OT: - Henry Ruggs | The Boneyard

OT: Henry Ruggs

Reaction Score
Safe to say he's played his last game in the NFL. So easy to just not get in the car and drive drunk, hope he spends a long time in jail

Reaction Score
Safe to say he's played his last game in the NFL. So easy to just not get in the car and drive drunk, hope he spends a long time in jail

I wouldn't say he played his last game in the NFL. Donte Stallworth and Leonard Little say hi.

Reaction Score
156mph. When I saw this earlier I almost pooped my pants. This wasn't on a highway... this was city streets / a neighborhood. Sad story for everyone involved, especially the woman who lost her life.
Nobody should ever drive drunk but the 156 mph was probably even more responsible for the crash. Most people can't handle a car going 156 mph on the highway, it's insane he was doing it on city streets.

Reaction Score
Forget football this guy is going in for 10 years at a minimum. What a moron, you wanna go crazy with alcohol and drugs go for it but put don’t get behind the wheel, just put the keys away.

Reaction Score
156 mph is incomprehensible to me, let alone on city streets. But anyone who pays attention to professional sports should not assume he's necessarily done playing football. Depends on a lot of factors. Having a loaded gun and killing the woman's dog are a nice touch.

Edit: Nomar beat me to it.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Amazing that he survived the crash. Severely under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs anything can happen. It would be interesting if we took a poll (anonymous) of how many BYrders have driven home in a blackout sometime in their life. It must be angels that keep this type of thing from happening more frequently. Very sad for all involved and a chilling reminder of what can happen.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Nobody should ever drive drunk but the 156 mph was probably even more responsible for the crash. Most people can't handle a car going 156 mph on the highway, it's insane he was doing it on city streets.
Yeah it's actually insane. I know drunk people don't make many smart decisions but I can't even imagine what has to be going through someones mind to ever attempt a speed at that level on any public roadway... sober or drunk.

According to this random science tool, the total distance it takes a person to stop at 156MPH is 1,369 feet (a quarter mile). Never was going to happen for him, even if he was completely sober.

Reaction Score
Why is it that the drunk driver in these cases almost always survives....and often relatively unhurt.

I'm sure many have broken 100mph or driven with a few too many..but never at the same time...I'm dumbfounded that anyone, drunk or sober, would drive 156....anywhere....except a race track.

Reaction Score
People say take an Uber (that’s the most reasonable thing here) but the NFLPA makes it even EASIER for them by providing them 24/7 rides for exact situations like this.
Inexcusable & hope he gets everything he deserves. Raiders are going to go after his signing bonus money & if they get it, I hope they donate it/a portion of it to the victims family.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Why is it that the drunk driver in these cases almost always survives....and often relatively unhurt.

I'm sure many have broken 100mph or driven with a few too many..but never at the same time...I'm dumbfounded that anyone, drunk or sober, would drive 156....anywhere....except a race track.
I've read something in the past about how people brace for the crash actually effects their injuries. Usually drunk people don't tense up as much before the crash. How true it is, I don't know. But it kind of makes sense.

But in this case, idk if it was the impact that killed the woman or the fire.

Reaction Score
People say take an Uber (that’s the most reasonable thing here) but the NFLPA makes it even EASIER for them by providing them 24/7 rides for exact situations like this.
Inexcusable & hope he gets everything he deserves. Raiders are going to go after his signing bonus money & if they get it, I hope they donate it/a portion of it to the victims family.
Yes..and I think they ever bring the player's car back too

Reaction Score
I lived in Vegas for 9 months right off Sahara but miles away from the strip in Summerlin, and can see this happening. Roads coming off the strip into neighborhoods are long, straight, and greens line up. Perfect for drag racing and hitting speeds like that for the drunk and stupid. Honestly, I think it’s worse that his BAC was only 1.6; it’s not like he was totally blacked out behind the wheel. He knew what he was doing. So incredibly stupid, and now a young woman is gone. Dude’s life as he knew it is probably over.

I was worried when I heard that the Raiders were heading to Vegas and remember thinking to myself how the hell are 22 year old Raiders players going to stay out of trouble… sure enough this is the second wreck by a Raiders player in as many years in Vegas.

Reaction Score
This guy should rot in a cell for the rest of his life but I doubt it will happen. What a remarkable amount of negligence rolled into one horrible situation. Young people generally do stupid things but this is so above and beyond that it's indefensible. That being said, this is the NFL we're talking about here, and I imagine he'll eventually find his way onto a roster once he's out of prison, if he ever serves time.

Reaction Score
This guy should rot in a cell for the rest of his life but I doubt it will happen. What a remarkable amount of negligence rolled into one horrible situation. Young people generally do stupid things but this is so above and beyond that it's indefensible. That being said, this is the NFL we're talking about here, and I imagine he'll eventually find his way onto a roster once he's out of prison, if he ever serves time.
I don’t think he serves as much time as most here think and he definitely will play again. So sad for the woman who lost her life through no fault of her own. This is one of the worries of playing in Vegas. I have driven after drinking, but no way in hell would I even attempt to speed, I would do the exact opposite actually. I feel sorry for the woman and her family, but I feel bad for him also because of his age. The lights and money and women is just too much for some young men and he didn’t seem all that smart to begin with. Doomed from the start it seems.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
He was drunk driving at 150 mph and killed a woman and her dog. And had an illegal firearm in the vehicle. Think he's gonna serve some time.

Reaction Score
The 2020 Corvette Z51 goes 0 to 60 MPH in 2.8 seconds. It probably gets to 100 MPH in 5 to 6 seconds.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say he played his last game in the NFL. Donte Stallworth and Leonard Little say hi.
I don't doubt the NFL would give him another chance, but I can't see him getting anything less than 10-15 years and by that point he's in his mid 30s

Reaction Score
I don't doubt the NFL would give him another chance, but I can't see him getting anything less than 10-15 years and by that point he's in his mid 30s

I doubt he'll do that much time. I grew up with a guy who killed four people in a drunk driving accident and he was sentenced to 1 1/3 to 4 years in NYS prison. There are a bunch of moving pieces here.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The 2020 Corvette Z51 goes 0 to 60 MPH in 2.8 seconds. It probably gets to 100 MPH in 5 to 6 seconds.

that's not how it works.
The faster you go, the more opposition there is from the wind and from the down force to keep the car stable.

This site gives it 8.2 from 0-100 and 31.2 seconds to get to 150. All of which are ridiculously fast for any production car.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom