OT: - Heads-up...4:00 PM our time UConn/Stanford | The Boneyard

OT: Heads-up...4:00 PM our time UConn/Stanford

Reaction Score
Live game: UConn vs. #2 Stanford (Game #3) (NCAA Baseball Championship) | Watch ESPN

Screenshot (20).png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Both teams wearing the same dark uniform colors. :mad:

Reaction Score
Stanford with a Grand Salami bottom of 4th. 8-3 Stanford.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tough loss for the men. Stanford clobbered our pitching in all 3 games... fortunately we clobbered them more in game 1. Penders definitely needs to work on recruiting some pitchers.

I read somewhere that Stanford has at least 5 players projected to make it to the majors. Impressive. And congrats to the men - I know they are super disappointed now, but what a great season. They should be proud, and they are definitely going in the right direction. UCONN MBB can now stand for UCONN Men's Base Ball LOL - and we have yet another national powerhouse (albeit a budding one) to root for in the future!

The future looks bright for UCONN Men's Baseball.

Reaction Score
Congrats. Real hard to attract the best players to the NE. Maybe getting the best players possible out of the portal is the way to go. Worked nicely this year. Baseball is tougher than WBB. Really good players don't appear on the radar. And there are 100's of really good players...

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Nice job by the baseball team this season...firmly establishing themselves as the best
program in the northeast.

What might have been? I read a while back that two developments might well have prevented
UConn from going farther.

1: their best player tore his acl and did not play all season.
2: they had a commit from the 2021 class...a pitcher. I think at some point during his senior year he had several no-hit games...in a row! Big league scouts were paying attention and he wound up being selected overall #7 in the June 2021 draft. Big money offer...he signed and became a pro. Understandable.

I don't recall the name of either player. Maybe the injured player will be back next year...or has he graduated?

Reaction Score
Nice job by the baseball team this season...firmly establishing themselves as the best
program in the northeast.

What might have been? I read a while back that two developments might well have prevented
UConn from going farther.

1: their best player tore his acl and did not play all season.
2: they had a commit from the 2021 class...a pitcher. I think at some point during his senior year he had several no-hit games...in a row! Big league scouts were paying attention and he wound up being selected overall #7 in the June 2021 draft. Big money offer...he signed and became a pro. Understandable.

I don't recall the name of either player. Maybe the injured player will be back next year...or has he graduated?
#1. Sorry to hear it.
#2. Happens all the time with the top prospects. Get used to it.

I love college baseball and am glad to see you guys succeeding. Our once proud, championship program has collapsed since our coach became our AD. His two hires of his replacements have been failures. :(

I am not a fan of televised baseball. I am a huge fan of radio broadcasts of baseball. I can fish or do work in my shop while listening to a broadcast. Unfortunately, the great radio announcers with polished play-by-play skills are dying off but I still prefer it to TV. Televised baseball & golf put me to sleep.

We need a UConn vs Scar series in baseball. Unfortunately, it has to be very early season while you guys have cold weather. Maybe we can play at a "neutral" site - like Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head. Greenville in late March (to coincide with wbb regionals there) would be great in 2023. Alas, I think we are in required SEC scheduling by then. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom