Herm Edwards to Arizona State | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Herm Edwards to Arizona State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
College sports are built for authoritarian coaches to succeed (Saban, Harbaugh, Meyer). Give him 2 years ASU will be competing for PAC12 titles.

Reaction Score
College sports are built for authoritarian coaches to succeed (Saban, Harbaugh, Meyer). Give him 2 years ASU will be competing for PAC12 titles.

He is not an authoritarian coach. Nor is he a good coach.

Reaction Score
Dammit, my kid is probably going there next year. Now she’s going to know football pain. Just like her father.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If in the interview your candidate is proposing to reinvent what works just stand up thank them for their time and move onto the next coach on your list.

It’s really that simple.

Recruit good players, coach them well, design a competent scheme.

That’s the whole thing.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He is working at ESPN the rest of the week because priorities.

He's not even a good ESPN talking head. If you can't figure that out, good luck running a program

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Gotta be the best motivational speaker I’ve ever metro heard ( not saying it’s gonna translate to coaching) genuinely nice guy met him at a cigar shop in southington wish him well

Reaction Score
This is a really strange one. He was terrible with the Jets, has zero college experience. Be one to watch I guess. I wonder if he has learned how the clock works? He had memorable clock management issues with the Jets if I remember correctly

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I don't get all of the hate for Herm Edwards. A) He is NOT a bad coach. He led my Jets to the playoffs pretty much every other year he was there.
B) He is a good motivational speaker
C) and a lot of high school kids will recognize him so that is good for recruiting.

Reaction Score
I don't get all of the hate for Herm Edwards. A) He is NOT a bad coach. He led my Jets to the playoffs pretty much every other year he was there.
C) and a lot of high school kids will recognize him so that is good for recruiting.

Yeah he definitely is a good coach, and everything else you mentioned. I was upset when the Jets let him go. I believe he was/is well involved with the high school kids, especially the top kids in the country. He’s coached the the Under Armor All American game a couple times, so that should help him with recruiting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

They hired a 63 year old man who hasn’t coached in a decade. He hasn’t been on a college staff since 1989.

When you listen to him talk he’s in a Diaco-like alternate universe.

They can’t even coherently communicate this plan to run the program like an NFL franchise.

This one is going to be a full fledged tire fire.

There is no argument on the planet that he is more qualified for this job than Graham.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I heard Golic and Wingo trying to make these points, that because he was given the fictional coaching job in the underarmor games, he would be able to recruit elite talent. Those kids are not going to be dropped in your lap. And that high school kids spend hours a day watching ESPN nfl shows where he never offered anything of substance.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
They hired a 63 year old man who hasn’t coached in a decade. He hasn’t been on a college staff since 1989.

When you listen to him talk he’s in a Diaco-like alternate universe.

They can’t even coherently communicate this plan to run the program like an NFL franchise.

This one is going to be a full fledged tire fire.

There is no argument on the planet that he is more qualified for this job than Graham.

I agree with you on Edwards, but do not glorify Graham. He is a terrible coach and a worse person...it is uncanny ASU fired him and managed to find someone even less qualified.

Reaction Score
Did they let Graham coach the Bowl game? Could've sworn he was on the sidelines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom