Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
http://post original url/vCfDc9ug

Focus on students?!

Reaction Score
What a terrible question to ask. Of course UConn would leave the Big East if they were invited by the ACC.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Does this mean UConn going where the $$$$ are or does it mean UConn will eliminate all but intramural sports.

Reaction Score
The article is full of no comments. But she gave the interview for a reason.

Basically it is a signal to us to tell us that we are not caught in the Big Rabbit Hole Conference.

At least that's what I'm going to tell myself until the xanax kicks in.

Reaction Score

Basically it is a signal to us to tell us that we are not caught in the Big Rabbit Hole Conference.

I don't think she gave an interview... this looks and sounds like a response to a drive-by question.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We haven't lost the war, but today (Herbst commenting, Tulane and ECU joining the league, and Navy becoming a candidate) feels like losing a series of battles.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
STORRS, Conn. (AP) — University of Connecticut president Susan Herbst says she is making the student-athlete her priority as she tries to navigate the school through the changing landscape of athletic conferences.
Herbst declined comment Wednesday when asked directly if UConn would leave the Big East for the ACC should an invitation be issued.
The ACC recently lost Maryland to the Big 10. Connecticut and Louisville have been the focus of speculation as to who might replace the Terrapins as the 14th member of the conference.
Herbst also would not comment on discussions with the ACC, or say when a decision might be made.
"I don't know when the realignment ends or how it settles," she said. "But I think we really just have to focus on students and then everything will be OK."

How can I get any work done when I just keep hearing 'Oh ,we're screwed' in my head over and over. Oddly, the phrase seems to be vaguely appropriate.

"Did you hear we're 'merging' with our biggest competitor?" 'Oh , we're screwed'
"Honey, my parents want to stay for a week" 'Oh , we're screwed'
"Dad I got my driver's license" 'Oh , we're screwed'
"Tulane and ECU just joined the Big East" 'Oh , we're screwed'
"I think we really just have to focus on students and then everything will be OK" ....

Reaction Score
When you parse the article it does look like that. The AP writer in CT that covers this is Peaton-Robb. But this one is not attributed.

I don't think she gave an interview... this looks and sounds like a response to a drive-by question.

Reaction Score
She basically said nothing. Hopefully, it means she is negotiating with B1G or the ACC. I have no idea what BE is becoming at this point.

Reaction Score
We haven't lost the war, but today (Herbst commenting, Tulane and ECU joining the league, and Navy becoming a candidate) feels like losing a series of battles.

Do you really think Tulane and ECU would be getting invites if UConn and UL were still in the conference?

Seriously now. What will it take people to relax? We are gone. It's just a matter of where.

I'm thinking we will find out the delay has been our getting enough knee pads to convince the B1G to take us.

The longer this drags out the better the shot of joining Rutgers.

At this point my longshot guess would be UL and Cincy to ACC and UVA and UConn to the B1G.

Reaction Score
Um.....I have to admit my head is spinning a bit, but to my best recollection today is Tuesday. The article is a quote from "Wednesday". That is 6 days ago which is an eternity in the realignment story. Not sure why it came out today, but it is meaningless.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There's nothing to parse and nothing to be taken from what she said - it's an appropriate 'no comment', but with a polite delivery.

Reaction Score
Does this mean UConn going where the $$$$ are or does it mean UConn will eliminate all but intramural sports.
It means that it is either the ACC or we breakoff with the old BE non FB schools to form a conference. This move risks FB and PO's a lot of people on the BY but does not put whole athletic department at risk as would be the case if we stay in the NNNBE without Ville or Cincy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty takes a huge hit off the catnip and says:
"Yes, it's a signal, that's right a signal. We will be okay, because Herbst has given us a signal.

.....Ah , we're screwed."

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Um.....I have to admit my head is spinning a bit, but to my best recollection today is Tuesday. The article is a quote from "Wednesday". That is 6 days ago which is an eternity in the realignment story. Not sure why it came out today, but it is meaningless.

If so, then I am a drama queen. My bad.

Reaction Score
If Susan pulls of a B1G invite, she will go down in Uconn History as the greatest President to hold that post, period! I say that is this happens, the Boneyard storms her office to carry her victoriously around the campus on the shoulders of..... whatevery BY'er wants to do it!!!!!

Reaction Score
Ummmmm...isn't this exactly what she said after Pitt/Cuse left?

No. At that time, she was #beggingharder, and ranting that we fit the ACC profile better than the schools that were invited.

Reaction Score
Find me a president anywhere who would be quoted as saying "Our conference alignment will be based on football." This is an irrelevant no comment quote that should not be read as anything at all pertaining to what's going on with UConn.

Reaction Score
The article is dated today, and was released by the AP today.

Maybe the writer (unknown) just put the day of the week wrong. I dunno anything at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom