Hello World.. | The Boneyard

Hello World..

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Cant say much that hasnt already been posted in the treads [ ]

Moving forward Ive been saying it all preseason and during the season. Paige and Azzi are unstoppable and we can add Caroline to that The new UCONN BIG 3. No doubt in my mind we are the team to beat going into the NCAAs. Depaul Creighton and now Tenn who was picked about a week ago to be a 1 seed. We won this game without Caroline and Paige. How good have we've become???? This game has been coming and you could see that over the past 2 weeks. Kids were getting better and today it showed. We played with UConn intensity, UConn execution and UConn energy. The defense was huge and a big part of it was our bigs being rotated (Dorka Edwards and Liv). Our defense shut down Tenn. We made them rush their shots and play faster then they wanted to.

I heard and I believed. I watched and I believed. I saw and I believed. Welcome to UConn Azzi Fudd. The Star has arrived and is shining.

Its time to Dream Again. Paige Azzi and Caroline. OMGosh. This is gonna be UN-Be-Liv-Able. Well we should be assured a 2 seed and I would not wanna be our 1 seed. UConn when Paige and Caroline get back and everybody else being healthy and up to speed should not be beatable unless they beat themselves. We not only have great 3 pts shooters they can dribble drive and hit pull ups and its almost aways automatic. Even more fun for UConn is you have to play them 1on1 and it will be tuff to hold them down.

Well if we can just get healthy and stay healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
All of our freshmen have a "breakout" game at some point in the season. Recently...I remember when Crystal had hers, when Aubrey had hers, when Collier had hers, when Katie Lou had hers, when Christyn had hers, When Paige had hers, now finally Azzi had hers. Azzi's could not have come at a better time. This was not a must win game, but a really really need to win game. Azzi and her parents will NEVER forget forget THIS one. A 25 pt game against your longest and most disliked rival, who just happened to be ranked #7 at the time.

I think Azzi will be OK going forward. She played 39 minutes today. The camera panned over to the bench during the game. Caroline and Paige were sitting next to one another. I thought to myself.......there's 35 points sitting on the bench. How do we make up those points? The team found a way. They made a way out of no way. They got it done. It's so much better and nicer to write a positive comment, and give accolades to our girls rather than criticize and complain about how poorly they played.

We often complain that some of our players fail to show up. Look at the box score for Tennessee. Notice how many of their players (especially the starters) didn't show up. Only 35 points from their starters today. Horston had 26 of them. Two of their starters failed to score. It's nice to see another team do some magic tricks for a change. :) What a morale booster for this team. I don't think I saw Geno get upset once today. Today was a good day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Moving forward Ive been saying it all preseason and during the season. Paige and Azzi are unstoppable and we can add Caroline to that The new UCONN BIG 3. No doubt in my mind we are the team to beat going into the NCAAs. Depaul Creighton and now Tenn who was picked about a week ago to be a 1 seed. We won this game without Caroline and Paige. How good have we've become???? This game has been coming and you could see that over the past 2 weeks. Kids were getting better and today it showed. We played with UConn intensity, UConn execution and UConn energy. The defense was huge and a big part of it was our bigs being rotated (Dorka Edwards and Liv). Our defense shut down Tenn. We made them rush their shots and play faster then they wanted to.

I heard and I believed. I watched and I believed. I saw and I believed. Welcome to UConn Azzi Fudd. The Star has arrived and is shining.

Its time to Dream Again. Paige Azzi and Caroline. OMGosh. This is gonna be UN-Be-Liv-Able. Well we should be assured a 2 seed and I would not wanna be our 1 seed. UConn when Paige and Caroline get back and everybody else being healthy and up to speed should not be beatable unless they beat themselves. We not only have great 3 pts shooters they can dribble drive and hit pull ups and its almost aways automatic. Even more fun for UConn is you have to play them 1on1 and it will be tuff to hold them down.

Kalenna M. Lewis, KML, was the last shooter that Uconn had with NEAR the accuracy of Ms Fudd. If she can maintain this accuracy, attacking when available, Uconn chances of at least participating in the NC get a lot better. Paige is not as accurate. Paige is more skillful in getting the open shot, getting to the basket, using the boards on side shots--Paige excels in being a Point guard, fewer team turnovers, getting others their open shots. So far that much of AZZI's game hasn't been seen. When Paige is on the floor, everyone is better. No one else on Uconn can do that.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
With all the (certainly merited) Azzi enthusiasm)
Let's not forget Aaliyah...5/6 3/4 ft. 7 rebounds +
A terror on both sides of the court.

and

Who were we playing?
Forget last weeks rankings...(the elevator is going down from the 97th floor)
They don't run anything and Geno defeated thei 1 on 1 and their rebounding...
leaving them with gornisht (NY Yiddish)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Tony, you know I ❤️ you dearly but South Carolina is the team to beat. However, UConn is going to be one of the teams no one wants in their bracket, a dangerous darkhorse. I like having UConn as an underdog. It seems to make the team hungrier.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kalenna M. Lewis, KML, was the last shooter that Uconn had with NEAR the accuracy of Ms Fudd. If she can maintain this accuracy, attacking when available, Uconn chances of at least participating in the NC get a lot better. Paige is not as accurate. Paige is more skillful in getting the open shot, getting to the basket, using the boards on side shots--Paige excels in being a Point guard, fewer team turnovers, getting others their open shots. So far that much of AZZI's game hasn't been seen. When Paige is on the floor, everyone is better. No one else on Uconn can do that.
at this stage, I am not setting any preconceived limits on Azzi's game.

Reaction Score
I have thought all year that if we were healthy we'd be in it but Azzi and Caroline being ABOVE realistic expectations just makes us stronger. Being a #1 seed is a major help though and being at best a 2 is not a good situation for us. That means at the end, we probably have to beat 3 top teams in a row at minimum to win it all. For example, maybe Arizona, Stanford and then SC, all in a row. 1-2 is hard enough. 3 in a row is a major challenge. Statistically, even as good as we might think we are if everyone is healthy, that skews the results significantly right there.

The bottom line though is if Paige comes back healthy and we have everyone, we should be one of the top 3 teams in the country IMO. And I LOVE that we now have some 3 point skill, with even more coming soon if Paige is available. That opens everything up for us and enables us to be giant killers potentially.

Let's ROLL!

Reaction Score
We probably have better 3 point shooting right now than SC. With a little luck we can beat them.

Reaction Score
Tony, you know I ❤️ you dearly but South Carolina is the team to beat. However, UConn is going to be one of the teams no one wants in their bracket, a dangerous darkhorse. I like having UConn as an underdog. It seems to make the team hungrier.
I don’t know about that HuskyNan, UConn led SC by one at halftime. Back then Dorka wasn’t nearly as good as she is now, neither was Azzi, and Ducharme was invisible. Many things have changed in UConn’s favor since that game, with the one exception being Paige. If Bueckers can come back in a few weeks Uconn will make a very deep run into the tournament and could knock off the Gamecocks IMHO.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
We probably have better 3 point shooting right now than SC. With a little luck we can beat them.
I posted months ago that it would be raining 3s in Storrs and then UConn caught the injury bug and got hit with COVID protocols...and I took some heat as it was pointed out what poor three point shooting UConn was displaying. Now that our players are starting to get healthy I stand by my comment. It will soon be raining threes in Storrs.

Reaction Score
I would not say SC is the team to beat. I think Stanford is playing a better all around game. Toss up at best on any given night. With that said we are heading in the right direction.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
With the kitchen sink being thrown at coaches and players this season, there are SO many lessons learned that wouldn't surface if the team had everyone healthy and they had won every game. When the team has not gotten out of the semis, Geno has said later that there were issues the coaches tried to tell the players they had to solve, but since they won, the players were deaf to the input and it may have cost them. Winning covers a lot of underlying issues.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I posted months ago that it would be raining 3s in Storrs and then UConn caught the injury bug and got hit with COVID protocols...and I took some heat as it was pointed out what poor three point shooting UConn was displaying. Now that our players are starting to get healthy I stand by my comment. It will soon be raining threes in Storrs.
Seems like it rained pretty hard in the 2nd half today (8 for 13). When Aaliyah knocked down her 3, you just knew everyone was hot.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Seems like it rained pretty hard in the 2nd half today (8 for 13). When Aaliyah knocked down her 3, you just knew everyone was hot.
It is like catching the flu...someone gets hot from three and then before you know it others are starting to hit from long range. I am only sorry that we are in the last third of the season and it will be over too soon.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It is like catching the flu...someone gets hot from three and then before you know it others are starting to hit from long range. I am only sorry that we are in the last third of the season and it will be over too soon.
I’ve always had that feeling as well. I think you need a “bell cow” on the court to get things started. In the past it’s been KML or Lou. Azzi was the bell cow today. But honestly, when the Huskies get Paige on the court with Azzi & Caroline we just might have 3 bell cows. :)

Reaction Score
I have thought all year that if we were healthy we'd be in it but Azzi and Caroline being ABOVE realistic expectations just makes us stronger. Being a #1 seed is a major help though and being at best a 2 is not a good situation for us. That means at the end, we probably have to beat 3 top teams in a row at minimum to win it all. For example, maybe Arizona, Stanford and then SC, all in a row. 1-2 is hard enough. 3 in a row is a major challenge. Statistically, even as good as we might think we are if everyone is healthy, that skews the results significantly right there.

The bottom line though is if Paige comes back healthy and we have everyone, we should be one of the top 3 teams in the country IMO. And I LOVE that we now have some 3 point skill, with even more coming soon if Paige is available. That opens everything up for us and enables us to be giant killers potentially.

Let's ROLL!

Duchame may be exceeding, I don't know, but as good as she was today Fudd hasn't yet reached my realistic expectations. All the talk will be about her shooting, which is god-like, but she is a complete player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom