Hello from Durham | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hello from Durham

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The fraternity and sorority houses at UNC looked like manicured mansions. The bar scene was very cool though. Place I liked best was He’s Not There, which seemed like their Ted’s.

Forgot to add that my t-shirts were exclusively ‘99 and ‘04 shirts, including one that is so threadbare that I noticed several holes in it this morning but wore it anyway. Mrs. 8893 would have been horrified; I am afraid the shirt won’t make it out of the next wash without her tossing it.

Hide that shirt and just dry it with bounce sheet on delicate :)

Reaction Score
If we ever play a home and home with Duke you best believe I'm making the trip to Duke to watch that game. I think we could fill the place with a pretty sizable Husky crowd.
I wouldn’t ever worry about that becoming a reality.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Didn’t see a lot of it except for the campus, hotel and a six-mile run on a bike path. Had a nice meal at a nice restaurant one night and a great BBQ dinner at the Pit in Durham based on local’s recommendation. Seemed like a smaller and pretty quiet town. When we asked where Duke students and alums go out to drink we were told to head to Chapel Hill, so we did. There was a lot more of a pulse there.

Ah I like to hear that! I may be relocating to chapel hill

Reaction Score
He might have been talking about the women’s team.
Nah, later on he said he hopes Hurley pushes for it. Everyone knows those pretentious Dukies wouldn’t dare deign a true road trip.

Reaction Score
These are probably among my least-surprising discoveries ever, but the campus is beautiful, Cameron is a great, classic and intimate venue, and Zion is unreal. Seeing a game here is a great experience. Not a bad seat in the place. The positioning of those two trophies in their hall of fame was the cherry on top.

Fit this in during a work trip and wore UConn garb head to toe for the entire trip. Nothing but respect from those who noticed.

Chapel Hill was also very cool. Would love to be there for the UNC-Duke game.

East Carolina chopped bbq rocks, too.

Charmichael Arena is actually better than the Smith Center at UNC and I used to warm up in Cameron when we played Duke in lacrosse - it’s pretty great

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
These are probably among my least-surprising discoveries ever, but the campus is beautiful, Cameron is a great, classic and intimate venue, and Zion is unreal. Seeing a game here is a great experience. Not a bad seat in the place. The positioning of those two trophies in their hall of fame was the cherry on top.

Fit this in during a work trip and wore UConn garb head to toe for the entire trip. Nothing but respect from those who noticed.

Chapel Hill was also very cool. Would love to be there for the UNC-Duke game.

East Carolina chopped bbq rocks, too.
No regrets about missing nearby NC State score 24 points against VA Tech?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thought this was another Juwan thread.

P.S. You take photos like an old person.
Would it have been better if he made it a selfy with his forehead in the foreground?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Would it have been better if he made it a selfy with his forehead in the foreground?
On reflection, it probably would have been best as a live selfie showing me giggling like a school girl while I took the shot. I needed the two-hand method in order to steady the camera because of my giggling. And I’m sure there was a setting to minimize the glare, but I didn’t have the time or inclination to experiment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
On reflection, it probably would have been best as a live selfie showing me giggling like a school girl while I took the shot. I needed the two-hand method in order to steady the camera because of my giggling. And I’m sure there was a setting to minimize the glare, but I didn’t have the time or inclination to experiment.
Ha ha I know right. I had a big ass grin just looking at the picture. I was going ask if you if caught a little wood when you saw those.

I think it is very nice that the folks in Durham celebrate the years we beat them. It something both fan bases have in common.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom