*** Heads Up - Expect delays upon entry to Stadium on Sunday *** | Page 2 | The Boneyard

*** Heads Up - Expect delays upon entry to Stadium on Sunday ***

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't you want to have a safer environment? We don't know what may have been picked up in the intel chatter. BTW, the mere presence of detectors can be a deterrent as softer targets are preferred by the bad guys. A sign in front of your house saying Warning: Vicious Dog Protecting Premises--can help prevent intrusion. (Maybe we should display that one also at the Rent--lol.) Seriously, you can't be too careful in this world. And if there was an incident don't think there wouldn't be questions as to how prepared the stadium authority folks had been.

All they need to do is tell people you will run naked at half time, like you promised, during a previous bet.

No terrorist in their right mind would enter the stadium.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They are looking for people smuggling booze and food. It has nothing to do with safety.

Reaction Score
They are looking for people smuggling booze and food. It has nothing to do with safety.
I disagree with you 100%...otherwise they would let anyone bring anything into a game on their person. Nice to see you still are consistent with your moronic posts!

Reaction Score
How is a metal detector supposed to identify food/booze? Asking for a friend who has made a habit of sneaking beers into the stadium...
Metal detector will pick up any metal on your person...unless he is putting the beer into plastic containers the cans or bottles with metal caps will get picked up

jho

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not a by-product of the MLS game. They have been planning this in the aftermath of the bombing in Manchester, England several months ago, well before they knew about the NYCFC game. See CRDA minutes from June meeting (page 2). http://www.crdact.net/data/Unsorted/6-15-2017-DRAFT-BoardMtgMinutes-74063-1.pdf
Apparently, coming to the XL Center as well.
I guess this can't really be seen as a bad thing? Could be coming to all large sporting and concert venues in the near future?

At the end of the day, we all want to get out and enjoy sports, concerts and shows we like without a worry, right?

Reaction Score
IMG_0149.JPG
I agree with all you say here.... But we may have to wait a couple of seasons before our dogs are considered vicious. :( ;)

Beware this guy was just spotted at Rentschler!

Reaction Score
Its really not that bad at all, they had this at the cowboys stadium that had over 90K and the lines were fast.

Reaction Score
Its really not that bad at all, they had this at the cowboys stadium that had over 90K and the lines were fast.

Just a learning curve and calibration issue.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I absolutely agree that it has nothing to do with safety, rather the appearance of safety.

On the booze and food end? That's not going to stop. Nip bottles are plastic and the metal detectors will probably not be set to airport mode so there will probably be little risk even with the metal caps. On the other hand, they won't stop anyone who use (ironically) the airport travel bottles meant for hair gel or other toiletries that can be bought for $3 at CVS.

There's also this:
upload_2017-9-21_15-0-51.jpeg

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Hoping to save any fans that are bringing in apples with embedded razor blades...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hand held wands - not fix. No issues as long as you take “metal” out of pockets. Breezed through Gate C 30 minutes before kickoff.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Went in no problem at 11:50 through the gate to the left as you come in from gray lot. They had a least 5 rows open and people were flying through.

Reaction Score
I walked around stadium 15 min before kick. D was jammed and A was empty. Was pretty funny. They should really tell the people 75 people deep no wait 50 yards away.

We were in line at gate D, very long line that moved thru in less than 7 minutes or less. Gate B is our usual gate but we moved to a different parking area. I like the bag no bag , movedthe fans thru fast.

Reaction Score
Really?

10 minutes before kickoff and you expect to walk in?
Yeah, really. In line at 11:30...30 minutes to get in for a game with less than 10k fans is unacceptable. So go away dude

Reaction Score
I walked around stadium 15 min before kick. D was jammed and A was empty. Was pretty funny. They should really tell the people 75 people deep no wait 50 yards away.
I guess I should have went to a different entrance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom