Here is what you need to know about New Hampshire | The Boneyard

Here is what you need to know about New Hampshire

Reaction Score
I'll be quick and too the point

1. Don't put them at the line - this New Hampshire team has converted at a very efficient rate 62.5% clip from the free throw line this season. When their not fouled, they only shoot 38% from the floor. In other words, there called free throws for a reason. If you foul them, they'll make you pay.

2. This is a very tall team - while the average American male is only about 5 foot 10, the average Wildcat stands in at over 6 foot 3 inches tall. I know this seems obvious, but please try to remember during Saturdays match that we've given these young men scholarships for a reason. Points can be hard too come by.

3. This is a second half team - I saw these boys fall behind 56-29 at halftime in Amherst the other day, only too see them come roaring back and play to a virtual standstill in the second half. Its a resilient bunch that won't go away.

4. If you fall behind, they'll bury you - file under "things Rivier and Mount St. Vincent found out the hard way." Those schools found themselfs staring at a early deficit only too see it grow wider and wider. UNH has won there games by a average margin of 46.5 points, so if you lose, it will likely be ugly.

Truth be told, this is not a vintage Bill Herrion team...yet. Were still trying to replace Jaleen Smith and Tanner Leissner, both of who played a large role in the programs renaissance.

Not that anyone will ever take us lightly again after the famous Temple game a couple years ago, but right now were in a transition faze, adjusting to life as the hunted. I'd be lieing if I said I expected to go into Hartford and win - were a better team at home. Just don't be surprised if this Cats team makes you work for it!

Your welcome to ask any other questions you may have. Hears hoping to a healthy match this weekend between these long-time rivals!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

1. Don't put them at the line - this New Hampshire team has converted at a very efficient rate 62.5% clip from the free throw line this season. When their not fouled, they only shoot 38% from the floor. In other words, there called free throws for a reason. If you foul them, they'll make you pay.

UNH is one of the worst free throw shooting teams in the country. 63.4% is 278 out of 351.

2. This is a very tall team - while the average American male is only about 5 foot 10, the average Wildcat stands in at over 6 foot 3 inches tall. I know this seems obvious, but please try to remember during Saturdays match that we've given these young men scholarships for a reason. Points can be hard too come by.

With an average height of 76.2 inches, UNH is one of the shortest teams in the country. They're 271st out of 351 teams in height.

I mean, other than that, you nailed the analysis.

Reaction Score
UNH is one of the worst free throw shooting teams in the country. 63.4% is 278 out of 351.

With an average height of 76.2 inches, UNH is one of the shortest teams in the country. They're 271st out of 351 teams in height.

I mean, other than that, you nailed the analysis.
thatsthejoke.jpg

Reaction Score

3. This is a second half team - I saw these boys fall behind 56-29 at halftime in Amherst the other day, only too see them come roaring back and play to a virtual standstill in the second half. Its a resilient bunch that won't go away.

4. If you fall behind, they'll bury you - file under "things Rivier and Mount St. Vincent found out the hard way." Those schools found themselfs staring at a early deficit only too see it grow wider and wider. UNH has won there games by a average margin of 46.5 points, so if you lose, it will likely be ugly.

Truth be told, this is not a vintage Bill Herrion team...yet. Were still trying to replace Jaleen Smith and Tanner Leissner, both of who played a large role in the programs renaissance.

Not that anyone will ever take us lightly again after the famous Temple game a couple years ago, but right now were in a transition faze, adjusting to life as the hunted. I'd be lieing if I said I expected to go into Hartford and win - were a better team at home. Just don't be surprised if this Cats team makes you work for it!

Your welcome to ask any other questions you may have. Hears hoping to a healthy match this weekend between these long-time rivals!

God I remember that Temple game. What a night. Is Gampel doing a white-out or something for this one? Rare that you get such a vintage grudge match this early in the season. We'll really see what Hurley's done with this crew now.

Reaction Score
UMass beat UNH by 29 and American beat UNH by 24. Anything less than a 25 point win by UConn will be a disappointment

pj

Reaction Score
UMass beat UNH by 29 and American beat UNH by 24. Anything less than a 25 point win by UConn will be a disappointment

Kenpom projects UConn winning by 23 plus home court margin, and Kenpom is underrating UConn right now. Kenpom projects us beating UMass by 6 and American by 10.

Reaction Score
UNH has some CT boys ... Nick Guadarrama (Newington) and Mark Carbone (East Catholic). Both can ball and are nice young men. Hard to root against ... if they were playing any other team ;)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This was hysterical. Message board bros generally don’t catch sarcasm and satire though.

The misspellings were clearly intentional. His inconsistency gave him away.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"The joke"
Miles and miles and miles
You.
Ha haaaaa. As I was still scratching my head about the free throw % the bit about them being a 2nd half team sealed the seriousness...or lack of.

Reaction Score
I knew it was a joke only because New Hampshire doesn't have basketball fans.

Reaction Score
God I remember that Temple game. What a night. Is Gampel doing a white-out or something for this one? Rare that you get such a vintage grudge match this early in the season. We'll really see what Hurley's done with this crew now.

Games in Hartford. Last time UNH almost sold Gampel out and that was on a tuesday. Saturday after noon, larger venue required for opponent with three 20 win season's in last four years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom