Here is a new one | The Boneyard

Here is a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone on the wv board is claiming when the ACC is blown up, Uconn; syr; pitt and bc will end up in the Pac 10. Says their new office in NY is evidence that they want an eastern presence. But then they say that the Big 10 will keep a spot for ND after picking thru the acc, but ND might want to stay with the NE schools in which case they would take the Pac 10 spot from who else, uconn. But then when that happens the Big 10 would offer Uconn ND's spot. Thoughts? And please dont shoot the messenger!

Reaction Score
From now on I think the ultimate put down on this board in flaming battles is " oh yeah well you believe MHVER3"

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Thoughts? I love it! My Pac12 dream from a few months ago may come true after all...:)

pj

Reaction Score
Pac 16 eastern pod and B1G are both great destinations. Sign me up.

Reaction Score
If SDSU can be in the Big East, why can't UConn be in the PAC 12? Oh wait...

I dont know. Maybe someone can answer these:

1) Why did the Pac 12 open shop in NY?
2) If the superconferences expand, what is the Pac 12 going to do, stand still? I imagine not, then who the heck are they going to add?

pj

Reaction Score
Maybe the Pac 12 has hired media consultants who have pointed out that the NY media market is quite a bit larger than the Reno or Boise or Albuquerque markets. Where are they going to go? If Texas and Oklahoma won't move, they have to offer ACC or Big East schools, or stay a 12 team conference. But these networks they're building need a lot of inventory, so they may need a 16 team league (or larger).

pj

Reaction Score
The other consideration is that the Pac 12's historic rival is the B1G. If they go east they can open up an eastern front; they would have the B1G surrounded. And UConn brings a navy. That might just be crucial for our case.

Reaction Score
The other consideration is that the Pac 12's historic rival is the B1G. If they go east they can open up an eastern front; they would have the B1G surrounded. And UConn brings a navy. That might just be crucial for our case.

If nothing else we can surround them with Warde

Reaction Score

Sounds like the new Revenue Officer doesn't want to relocate ;)

"Mr. Cella will be based in a new New York office for Pac-12 Enterprises and will also be working from the West Coast. Pac-12 Enterprises is now based in Walnut Creek, Calif., and is building a facility in downtown San Francisco, Mr. Stevenson said. After leaving Magna Global in early 2008, Mr. Cella had been running his own company, the Cella Group, in New York. He is closing it to join Pac-12 Enterprises."

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.c...conference-hires-a-veteran-of-media-agencies/

Reaction Score
Someone on the wv board is claiming when the ACC is blown up, Uconn; syr; pitt and bc will end up in the Pac 10. Says their new office in NY is evidence that they want an eastern presence. But then they say that the Big 10 will keep a spot for ND after picking thru the acc, but ND might want to stay with the NE schools in which case they would take the Pac 10 spot from who else, uconn. But then when that happens the Big 10 would offer Uconn ND's spot. Thoughts? And please dont shoot the messenger!
after reading this, I am now for assault weapons ban.

Reaction Score

No. Just no. When you quote Sports Illustrated, or the Courant, you get to say "please don't shoot the messenter." When you just repeat unfounded and unsourced rumours that are just dumb, then by all means the messenger who does so should be shot. And knows that when they post.

Reaction Score
No. Just no. When you quote Sports Illustrated, or the Courant, you get to say "please don't shoot the messenter." When you just repeat unfounded and unsourced rumours that are just dumb, then by all means the messenger who does so should be shot. And knows that when they post.

OK messenter shooter. Maybe you can show us how smart you are by answering my two questions instead of calling it just dumb

Reaction Score

2) If the superconferences expand, what is the Pac 12 going to do, stand still? I imagine not, then who the heck are they going to add?

1) Is the guy NYC based? They might have given him concessions if he is good enough and he is an East Coast guy willing to go out West a few days a month. Also, might be better equipped for media negotiations and communication from NYC.
2) They are basically against Boise due to academics however I'm sure they would bend in a pinch. Apparently they also are not in tight with BYU also. And I'm not sure if they could swallow their pride enough to welcome in the likes of Fresno State, SJSU, etc. Basically leaves them Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming.

My buddy is a UDub grad and he doesn't consider us schooling them in basketball as mattering. Would be nice to beat them in a conference football game. ;) I'll add that to the pipe dream basket.

Reaction Score
1) Is the guy NYC based? They might have given him concessions if he is good enough and he is an East Coast guy willing to go out West a few days a month. Also, might be better equipped for media negotiations and communication from NYC.
2) They are basically against Boise due to academics however I'm sure they would bend in a pinch. Apparently they also are not in tight with BYU also. And I'm not sure if they could swallow their pride enough to welcome in the likes of Fresno State, SJSU, etc. Basically leaves them Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming.

The only thing I saw was they opened an office, not sure how many people are working in it and for what purpose. I also think it has something to do with their network, but I am not sure though.

And I agree those are not very good options that you mention for expansion.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Well, I believe in keeping an open mind, but you're crazy man. Seriously, I've left better ideas than that in my litter box, if you catch my drift.

Reaction Score

1) I don't have any great idea, but New York is the media capital of the world. I would start with that and ask why wouldn't a conference with its own network want a presence there?

2) Texlahoma? The idea of "superconferences" is man-made, as is the need to have 16 or more schools. There are no set rules and its not like this is an arms race where everyone has to get to a certain number. Why would the Pac 12 have to do anything?

Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Well, I believe in keeping an open mind, but you're crazy man. Seriously, I've left better ideas than that in my litter box, if you catch my drift.

Look, I found it and posted it for conversation, its not mine. So far, some think it could be a possibility, and others dismiss it with no reason. I even supplied a few questions that might lead to some answers for the possibilities if one would like to explain why not. So far no takers.
Anyone who claims to know where this CR is headed or where it will end up could be looking pretty foolish when this is done.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Look, I found it and posted it for conversation, its not mine. So far, some think it could be a possibility, and others dismiss it with no reason. I even supplied a few questions that might lead to some answers for the possibilities if one would like to explain why not. So far no takers.
Anyone who claims to know where this CR is headed or where it will end up could be looking pretty foolish when this is done.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
You do realize that you are debating with a cat with tin foil hat, don't you? That's pretty much the definition of "looking foolish."

Reaction Score
1) I don't have any great idea, but New York is the media capital of the world. I would start with that and ask why wouldn't a conference with its own network want a presence there?

Ok , here's something. My opinion on that is LA is pretty sufficient mediawise, especially when you have a presence there and not in the east.

2) Texlahoma? The idea of "superconferences" is man-made, as is the need to have 16 or more schools. There are no set rules and its not like this is an arms race where everyone has to get to a certain number. Why would the Pac 12 have to do anything?

But is is man-made for the money. I think we really need to look into this Pac 12 network for the answer. What is their model and how will the conference make their money to keep up with the others who are potentially adding teams. BTN is the reason for the Big 10 expanding, we are told the sec will add for their next media plan, so I think the answer would be found in the P12N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom