Her name is Dorka Juhász | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Her name is Dorka Juhász

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As someone whose last name has been constantly misspelled and mispronounced from a young age, I spent much of my childhood correcting people, and still do when it's needed. That's why I try to make a point of learning how to say and spell everyone's name correctly.

I have dealt with my last name being misspelled since as far back as I can remember. You learn to adapt.

I'm Swedish. The final part of my last name is spelled "son". Most spell it "sen", which is Danish or Norweign. So when someone I do not know asks my name, I politely spell my last name. I also have to deal with the occasional misspelling of my first name. It's Eric with a "c", not a "k".

Our three sons have the same problem with our last name. It is what it is.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I had a Hungarian friend named Juhasz many years ago and he pronounced it YOU-haas.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
as someone whose last name has been constantly misspelled from a young age I stopped worrying about it by the age of eleven......... :eek:
Spacing and hyphenation might help- Charlie b-ball, problem solved! ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
What is Hungarian for lay up?
According to Google, a basketball lay up is translated as 'kosarlabda fekudt". Good question!

Reaction Score
Not Jorka or Dorkas, it’s Dorka. I’m seeing all kinds of spellings, maybe some autocorrect? But her name is

Dorka Juhász​

I have a friend whose daughter is named Dorcus.....English I think. When she told me her name, I said; " you've got to be kidding." Sort of a faux pas. Just paying the time until dribbling begins...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom