Hello from Durham | The Boneyard

Hello from Durham

Curiouser
Reaction Score
1549139980880.jpeg

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie I thought this thread would be Juwan Durham-related and spent more seconds than I'd care to quantify wondering "how the heck do Duke's participation trophies relate to our ex-player now at ND?"

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Burn it all down.
These are probably among my least-surprising discoveries ever, but the campus is beautiful, Cameron is a great, classic and intimate venue, and Zion is unreal. Seeing a game here is a great experience. Not a bad seat in the place. The positioning of those two trophies in their hall of fame was the cherry on top.

Fit this in during a work trip and wore UConn garb head to toe for the entire trip. Nothing but respect from those who noticed.

Chapel Hill was also very cool. Would love to be there for the UNC-Duke game.

East Carolina chopped bbq rocks, too.

Reaction Score
when I visited their museum before our women's game a few years ago, i asked the museum docent where their '99 and '04 loser's trophies were??

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
If we ever play a home and home with Duke you best believe I'm making the trip to Duke to watch that game. I think we could fill the place with a pretty sizable Husky crowd.

Reaction Score
Hey, don't sleep on the Final Four. It is an accomplishment.

But it's fun to know that we won the NC in both those years.

Reaction Score
If we ever play a home and home with Duke you best believe I'm making the trip to Duke to watch that game. I think we could fill the place with a pretty sizable Husky crowd.
It's going to cost you a pretty penny for a ticket

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
These are probably among my least-surprising discoveries ever, but the campus is beautiful, Cameron is a great, classic and intimate venue, and Zion is unreal. Seeing a game here is a great experience. Not a bad seat in the place. The positioning of those two trophies in their hall of fame was the cherry on top.

Fit this in during a work trip and wore UConn garb head to toe for the entire trip. Nothing but respect from those who noticed.

When I lived in Raleigh I worked weird hours and days and used to go to Duke baseball games on my lonely free afternoons because it’s just so nice.

Football season tickets were $30 - also a good place to see a game.

Reaction Score
To make everyone feel a little better we played there in football - ate drank at an official UConn party in one of their campus buildings then stomped them out in their own stadium. Glorious for all those in attendance.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What’s Durham like?
Didn’t see a lot of it except for the campus, hotel and a six-mile run on a bike path. Had a nice meal at a nice restaurant one night and a great BBQ dinner at the Pit in Durham based on local’s recommendation. Seemed like a smaller and pretty quiet town. When we asked where Duke students and alums go out to drink we were told to head to Chapel Hill, so we did. There was a lot more of a pulse there.

Reaction Score

Visited both in the late 70's while on a college baseball trip both beautiful campuses. Got to play against UNC JVs on their main field and honestly the best actual field, not venue overall though, I ever payed on including some minor and major league parks. Manicured beyond belief, so perfect. Kind of liked UNC just a little better as a campus, surroundings and didn't even hate on the Dukies then. LOL

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Visited both in the late 70's while on a college baseball trip both beautiful campuses. Got to play against UNC JVs on their main field and honestly the best actual field, not venue overall though, I ever payed on including some minor and major league parks. Manicured beyond belief, so perfect. Kind of liked UNC just a little better as a campus and didn't even hate on the Dukies then. LOL
The fraternity and sorority houses at UNC looked like manicured mansions. The bar scene was very cool though. Place I liked best was He’s Not There, which seemed like their Ted’s.

Forgot to add that my t-shirts were exclusively ‘99 and ‘04 shirts, including one that is so threadbare that I noticed several holes in it this morning but wore it anyway. Mrs. 8893 would have been horrified; I am afraid the shirt won’t make it out of the next wash without her tossing it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom