Heads up: Today’s game is at 1:00 | The Boneyard

Heads up: Today’s game is at 1:00

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
1:eek:0 in the PM. Man, I feel for y'all not on the east coast. 1:00 is even early for me. But take heart. The next game against Tulane is at 12:00.

Reaction Score
and let's remember the reason for this rescheduling: that Memphis public schools want to bus their students in to watch. This is a great testament to the power of UConn to represent the finest in WCBB and to serve as an example of gender equality.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Memphis is on the Arkansas border. I wonder if Christyn and her teammates will get excused from school for the day.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
and let's remember the reason for this rescheduling: that Memphis public schools want to bus their students in to watch. This is a great testament to the power of UConn to represent the finest in WCBB and to serve as an example of gender equality.
I have to say, I like the outside of the box thinking here by whoever came up with this. I hope they have some more activities besides the game itself- a walk behind the scenes, some player interaction after the game, some give-a-ways to memorialize the experience. Anything that can inspire these students to think about academics (and athletics) as the next level is wonderful. I clicked on the Memphis newspaper article in Nan's UConn in the news today and a relate University of Memphis article about upgrading their Natatorium facility to offer swimming for the community (they lost it's community pool in 2011). Good outreach efforts!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom