Here's to coaching | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Here's to coaching

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Edsalls legacy at UConn will always be a super interesting conversation. It’ll be interesting to see where the public perception is in 20 years. Someone will have to usurp him as the best coach in our history, otherwise Edsall 2.0 will likely be forgiven and brushed over.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Edsalls legacy at UConn will always be a super interesting conversation. It’ll be interesting to see where the public perception is in 20 years. Someone will have to usurp him as the best coach in our history, otherwise Edsall 2.0 will likely be forgiven and brushed over.
Hopefully that's a dead argument in five years. "Remember when we were mediocre?" is a sad high water mark.

Reaction Score
I saw Edsall jogging around campus in August 2021 right before the season started. I knew we were screwed. He looked old, skinney and clueless. Being a long time UConn football fan he was an uninspiring shell of a modern day coach. Why clueless? His inability to adjust to a changing environment. Transfers? You talking transfers?! His don't question me attitude. Always an excuse. Wait till next year! We are young.
One has to laugh. In a good thread that fairly analyzes and assumes what went wrong with Edsall2, we need one person who is so much smarter than everyone else that he can tell it won’t work from watching Edsall go jogging.

If we were just all that smart.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
One has to laugh. In a good thread that fairly analyzes and assumes what went wrong with Edsall2, we need one person who is so much smarter than everyone else that he can tell it won’t work from watching Edsall go jogging.

If we were just all that smart.
Or what went wrong with Edsall at Maryland. He had a very good football mind, but was not a good recruiter, did not get along with some of the players, didn’t have the personality for it. A captain of a ship needs to command respect and I don’t think he ever did, in a collective sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom