Here's Geno's Press Availability | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Here's Geno's Press Availability

Reaction Score
Here is the frustrating thing for me.

I own a restaurant in Syracuse, NY. We're having a bad COVID outbreak right now. One of my employees entire family got Covid, he was negative, so he quarantined away from them. After 8 days, his results were negative and they had tested out. They're all back to their lives.

A restaurant down the street had 19 employees test positive, they closed for 10 days, and some of the employees got it, tested out of it within 6 days and are back to their lives.

I understand the need to be cautious, but 14 days seems more than EXCESSIVE to me. IMO, there is 0 reason that that the Louisville game should've been cancelled.

Reaction Score
In the medical and public health realm when we speak of prevention we do not mean zero risk. Viruses occupy space in-between people too; not only on people. For example, moving into a space where an infected person were a few minutes earlier may just be enough. Two days ago I was at home doing some writing when my doorbell rang-- I opened-up and it was a special delivery person with a package for which I needed to sign-off. He wasn't wearing a mask, etc. and it was not until he walked through my gate that I became conscious of it-- 'wow', he was not wearing a mask-- the law here is quite clear about these matters. My point: do all you can knowing that even that is not always enough.

Reaction Score
Here is the frustrating thing for me.

I own a restaurant in Syracuse, NY. We're having a bad COVID outbreak right now. One of my employees entire family got Covid, he was negative, so he quarantined away from them. After 8 days, his results were negative and they had tested out. They're all back to their lives.

A restaurant down the street had 19 employees test positive, they closed for 10 days, and some of the employees got it, tested out of it within 6 days and are back to their lives.

I understand the need to be cautious, but 14 days seems more than EXCESSIVE to me. IMO, there is 0 reason that that the Louisville game should've been cancelled.
The CDC apparently agrees with you! From what I understand the 14 days was because if after 14 days no symptoms occurred and there wasn’t a positive test, you were basically assured you didn’t catch it from the exposure. Seems like now they’re realizing testing is key and figuring a shorter quarantine with adequate testing will be enough. Might not change the UConn situation, but it might prevent other future games from being cancelled so that’s a plus. Still, I hope everyone is cautious and safe because safety is still the number one priority.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's important that we try to reschedule some of these games. There is a 13 game minimum required to qualify for the tourney this year I believe, and games against lower schools do not count towards meeting that minimum though I think that's more a problem for the Baylors of the world than UConn.

Reaction Score
Just don’t understand how it was us, but not a school down south like SC or Mississippi State where they don’t have any restrictions.

Reaction Score
Just don’t understand how it was us, but not a school down south like SC or Mississippi State where they don’t have any restrictions.
Might be the cooler weather up north....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom