Heather? | The Boneyard

Heather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heather didn't play last night. Are they just being careful with her or is the injury still limiting her. Kiah played good against WV but we can use Heather with ND coming up.

Any news?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I suspect Heather didn't play because of how physical the game was and Geno didn't think she would be effective.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The quote from Geno was a) offense was at a premium for much of the game, and that's not where Heather adds the most value, and b) they needed her rested and ready for ND (which I interpreted to mean why risk her hand mixing it up in a physical game that, although not pretty, wasn't one UConn was in any real danger of losing).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The quote from Geno was a) offense was at a premium for much of the game, and that's not where Heather adds the most value, and b) they needed her rested and ready for ND (which I interpreted to mean why risk her hand mixing it up in a physical game that, although not pretty, wasn't one UConn was in any real danger of losing).

Yea I would say a little of both. Definitely needed offense last night, and she doesn't bring that. And with such a physical game, no point in risking the wrist.

Reaction Score
Heather didn't play last night. Are they just being careful with her or is the injury still limiting her. Kiah played good against WV but we can use Heather with ND coming up.

Any news?
I disagree with your observation about Kiah ...she was average at best . Bussie has great post moves and is a force in the paint. The Huskies could not contain her. The effective UConn press in the first half probably prevented Bussie from scoring a lot more . No UConn big could could contain her ...especially Kiah. When she got the ball on offense around the foul line and couldn't find a cutter ...she looked lost...certainly no high post move towards the basket.
Chances of winning at ND will depend on whether that full court press can be sustained for 40 minutes ....and the accuracy of our 3-point shooters.

Reaction Score
I disagree with your observation about Kiah ...she was average at best . Bussie has great post moves and is a force in the paint. The Huskies could not contain her. The effective UConn press in the first half probably prevented Bussie from scoring a lot more . No UConn big could could contain her ...especially Kiah. When she got the ball on offense around the foul line and couldn't find a cutter ...she looked lost...certainly no high post move towards the basket.
Chances of winning at ND will depend on whether that full court press can be sustained for 40 minutes ....and the accuracy of our 3-point shooters.

We win against ND if our bigs are able to do what Stef couldn't do at the FF.

Close down the the middle!

Oh, did I mention do an effective job of defending against 3-pointers.

Peace,

John Fryer

Reaction Score
Stef couldn't do it at the FF ...she couldn't do it last night ...Kiah couldn't do it last night ...the only way we're closing down the middle AND defending 3-point shooters ... is if they allow us 6 players.
The full court press that I've seen this year is their best defensive weapon. It creates turnovers ...takes time off the clock ... shakes up the opposition ...causes driving layups (and +1 very often) ...and doesn't allow the other team sufficient time to set up .

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And with such a physical game, no point in risking the wrist.
How many players hit the floor last night? Tiff and Bria got quite, well, I won't say beat up but they both had to come out of the game after being dinged up and even Kelly, she of the marvelous balance, went flying a few times. Kiah got poked in the eye and Stef got whacked in the head & generally manhandled by Asya Bussie. I am NOT claiming that WVU played dirty, just that they were extremely physical. No need to risk Heather reinjuring her hand when they need her in a few days.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I saw a fair amount of Kentucky at ND a while back. Kentucky pressed bigtime and basically played a rat-game with som effectiveness although they seemed to get turned over a bunch too. They stayed even with ND in South Bend for much of the game before losing by about 8 or so.

That tape should be helpful in prepping for the game. When we play well, we are much better than Kentucky so that provides some serious optimism. If we play poorly, we will be in deep trouble.

Reaction Score
How many players hit the floor last night? Tiff and Bria got quite, well, I won't say beat up but they both had to come out of the game after being dinged up and even Kelly, she of the marvelous balance, went flying a few times. Kiah got poked in the eye and Stef got whacked in the head & generally manhandled by Asya Bussie. I am NOT claiming that WVU played dirty, just that they were extremely physical. No need to risk Heather reinjuring her hand when they need her in a few days.
Good point about Heather. I have a feeling she will get a lot of playing time against ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom