*** Heads Up - Expect delays upon entry to Stadium on Sunday *** | The Boneyard

*** Heads Up - Expect delays upon entry to Stadium on Sunday ***

Reaction Score
Wonder if permanent enhancement or as a by-product of MLS game being played on Saturday?

Reaction Score
Wonder if permanent enhancement or as a by-product of MLS game being played on Saturday?
I was thinking the same. I hope it's not permanent. If AD Dave wants people in seats before kickoff this is a step backwards

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same. I hope it's not permanent. If AD Dave wants people in seats before kickoff this is a step backwards
AD Dave doesn't run the stadium. Likely wasn't even in the discussion when the decision was made.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't you want to have a safer environment? We don't know what may have been picked up in the intel chatter. BTW, the mere presence of detectors can be a deterrent as softer targets are preferred by the bad guys. A sign in front of your house saying Warning: Vicious Dog Protecting Premises--can help prevent intrusion. (Maybe we should display that one also at the Rent--lol.) Seriously, you can't be too careful in this world. And if there was an incident don't think there wouldn't be questions as to how prepared the stadium authority folks had been.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
People will adjust... It's not that rare or unusual anymore @ stadiums across the country. Kinda surprised it wasn't done previously.

Imposed because several fans have been fingered for sneaking cookies into the stadium.

Reaction Score
I don't know where you buy your "cookies" but the ones I get don't usually have metal shards in them so the majority of the sneakers should be ok.

Maybe the scanner is designed to detect chocolate chips and raisins.

Reaction Score
I have no prob with security. I'd rather it be that way but I am a little paranoid according to my kids #uguyshearthat. Gooooo Huskies

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't you want to have a safer environment? We don't know what may have been picked up in the intel chatter. BTW, the mere presence of detectors can be a deterrent as softer targets are preferred by the bad guys. A sign in front of your house saying Warning: Vicious Dog Protecting Premises--can help prevent intrusion. (Maybe we should display that one also at the Rent--lol.) Seriously, you can't be too careful in this world. And if there was an incident don't think there wouldn't be questions as to how prepared the stadium authority folks had been.
I agree with all you say here.... But we may have to wait a couple of seasons before our dogs are considered vicious. :( ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Imposed because several fans have been fingered for sneaking cookies into the stadium.
Wow that seems like a pretty harsh sanction for sneaking in cookies. I'd guess that recidivism is pretty low.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Soft targets are the next step for terrorism which means we will be dealing with this for the time being.

Just means people need to end their tailgate a little earlier to be in by the kickoff. Of course, we have some who seem less interesting in the game and more into tailgating

Reaction Score
Soft targets are the next step for terrorism which means we will be dealing with this for the time being.

Just means people need to end their tailgate a little earlier to be in by the kickoff. Of course, we have some who seem less interesting in the game and more into tailgating

I'm done criticizing the people who get there late and leave early.

At least they're showing up. The games need to give people a reason to stay.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Wow that seems like a pretty harsh sanction for sneaking in cookies. I'd guess that recidivism is pretty low.

You think they're looking for weapons and/or drugs? So gullible. All they care about is protecting the concession stand. I've had them ask to take picture of my Glock as they waved me through once I passed food inspection.

Reaction Score
They used a wand and hand search now as it is..a walk through portal will make it much quicker IMHO
I was thinking the same thing. Either way, I don't mind though. Some of the pat downs I've had walking into the stadium in the past have been almost too lenient. I've got no problem waiting an extra minute for the sake of safety.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Either way, I don't mind though. Some of the pat downs I've had walking into the stadium in the past have been almost too lenient. I've got no problem waiting an extra minute for the sake of safety.
I totally agree about loose pat downs. Just brushing my hips is supposed to let you see if I'm packing something? I've got nothing to hide so I don't mind. It's like when I used to work at a day camp and parents would get all huffy when you ask for ID at pickup. SORRY SIR WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO NOT CHECK IDS WHEN SOMEONE COMES TO ABDUCT YOUR LITTLE BRAT!?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom