Here we go...game thread UConn vs ND | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Here we go...game thread UConn vs ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They were a rebound away from the win. But great effort by the Huskies. Notre Dame is the better team this year.

Reaction Score
I hate Notre Dame, I don't care who they play I just hope they lose

Reaction Score
Well, I have to be happy, I guess. All year long I didn't think they'd get to the Final Four and near the end of the season, I said "I'll be happy if they get to the Final Four because I now think they can," and they did. A lot of growing pains along the way and putting us in great position for next year. GREAT learning experience for the freshmen and we are poised to go even further next year.

We are NOT a good overtime team, but really, how often do we ever have experience in overtime?

I hope Baylor (or maybe even Stanford) just KILLS ND.

Reaction Score
Sad ending to Tiff's career. UConn almost stole the game in Reg Time. One offensive Rebound from making the Championship game. Geno had a small lineup in which favored ND on rebounds.
The refs should have called a charge on Diggins which resulted in Novosel's putback. The game would have ended in regulation with a UConn wind if that had been called. But, the refs suck all the time. Nothing new there, no point placing the blame on them. We didn't make the shots in overtime we needed to make, some key turnovers and two killer threes by Mallory.

I am so sad 1) that we lost and 2) that I have to watch nd again on Tuesday night. If they win the NC, I just might puke.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The refs should have called a charge on Diggins which resulted in Novosel's putback. The game would have been in regulation if that had been called. But, the refs suck all the time. Nothing new there, no point placing the blame on them. We didn't make the shots in overtime we needed to make, some key turnovers and two killer threes by Mallory.

I am so sad 1) that we lost and 2) that I have to watch nd again on Tuesday night. If they win the NC, I just might puke.
Exactly that was the non-call that cost the game. In this case quite accurately and literally. Should have been our ball out of bounds and the game over. It would even have been better for us if they had called the foul on us and forced SDig to make two from the line.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Didn't we have a band at the game ? How come all I heard was the ND fight song ?

Reaction Score
They were a rebound away from the win. But great effort by the Huskies. Notre Dame is the better team this year.
I don't really think they are. Take away the benefit of the calls (and they do get the benefit of the calls), and know that in regulation we tied them even with that benefit, and they are not the better team. Good, yes. Equal, maybe. But not better.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly that was the non call that cost the game. Should have been our ball out of bounds and the game over.

The woman ref had no intention of calling a foul that would cost ND the game

Reaction Score
I wish Tiff had wanted the shot at the close of regulation. To end regulation without a shot hurts.

Reaction Score
Didn't we have a band at the game ? How come all I heard was the ND fight song ?

I thought the same thing. We did have our band there. The only problem was that ESPN showed the ND band at every time out!! I was starting to get nauseous

Reaction Score
We did. And sad to say, they will be flying right back home. Daughter was in the 2001 pep band when they lost to ND and she hated that trip. ND fans were obnoxious to them too. Another reason I hate them.

Reaction Score
I don't really think they are. Take away the benefit of the calls (and they do get the benefit of the calls), and know that in regulation we tied them even with that benefit, and they are not the better team. Good, yes. Equal, maybe. But not better.

Honestly I thought there were bad calls (and no-calls) both ways. I don't think you can blame the refs for this one.

Reaction Score
Another tough game against a pretty cocky Lady Irish team. Wow. But they have our number and now a nice rivalry has been born. Kind of reminds me of when folks were hyping Rutgers a few years ago. Oh well. Game on.

Go, Huskies. Great run, ladies. We will get them next year.

Reaction Score
The refs should have called a charge on Diggins which resulted in Novosel's putback. The game would have been in regulation if that had been called. But, the refs suck all the time. Nothing new there, no point placing the blame on them. We didn't make the shots in overtime we needed to make, some key turnovers and two killer threes by Mallory.

Backdraft starring Kurt Russell and Alec Baldwin on AMC! :p

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Diggins can enjoy it for now. I think we will crush them next year. We lose 1 and bring in 3 Blue Chippers and everyone returning will get better.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
She made multiple key plays down the game, including THE block that changed it all.
True, but while still in regulation, don't you think it's just a little over the top for a supposedly unbiased analyst to say "Skylar, this is your destiny"!??? Are you friggin' serious???

This was just moments before Kelly stole the ball from her, got fouled by her and made the foul shots to put UConn up by two w/11 seconds left. Skylar "Destiny" Diggins then drives the length of the court and clearly charges into CD for a no call. That should have ended the game on a Diggins foul and no OT!

Reaction Score
I am not going to complain about the refs. When they choose to call a game like that you can pick any play and criticize about it. Congrats to UCONN & even congrats to ND. They made their shots and Diggins' block was a big time play.

However.....I thought it was another "classy" move on Diggins' part to run up to her coach and act like an over zealous kid who just got her first bike. I understand emotions play a big part BUT you would never see a UCONN player do that near the end of the game.

GO UCONN!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman