Herbst & Benedict coming to Fairfield County in May | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Herbst & Benedict coming to Fairfield County in May

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It was short and sweet. Overall - I love our leadership.

Every other word from Suzie (rocking a red dress btw) was "research institution" - really banged that drum and emphasized the progress in that area, such as our ability to poach research faculty from other institutions. Her remarks were fairly short overall, before turning it over to Benedict. Well spoken and a man with a plan. Regarding the game day experience... There was a question about enabling ways to make it easier for students to attend - he said that he would rip the keys out of bus drivers hands so that they don't leave during the game. I liked that. Also mentioned about fewer interruptions during the flow of football games - PA reads, trotting people out on to the field. So some good stuff coming there. There was a comment about the need to improve baseball softball and soccer facilities (surprised Gampel roof wasn't mentioned). And of course CR. Nothing really new here, just the same general "we are well positioned"... Little zinger towards Memphis from Suzie...The sense that I get is that we've got some smart folks leading this university and they know the areas that need attention and will fix them. Nice event though, nice to hear the State of the Nation.

Reaction Score
It was short and sweet. Overall - I love our leadership.

Every other word from Suzie (rocking a red dress btw) was "research institution" - really banged that drum and emphasized the progress in that area, such as our ability to poach research faculty from other institutions. Her remarks were fairly short overall, before turning it over to Benedict. Well spoken and a man with a plan. Regarding the game day experience... There was a question about enabling ways to make it easier for students to attend - he said that he would rip the keys out of bus drivers hands so that they don't leave during the game. I liked that. Also mentioned about fewer interruptions during the flow of football games - PA reads, trotting people out on to the field. So some good stuff coming there. There was a comment about the need to improve baseball softball and soccer facilities (surprised Gampel roof wasn't mentioned). And of course CR. Nothing really new here, just the same general "we are well positioned"... Little zinger towards Memphis from Suzie...The sense that I get is that we've got some smart folks leading this university and they know the areas that need attention and will fix them. Nice event though, nice to hear the State of the Nation.
Yes! Keep the fans inside the stadium ALL game. Hopefully some new incentives to keep the butts in seats.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Yes! Keep the fans inside the stadium ALL game. Hopefully some new incentives to keep the butts in seats.
He didn't mention specifics, but he emphasized that - regardless of sport - student attendance drives the pulse of the crowd and the home court/field advantage. So I really expect him to address some of the deficiencies there. Playing in Hartford, East Hartford as much as we do... He recognizes the need to make it easier/better for students.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Question was also asked about the Jacobs article and what ESPN could do to help us land somewhere. The short answer - unsurprisingly - was "nothing outward". But he made it clear that ESPN knows the value we being, and that if anyone were to ask ESPN what we bring, they had all the information available.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom