the team is back July 1st.. plenty of time to get this team together ..
Getting someone to clearly beat out the other guys at QB would be really good. Having a kid that has yet to play a down, was a two year walk on at NC State who never played there and was injured last year beat out "IT" and Steven Krajewski means either he is really good without having any college game experience, the other two kids from last year aren't nearly good enough or HCRE2.0 is not very good at picking amongst potential QB choices.

Looked up Micah on Max Prep and he was 2881 ranked nationally and 193 within Florida while Steven Krajewski was ranked 56 nationally and 3 in Georgia. I'm getting Johnny Mac vs. Nebrich vibes.

Reaction Score
Getting someone to clearly beat out the other guys at QB would be really good. Having a kid that has yet to play a down, was a two year walk on at NC State who never played there and was injured last year beat out "IT" and Steven Krajewski means either he is really good without having any college game experience, the other two kids from last year aren't nearly good enough or HCRE2.0 is not very good at picking amongst potential QB choices.

Looked up Micah on Max Prep and he was 2881 ranked nationally and 193 within Florida while Steven Krajewski was ranked 56 nationally and 3 in Georgia. I'm getting Johnny Mac vs. Nebrich vibes.
quarterback is absolutely a concern. I thought that at times Zergiotis looked like he had potential and at times he looked like a pretty raw true freshman. Krajewski looked decent in his 1 game but the fact that he couldn’t beat out Beaudry or Z raises concerns when A he was heir apparent and B Beaudry was what he was. My sense was Edsall kept waiting for him to take the job and he never did. On Leon I have the same concerns you do. If we get solid about play I think there are potentially 6 wins out there. Excellent play and maybe we shock someone. Otherwise maybe 3.

Reaction Score
Yep, as in the difference between 'Syracuse' Pasqualoni and 'Connecticut' Pasqualoni.
This made me chuckle. Why? Because Paul would absolutely agree with it.

Makes you wonder about paying coaches big money. What was Rich Rod without Pat White? Charlie Strong without Lamar Jackson? Gene Chizek without Cam.

The lists are endless. Syracuse was top 15 with McNabb. Wh

Reaction Score
Krajewski looked decent in his 1 game but the fact that he couldn’t beat out Beaudry or Z raises concerns when A he was heir apparent and B Beaudry was what he was. My sense was Edsall kept waiting for him to take the job and he never did.

I have no confidence in Edsall to pick the best QB. Edsall would start Ryan Leaf ahead of Payton Manning.

Reaction Score
Charlie Strong without Lamar Jackson?

Charlie Strong with Teddy Bridgewater got beat at home by PP and Scott McCummings. UCONN did have an excellent Don Brown defense at the time.

Don Brown probably wanted the Head Coaching job in 2013 but somehow UCONN was too good for Don Brown at the time. We wanted someone young who looked good in pants. Head bang

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don Brown didn’t get the Yale job at the time either. He was successful at UMass. Who knows. Loved that guys passion and as bad as the PP years were , the defense was exciting.

Reaction Score
We know who you would want to start. Whoever was number 2 on the depth chart. Unless he did become the starter. Then you’d start the guy he replaced.
In fairness, its a symptom of a struggling program that can’t produce an offense. IMO Shane Stafford is the best we ever had besides DanO and would better than every QB we’ve had since. Just not getting it done at that position.

Reaction Score
I see three wins as the floor and five wins as the ceiling. All road games are toast...

Reaction Score
In fairness, its a symptom of a struggling program that can’t produce an offense. IMO Shane Stafford is the best we ever had besides DanO and would better than every QB we’ve had since. Just not getting it done at that position.
When I see some of the qbs coming out of the MAC and the Sunbelt I have to admit I don’t get why we have had such a difficult time finding a quarterback. Not just under Edsall but Diaco and Pasqualoni whiffed too. P not so much in finding them but in developing/using them properly.

Reaction Score
10 years ago with this schedule we could have went undefeated

2020-Can we do better that 2 wins. YES

2020 Should we win 6 games YES

2020 Reality IMO 3-4 win season

Reaction Score
10 years ago with this schedule we could have went undefeated

2020-Can we do better that 2 wins. YES

2020 Should we win 6 games YES

2020 Reality IMO 3-4 win season

I don’t know there are some really really bad teams on the schedule (and I understand they are saying the same about UCONN). Less than 6 wins is a pretty bad failure.

Reaction Score
I don’t know there are some really really bad teams on the schedule (and I understand they are saying the same about UCONN). Less than 6 wins is a pretty bad failure.
I think 6 wins is possible but less is likely. I don’t really like predicting wins and losses this early. Too many unknowns all around but I would say 6 of the home games are winnable. Indiana will be a huge stretch. Doesnt mean we will win all 6 but we could. On the road I think Illinois is the most likely upset but I don’t have high regard for ACC teams not named Clemson so an upset at Virginia or UNC while unlikely would be my second picks 2a and 2b after the Illini. I think getting a little momentum but that will be tough the way this schedule lays out.

Reaction Score
UNC is not a game that I think that UConn will win....The Husky DB's will be tested.

Last year the Heels played Sam Howell, a true freshman quarterback. He now has games at college speed under his belt.

And by the end of the season he was clicking well enough to beat Temple 55-13 in the bowl. Temple couldn't stop the passing game...UNC completed 73.5% for 294 yards. The game before that, UNC beat NC State by 31 points with Howell throwing for 401 yards.

Reaction Score
Not saying they’ll win that game. Just that of the road games ACC teams are the most likely. As a rule it is a badly overrated league based on the performance of a single team. Much like the Big East in basketball. Without Villanova it is a first weekend league. Without Clemson the ACC is the best basketball league in college football.

Reaction Score
Maybe...but Temple, who smashed UConn last year, was in turn annihilated by UNC...

Illinois has played UNC twice in the last five seasons and lost by an average of 29.5 points.

Virginia won 9 games last year...

I see a rough road schedule ahead.

Reaction Score
Maybe...but Temple, who smashed UConn last year, was in turn annihilated by UNC...

Illinois has played UNC twice in the last five seasons and lost by an average of 29.5 points.

Temple had lost their coach for the Bowl game. It does matter. Virginia lost a good QB to graduation.

Reaction Score
Temple had lost their coach for the Bowl game. It does matter. Virginia lost a good QB to graduation.

True that Va.'s Bryce Perkins is off to the NFL...but Armstrong is experienced having backed up in seven games.

Yeah...Temple was led by their Assistant Head Coach at the bowl...but the losing by more than 40 points is much more due to a talent variance. Temple just could not defend the pass nor the run...the same RB that averaged 6.1 yards a carry against Temple will be back.

I just don't see the Huskies winning this one.....keeping it within 14? Maybe.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I don’t disagree in the least. I

I don’t disagree at all. I think road wins will be exceptionally tough. I was just trying to give my early view of where we have the best chance of sneaking out a win. But as I say it is way too early to pick specific games. Virginia last there quarterback to graduation. Who replaces him? That’s one example. And as a general rule I think the ACC is the weakest of the P5 so if you are going to steal a game that is a likely place to do as opposed to, say the SEC. Doesn’t mean I think it is likely. Just more likely than the others.

Reaction Score
No offense but kind of a stupid post. If this team can win 4 or 5 games it would be a tremendous improvement.

Reaction Score
No offense but kind of a stupid post. If this team can win 4 or 5 games it would be a tremendous improvement.

No offense taken - if they can’t win 6 games it’s a disappointment. I know the bar is low. I wouldn’t be surprised if they won 1 game either. Just pointing out the schedule is weak and if they are simply bad they should win 5 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom