Here is a new one | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Here is a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
You do realize that you are debating with a cat with tin foil hat, don't you? That's pretty much the definition of "looking foolish."

OK, you got me there!

pj

Reaction Score
The reason for expansion is that if you want to cut out the ESPN middleman who makes $5 bn a year, you need sufficient inventory to stock your own network. Inventory means more times.

The Pac 12 is stuck because the available teams in their region don't add value or markets. They're better of as Pac 12 with ESPN/Fox than as Pac 16/18 with their own network if they have to add weak teams.

So they have to raid the B12/ACC/Big East if they want to really make the big bucks -- moving up from the $25 mn/yr to $40 mn/yr area that the B1G and SEC are reaching.

I'm sure their top choice would be Texlahoma, but they tried that and failed. Maybe they can succeed next time, but now there's a GoR to contend with. Northeast schools are available, especially if the ACC splinters.

It seems like it doesn't make sense, but lots of things about realignment don't make sense, like WVU leaving Pitt to join the B12, or the ACC taking Louisville over UConn.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
2) They are basically against Boise due to academics however I'm sure they would bend in a pinch. Apparently they also are not in tight with BYU also. And I'm not sure if they could swallow their pride enough to welcome in the likes of Fresno State, SJSU, etc. Basically leaves them Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming.

My buddy is a UDub grad and he doesn't consider us schooling them in basketball as mattering. Would be nice to beat them in a conference football game. ;) I'll add that to the pipe dream basket.

If by "in a pinch" you mean, there are no other schools on earth...then maybe they would consider Boise. BYU, Nevada and New Mexico would be far ahead of Boise. As would Kansas and K-State (which are contiguous to Colorado). I also don't see UCLA and Cal wanting to let any of the Cal States in.

There is no way they are coming all the way east. But that doesn't mean they don't want to raise their profile with the media...and the potential audience, which is mostly in the east.

Reaction Score
Someone on the wv board is claiming when the ACC is blown up, Uconn; syr; pitt and bc will end up in the Pac 10. Says their new office in NY is evidence that they want an eastern presence. But then they say that the Big 10 will keep a spot for ND after picking thru the acc, but ND might want to stay with the NE schools in which case they would take the Pac 10 spot from who else, uconn. But then when that happens the Big 10 would offer Uconn ND's spot. Thoughts? And please dont shoot the messenger!

Whole new dimensions of stupid in this………….

Reaction Score
Its a crazy idea but I personally like it. Of course it would be contingent on the ACC getting torn apart by the SEC and B1G. Why should the PAC12 sit around and do nothing while these other conferences expand? They should go all in and create an eastern division with whats left of the ACC and BE. UConn, Cuse, BC, Pitt, WF, Miami, USF, Louisville, GT, and some others who I can't think of off the top of my head. Have a championship game alternate years between the Rose Bowl and Metlife or Yankee Stadium. Seems like a gold mine to me from a network perspective that can have tons of programing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom