Hearing smoke of Cardoso to Texas | The Boneyard

Hearing smoke of Cardoso to Texas

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Makes a lot of sense from a basketball perspective. She'd be a focal point from day 1 and has a coach with a great track record of developing posts (McCowan, Carter, and 1 year of Collier), plus he's loading up with other talented players so they may be back in the title hunt in 2-3 seasons.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Makes a lot of sense from a basketball perspective. She'd be a focal point from day 1 and has a coach with a great track record of developing posts (McCowan, Carter, and 1 year of Collier), plus he's loading up with other talented players so they may be back in the title hunt in 2-3 seasons.
Who's Carter?

Reaction Score
I would like to see her at Duke but overall she did like a tweet on Tina Charles picture in the néw mystic uniforms.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She see's Collier go number one in the WNBA draft and might not get beaten down by a soon to be weakened Baylor (I imagine). Makes sense to me.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If she were coming to UConn it would have happened already, so I'll be curious to see where she ends up.
Agreed. My initial unbridled enthusiasm upon learning that she had interest in coming here is waning day by day. Too many coaches courting her, and courting her hard. Mulkey (LSU) needs some experienced height real bad.

Despite her perceived warts as outlined here by our esteemed colleagues, there are other programs that would love to have her. Whether she comes here or not, I think we have the pieces in place next season to make a serious run to the NC.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Texas is a logical choice for Cardoso. However if I"m her, I would strongly consider LSU now that Kim Mulkey is there. Texas and LSU would make more sense the Auburn. UConn makes sense for her as well, I don't know what Impact she would have on the other post players currently on the roster if she chose UConn

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s worth repeating that there is no indication UConn is pursuing Cardoso. With the exception of Stanford and perhaps UConn, there are probably several hundred D1 programs who are pursuing Cardoso.

If we look at her senior year of HS, she did not have a bunch of offers to choose from because she had not yet earned a high enough SAT/ACT test score. Remember that English is her 2nd language.

While other schools passed on Cardoso, Coach Q may have been the only coach to take a chance and offer her a scholarship. Subsequently, Cardoso earned the requisite standardized test score as well as academic all-conference honors in the ACC.

Now, just about everyone wants Cardoso. She is a smart young lady who has until July 1 to make her decision. While a lot of transfers feel the need to commit quickly lest they lose the offer, no school who wants Cardoso is going to pull their scholarship offer if she doesn’t commit right away.

If I were advising her, I would tell her to finish her coursework at Syracuse (Finals end May 21). Then review all the offers, pare down the list to your top few, go visit the schools, meet with the coaches and then, and only then, make your decision.

We all want to know where she’s heading sooner rather than later. At 6’7”, with significant upside potential, Cardoso has the luxury to take her time and make the best choice for her.

Reaction Score
I still would like to see her at UCONN….one never knows about injuries and other unforeseen factors ….more depth is never an issue….I thought Tara managed her extremely talented team quite well this season….to the richer go the spoils….

Reaction Score
“The future is now”
The late great football coach George Allen

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
“The future is now”
The late great football coach George Allen
Published in 1972. Ancient history now. It all depends on your frame of reference! :p

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Dear God, is Cardoso coming to UConn?

black_smoke.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members