HCTJW | The Boneyard

HCTJW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Been thinking about it, and this morning I made the decision. Warde needs to make this happen. The guy is a winner. He came from a scrappy Little Engine that Could program and was instrumental in their success. He's turned this train wreck of a program around, or at the very least he's stood on the brakes and brought it relatively under control. The players obviously respond to him. He wears short sleeves in freezer-like conditions. Gotta do it.

Reaction Score
Get ready to receive torment led by Whaler - see the thread I started on this yesterday....

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
At least Bill Stewart won a Fiesta Bowl.

TJ gets an interview based not on his W-L record, but how WM feels he ran the program for 10 weeks. If he did it well and WM doesn't see an siginifcantly better outside option, then TJ gets the gig. There are no other scenarios in which it happens.

I don't see it happening, 8-1 shot at best. I feel it's closer to 30-1.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
If they don't score Narduzzi or someone of that stature what does WM do? Besides punt, the future is on the line.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn07 said:
Get ready to receive torment led by Whaler - see the thread I started on this yesterday....

I figured he was trolling me with that post so I let it go.

Beating Temple and Rutgers is not evidence that someone should be given a job as big as UConn's - but you guys like to make wild emotional decisions so all I can do is pray that the 'Rock Star' is better than that.

Reaction Score

After the start he got off to, I am honestly stunned at how many people are calling for this to happen. It's so small minded, short sighted, and based on emotion.

Do people forget the deer in the headlights look in his eyes when a true freshmen making his first start was trying to wake him up at the end of the game? I like him, but if this is the hire...we have problems.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
After the start he got off to, I am honestly stunned at how many people are calling for this to happen. It's so small minded, short sighted, and based on emotion.

Do people forget the deer in the headlights look in his eyes when a true freshmen making his first start was trying to wake him up at the end of the game? I like him, but if this is the hire...we have problems.

How about he was unemployed and Butch Jones left him behind and he was hired because he was available.

Oh yeah and the offense stunk for 4 games.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If he loses against Memphis, they will be off his bandwagon like rats off a sinking ship. If we win, they'll want to give him an eight-year deal and rename 195 "Weist Way".

The last six quarters have brought him up from "made things worse" to "decent job". He seems like a very good guy and I hope we win out and that he lands on his feet somewhere else. Hate to put it like this, but hiring TJ is like waving a white flag and telling people that we could not or would not do better.

Reaction Score
I stated this elsewhere, but maybe TJ can parlay this finish to a coordinator gig at a P5 school. Or maybe he could land an FCS job. He has had a nice six quarter run here, but it is six quarters of football. Lembo, Narduzzi, Clawson, Ambrose, and Moorehead, would all have to say no thanks, before TJ gets a courtesy interview. And I like the guy.

Reaction Score
Been thinking about it, and this morning I made the decision. Warde needs to make this happen. The guy is a winner. He came from a scrappy Little Engine that Could program and was instrumental in their success. He's turned this train wreck of a program around, or at the very least he's stood on the brakes and brought it relatively under control. The players obviously respond to him. He wears short sleeves in freezer-like conditions. Gotta do it.

John,
This is a huge decision and emotion fueled on 2 wins cannot and does not immediately call for a hire.
All things are going to be looked at, including how he ran all items in program internally and not just on game day. How would he be as the CEO of a Company called UCONN football?
What other current CEO's are out there that have shown years of success in turning other programs around.? LEMBO maybe..perhaps Clausen? Don't know quite yet!

When Ohio State was looking for a head coach, an OSU ass't , Luke Fickell took over as interim but OSU went out and got the very, very, very best. The assistant was considered but, Luke Fickell returned and became Defensive Coordinator and LB coach and headed up RECRUITING>IT IS CRITICAL....He brought in mike vrabel to assist in recruiting, LB's and Defensive Line.(Pretty hard not to miss several Super Bowl rings). 24 straight wins. That is a B1G ten CEO winning move.

TJ stabilized a program going deep into the toilet and brought us out of the bottom. If the new HC, if he isn't chosen, would CONSIDER TJ, I see TJ continuing to infuse the program. Extremely positive, he has been making decent decisions and actually brought Brian Lemaalle (awesome WR) who was committed elsewhere. This is the best passing attack group of WR's we have seen in years. IMAGINE, just imagine if we can get him, and CASEY a Tight end to throw to? His uptempo spread took time to implement but with GDL gone...no interference to success now. Can see TJ continuing the offensive success this very young group of skilled players is starting to show...maybe as OC/WR coach and recruiting coordinator. one thing is for sure. The players like him a ton, if they did not like him and his style and believe in him, they would not come back from 21 down on the road. I expect to see a B1G winning CEO decision made by a guy with B1G Ten roots.

Whaler wins on this one John, this is a big money decision.

Reaction Score
It's posts like these that make it easy to understand why we're destined for mediocrity

Reaction Score
It's posts like these that make it easy to understand why we're destined for mediocrity
Have faith...I do...it started with WM stepping in and firing HCPP and GDL ...and it will end with a great choice for HC....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Colt house75 said:
Have faith...I do...it started with WM stepping in and firing HCPP and GDL ...and it will end with a great choice for HC....

I do too. No way is Warde considering the dregs some push for here. If he does he'll be looking for a MAC job himself.

Reaction Score

It was his first game as the new head coach, I'm sure you never slipped up on the job after a promotion. It cost them the game. He took ownership. He learns from his mistakes. Our offense looks completely different than it did earlier this year. The line has been upgraded 10 fold. You can't say that this team is not playing with a ton more confidence now than mid season. I like how his team and his players have responded. They play with passion that we haven't seen since the previous regime. To me, he is what we want UCONN football to be.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

He's referring to the OP. Legit programs take nothing positive about going 3-9. In fact, at certain FB loon factories the president and trustees feel quite a bit of heat under these circumstances.

Reaction Score
UCDaveD said:
Jesus, the guy beat Temple and Rutgers, not Alabama and Auburn.

Then again we don't play teams like that. :)

But seriously. I think he deserves a HC job somewhere. But not here. He should get a MAC or CUSA job. See if he can recruit.

Reaction Score

Short sited and based on emotion says the person who wanted pasqualoni fired after two games

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If Weist stays on it will be as WR and/or QB coach, not OC and certainly not HC. Only way for him to have a shot at HC was to beat the quality teams in our conference, Cincy, UCF, or Louisville. He had three shots and couldn't get it done. Maybe things would be different if the easy part of the conference schedule (Temple, RU, Maemphuss Taenuhsaeeh) were his first 3 games and the better teams came later. But I would NOT bet the house on it which is what these geniuses would do.
The line has been upgraded 10 fold.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

This board has more drama queens than the East Village.

The choices aren't Urban Meyer and TJ Weist, in case you weren't paying attention. It is a bunch of assistant and mid major coaches and guys who failed somewhere else. With a few exceptions, it is going to be really hard to be "stunned" by the selection, no matter who it is.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Short sited and based on emotion says the person who wanted pasqualoni fired after two games

Some of us never wanted P here in the first place.

P's failures were fundamental, meaning he absolutely should've never been handed the job in the first place and they were brought to light very early and throughout his tenure.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I do too. No way is Warde considering the dregs some push for here. If he does he'll be looking for a MAC job himself.

Allowing PP to coach last year's Spring practice was more than adequate grounds for Warde to be let go to beg for a MAC job. Horrible decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom