Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins

Reaction Score
How Harbaugh and Frost are still employed right now is crazy. Michigan almost lost to Rutgers and Nebraska hasn't looked good since Frost took over.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Iirc Muschamp is doing this without his starting QB

there’s at least 2 games that could’ve flipped just on that.

would that have saved him? Maybe this year.

don’t think he’s a bad coach, but South Carolina is an awful job.

same state as Clemson.

stuck with Florida and Georgia in that part of the sec.

It lacks the tradition of say an Auburn.

who besides spurrier has done much of anything there in the past few decades?

Reaction Score

same state as Clemson.

Boom is a terrible HC with an even worse eye for QB talent and assistant coaching talent. I was amazed that SC hired him after what he did to the Florida program

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It's technically correct.

Wow...I did not know that. Both are correct. My apologies.

Reaction Score
How would Muschamp and South Carolina be viewed if they had Trevor Lawrence at QB? It ultimately comes down to the QB. And the ability to identify and recruit those guys (like in any business) is what separates all of us.

the Q

Reaction Score
Boom is a terrible HC with an even worse eye for QB talent and assistant coaching talent. I was amazed that SC hired him after what he did to the Florida program

he basically lost his job because Bentley got hurt last year and then transferred. And his start this year also got hurt.

I’m not saying he’s top tier. But he’s not a bad coach.

I’d prefer him as a coordinator though

Reaction Score

same state as Clemson.

I think Spurrier showed the potential of South Carolina. Located in a nice small city, in the SEC, close to Atlanta, Charlotte, and Jacksonville, FL so plenty of recruits. And SC generally outrecruits Clemson in South Carolina, but Clemson does better out of state. I agree that Clemson has an easier path to the playoff in the ACC right now, but Florida St. will bounce back.

I think the problem some of the SEC schools like Tennessee, South Carolina, and Georgia are running into is that they have chosen defensive coaches as head coach and college football today is about offense. Coordinators are short timers so the head coach has to be offensive minded and be able to develop QBs. Saban has a defensive background, but he figured it out and he has hired some of the best OCs out there in Kiffin, Locksley, and Sarkisian. Alabama has challenged for the playoffs every year. Look at Florida, they hired Dan Mullen and they are on the upswing.

the Q

Reaction Score
I think Spurrier showed the potential of South Carolina. Located in a nice small city, in the SEC, close to Atlanta, Charlotte, and Jacksonville, FL so plenty of recruits. And SC generally outrecruits Clemson in South Carolina, but Clemson does better out of state. I agree that Clemson has an easier path to the playoff in the ACC right now, but Florida St. will bounce back.

I think the problem some of the SEC schools like Tennessee, South Carolina, and Georgia are running into is that they have chosen defensive coaches as head coach and college football today is about offense. Coordinators are short timers so the head coach has to be offensive minded and be able to develop QBs. Saban has a defensive background, but he figured it out and he has hired some of the best OCs out there in Kiffin, Locksley, and Sarkisian. Alabama has challenged for the playoffs every year. Look at Florida, they hired Dan Mullen and they are on the upswing.

spurrier did it when Clemson was down.

and even spurrier never had a good qb. Who was his best QB? Garcia?

Reaction Score
A
spurrier did it when Clemson was down.

and even spurrier never had a good qb. Who was his best QB? Garcia?
I would think Garcia was his 3rd best QB behind Connor Shaw and Dylan Thompson. People forget Thompson lead the SEC in passing yards his senior year with 3600 yards and had 26 TDs and 11 Ints.

Reaction Score

the Q

Reaction Score
A

I would think Garcia was his 3rd best QB behind Connor Shaw and Dylan Thompson. People forget Thompson lead the SEC in passing yards his senior year with 3600 yards and had 26 TDs and 11 Ints.

I forgot about Thompson.

Still. That’s not an impressive list. Especially compared to clemsons QBs.

Reaction Score
The one thing about Franklin is he seems to know how to pick his coordinators.

Reaction Score

Lou Holtz actually began the uptick at SC. Took over a 1-11 team. Year 2 went 8-4. Year 3 went 9-3.

Reaction Score
Scott frost?
Not sure if you've seen Nebraska play since Frost took over, but they are absolutely miserable. The only thing keeping them out of being a punching bag of the Big 10 is Rutgers and even they are making strides to improve the on the field product. Frost's offense doesn't work in the Big 10.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
They started the Civil War on April 12, 1861. Cost benefit analysis is not their strong point in South Carolina.
This cracked me. Well played.

Reaction Score
Lou Holtz actually began the uptick at SC. Took over a 1-11 team. Year 2 went 8-4. Year 3 went 9-3.
South Carolina struggled when they went from being an independent to joining the SEC in 1992. Holtz started the turnaround, but he was 0.500 his last 3 seasons. Spurrier showed South Carolina could be a top 10 team at times.

Reaction Score
South Carolina struggled when they went from being an independent to joining the SEC in 1992. Holtz started the turnaround, but he was 0.500 his last 3 seasons. Spurrier showed South Carolina could be a top 10 team at times.

and we proved we could compete and beat them on a neutral field!

Reaction Score
Not sure if you've seen Nebraska play since Frost took over, but they are absolutely miserable. The only thing keeping them out of being a punching bag of the Big 10 is Rutgers and even they are making strides to improve the on the field product. Frost's offense doesn't work in the Big 10.

Please stop. Scott frost is a legend in NE. They’ll give him time. At least 5 years.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I've been very surprised that Frost hasn't done better...what is the story? Is he not getting the athletes he needs to run his scheme?

Reaction Score
I've been very surprised that Frost hasn't done better...what is the story? Is he not getting the athletes he needs to run his scheme?
Not sure why, but I think Nebraska's QB, Martinez, just hasn't developed in 3 years and it looks like he is being phased out for McCaffrey. Sometimes, it happens. And, I think Nebraska is a linemen development program and it takes time to build the lines. Plus, Nebraska has had 3 head coaches in 7 years which is never a good thing. Finally, Frost coached 2 years at UCF so he has never really built a program so he is learning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom