Hearing smoke of Cardoso to Texas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hearing smoke of Cardoso to Texas

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The original source of Cardoso's transferring to either UConn or Auburn was never confirmed as far as I know.

So, despite all the hype on this board, there is no word of her commitment to UConn or whether Geno showed any interest. My guess is Cardoso will not be coming to UConn and I'm okay with that.

Reaction Score
Well, Pope Francis is from South America. So maybe he can shed some divine light on Cardoso’s decision.
He may be trying to recruit her to The University of Vatican. God only knows.

Reaction Score
Yes it seemed it was an unfounded rumor….
But I am sure most top teams are pursuing her….and perhaps Geno never offered her but if UCONN was recruiting her out of HS it would seem logical they would be interested.
And really she can be a force now with the right team….and it would be one less team to worry about if she came to UCONN…,should she go to one of our rivals it would not be good….but we can still win with what we have now!!!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The original source of Cardoso's transferring to either UConn or Auburn was never confirmed as far as I know.

So, despite all the hype on this board, there is no word of her commitment to UConn or whether Geno showed any interest. My guess is Cardoso will not be coming to UConn and I'm okay with that.
So true, it was not a tweet from Cardosa, it was from World Exposure Reports - WBB or something similar to it...NEVER CONFIRMED.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So true, it was not a tweet from Cardosa, it was from World Exposure Reports - WBB or something similar to it...NEVER CONFIRMED.
The other aspect of the tweet that makes it suspect is the suggestion that Cardoso was interested in either UConn or Auburn, a relatively incongruous pairing of schools, unless of course Auburn was offering the “Cam Newton” recruiting package to Cardoso.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And I am shocked because of this new story about her selecting Texas because as I stated before, my wife's third cousin on her mother's side heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another that she was coming to UConn....

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Correct me if wrong but Vic is getting credit for his great development of post players and he has had some good ones but wasn’t Johnnie Harris the post coach?? I remember Vic and McGowan thanking her for all the great work she does with the post when they chronicled Teira’s maturation of the game.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Of course, you posted at 11:27 PM so…

Not if @chrissaran lives in the West Coast!:rolleyes:

Or, if you were watching/listening to the NFL draft and dabbled on the boards.
The Giants traded back last night for the first time in forever and that move from 11 to 20 made me just watch the whole thing. Lots of time for posting. :mad: :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
And what puzzles me is what is taking her so long to decide…seems like most of all the other Syracuse players have already committed to other schools?
I keep hoping this is like Azzi Fudd that many were upset she hadn’t committed and wound up doing so….I have this false hope it will happen again and Cardoso decides to come to UCONN

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I believe their mascot is a Cardinal?
Hmmm.
I thought it was a Tree.
Cut into the shape of a cross.
There's no way a college would be referred to both ways, is there?

(Before everyone jumps on me, I know the Stanford Cardinal refers to the color and not the bird. Okay, now that has me thinking – oldude said "a cardinal," so he is definitely referring to a thing and not the color. I assumed he meant the bird, but is it a member of the clergy? Like Cardinal Guido Sarducci?. Interesting to ponder.)

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Well, Pope Francis is from South America. So maybe he can shed some divine light on Cardoso’s decision.
If not the Pope, than Carnac, we have a pipeline to Carnac, the Pope not so much.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If anyone can build a team around a 6’7” player it’s Vic Schaefer.
What? Or Kim Mulkey, or Geno, or Tara....jeessh some guys... :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In other words after 430
Well if you get to Denny's much later than that you don't get the early bird special.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah there were some other posts/replies on the general board that would seem to lead me to think she’s leaning towards Texas. She liked a tweet about their new arena, Texas’ graphic design person followed her (which he followed another guy who then announced he committed to Texas) and a few other things which I can’t remember. As much as people like to discredit social media, it can be telling sometimes. Of course nothing is out in the public yet, but it’ll be exciting to see where she ends up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom