HELP: North Andover MA area? | The Boneyard

HELP: North Andover MA area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alright you Mass holes (I am too) I am in North Andover Thursday and hopefully will have a way out of an event to go watch the game but won't get back home to do so therefore I will need a decent sports bar in the area if anyone knows of one? One of my favorite vendors is having a automation solutions fair on the day of the PR shootout? I told them I will bring a few customers but may have to leave at noon (prepped the customers to be the bad guys LOL) so I think I can get out of it (taped it just in case) so if I do I need a plan?

Anyone know the area or anywhere off 495 on my way back to WesMass only about 30 minutes from NoAndover?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
I grew up and work there. Actually, I work at the middle school. I plan to be streaming the game, come on by my room!

Truthfully, you'll probably be around Westford/Littleton. There are plenty of restaurants and such on Rte 225 in Westford, but I'm not sure who will have ESPNU.

Reaction Score
I grew up and work there. Actually, I work at the middle school. I plan to be streaming the game, come on by my room!

Truthfully, you'll probably be around Westford/Littleton. There are plenty of restaurants and such on Rte 225 in Westford, but I'm not sure who will have ESPNU.

Thanks yeah the key is ESPNU, it's funny how many "sports" pubs don't have the premium packages. Much appreciated but I doubt you'll like the 3 guys with me that much hovering over you! LOL

Reaction Score
The Lowell area (or route 38 in Tewksbury) may be your best bet. With there being a game at 10:30 et, my guess is that the UConn game won't start until closer to 1. With that in mind, you can easily make Marlboro, Shrewsbury, Worcester via I-290 which may give you more options.

Reaction Score
The Lowell area (or route 38 in Tewksbury) may be your best bet. With there being a game at 10:30 et, my guess is that the UConn game won't start until closer to 1. With that in mind, you can easily make Marlboro, Shrewsbury, Worcester via I-290 which may give you more options.

Oh you now what - I had no idea on the 10:30 game thanks for that - you're correct gives me extra time to get more south. Thanks

Reaction Score
I have friends who go to Brickhouse Pizza & Sports Bar in Chelmsford off of I-495 and like it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If Worcester is an option, I'd check and see if Armsby Abbey has a TV. Spent a great lunch and afternoon there last year but was so distracted by the quality taps, incredible food and interesting conversation that I didn't notice if they had one. Great room though. Possibly the best gastropub in the n0rtheast.

Reaction Score
Armsby Abbey has great food and drinks but is not a great sports bar. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings in Shrewsbury. The food is typical BWW (i.e. it pretty much sucks) but lots of tv's. There is also a Jillian's in Worcester or another good place is The Boynton which is a WPI bar with good food and quite a few tv's.

Reaction Score
There's gotta be a 99 around there somewhere.

There are 99's right off of 495 (within 1 - 2 miles), one in Hudson and one in Marlborough and another right off 290 in Worcester.I'm sure there are more up 495 closer to Andover.

Reaction Score
Downtown Haverhill is an option.

I currently live in Haverhill. The one sports bar has odd hours. Barking Dog and the Tap are both great options though. However , Haverhill is north of NA. Probably would only add about 10-15 minutes to the ride home.

Reaction Score
There are 99's right off of 495 (within 1 - 2 miles), one in Hudson and one in Marlborough and another right off 290 in Worcester.I'm sure there are more up 495 closer to Andover.

There is one in North Andover on rte 125, one in Andover on 133.

Reaction Score
There is one in North Andover on rte 125, one in Andover on 133.

There's also a 99 in Westford on Rte 111 just before the Littleton line. Stopped there a few times for grub on my family drive between Maine and Jersey.

Reaction Score
Armsby Abbey has great food and drinks but is not a great sports bar. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings in Shrewsbury. The food is typical BWW (i.e. it pretty much sucks) but lots of tv's. There is also a Jillian's in Worcester or another good place is The Boynton which is a WPI bar with good food and quite a few tv's.
Armsby Abbey is an awesome beer bar but I agree it's not a great place to watch a sporting event. I second the BWW idea. Take I-290 on the way home. BWW is on Route 9 in Shrewsbury.

http://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/locations/Detail/3694

Probably easiest way to get there is take the Route 140 South exit off I-290 down to Route 9. But this is a good hour from North Andover.

I don't know the North Andover area at all so I'm no help there. Another good place on your way home is the Horseshoe Pub in Hudson. Awesome beer selection and they have a bunch of TVs. You'd have to call to make sure they have ESPNU.

Reaction Score
I have friends who go to Brickhouse Pizza & Sports Bar in Chelmsford off of I-495 and like it.

http://www.brickhousecentersportsgrill.com

WINNER winner chicken dinner!!

Not a bad place at all. Actually amazing enough a busy place at 1pm and some pretty nice people - workers and clientele. Good enough TV's, cold beer and pretty good wings to boot!

Thanks to all for the heads up!!

Reaction Score
I'll tell my old roommate that you approve, it's his home away from home.

Probably because of the dark haired waitress with the light reddish streaks in her hair - easy on the eyes. And while not stunning the bartender Christy was solid at her craft!;)

Reaction Score
Probably because of the dark haired waitress with the light reddish streaks in her hair - easy on the eyes. And while not stunning the bartender Christy was solid at her craft!;)

Could be, as I know he likes brunettes (and still single), which I could never understand due to my addiction to blondes (married one myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom