HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

HCRE 2.0 Presser Thread (with Link to Watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm about the same age as Edsall..and over the last 10-15 years I've learned a few things that I wasn't really capable of learning when I was younger:
  • I've learned to listen carefully and acknowledge folks input.
  • I've learned I don't need to do it all myself.
  • Ego is necessary, but if you lose control of it you pay a big price.
  • I readily acknowledge mistakes and I try to dwell on them only long enough to learn how not to repeat them.
  • I've learned life is short and money is pretty far down the list as to what will make you happy (especially if you already have a few bucks).
This thing feels right. It's going to take a little time, but this guy will get this program back on track. I really believe he cares.....I really do!

Great points. I have a bunch of 20-30 year olds working for me. I am going share this with them.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'll tell you one thing. Those of us that were on the fence about this (me included, was an "eh" move for me at first), there should be no doubt that he is the right hire right now. There's NOBODY, absolutely nobody, that would've been as dedicated and as emotionally invested in this as HCRE.
Gotta tell ya, I'm not there yet. Hopefully, I'll be closer in Mid-April and a little more close the night of August 31, I need to see the product in action against FBS opponents...and a few times over.

Reaction Score
I'll tell you one thing. Those of us that were on the fence about this (me included, was an "eh" move for me at first), there should be no doubt that he is the right hire right now. There's NOBODY, absolutely nobody, that would've been as dedicated and as emotionally invested in this as HCRE.
This! (also)

Reaction Score
He came off as very sincere regarding his apology. Think he realizes leaving at all was a mistake.

One of my favorite quotes when asked what he thought of current players on field play "if I can't answer it accurately I'm not going to take it on". How refreshing. Honest answers.

Reaction Score
Gotta tell ya, I'm not there yet. Hopefully, I'll be closer in Mid-April and a little more close the night of August 31, I need to see the product in action against FBS opponents...and a few times over.

It's all about the journey. Don't miss it while waiting for the results.

Reaction Score
Easy to believe it is genuine. While I am sure he did not regret leaving for his dream job, at the time, few would want to leave the way he did.
Further highlighting, Edsall directly communicated in retrospect he regrets how he left UConn, then unequivocally apologized, asked for UConn's fans' support, and appropriately focused on the future. Almost 6 years ago, shiite happened and now "... most reasonable, relatively mature ..." people will look to the future and yet some Nutmeg negatoids will inexplicably remain mired in the past. Onward, and upward. Go Huskies!

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Further highlighting, Edsall directly communicated in retrospect he regrets how he left UConn, then unequivocally apologized, asked for UConn's fans' support, and appropriately focused on the future. Almost 6 years ago, shiite happened and now "... most, reasonably relatively mature ..." people will look to the future and yet some Nutmeg negatoids will inexplicably remain mired in the past. Onward, and upward. Go Huskies!

"Nutmeg negatoids" - that's a classic. I salute you!

That takes "nattering nabobs of negativism" to new heights.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's all about the journey. Don't miss it while waiting for the results.
Didn't say I'm not getting season tickets or that I'm not going to games until the rip off 4 in a row. I've been a Season ticket holders since '03 (not bragging) and weathered some pretty putrid football from either section 139 or 103 over the last 6 years.

I was was pretty sure right away that Pasqualoni was 7-2 off suit. I went all in on Diaco (missed badly), and now I am just not convinced that Edsall is the pocket face cards (minimum) that he was in the mid-late aughts.

Reaction Score
Things I don't expect for next season:
1. Not caring whether we win or lose.
2. Thanking a team that beats us for being our partner.
3. Red pants
4. Losing track of the down in a critical game-ending drive.
5.Telling us that some true freshman is going to be the best at his position in the country.

Reaction Score
And there is your apology. I doubt he actually says the word, "Sorry," but he did say "apologize." Not going to hear anything closer.

At least it wasn't "I regret", but you're right. That's the closest thing to "I'm sorry" UCONN fans, a.k.a the non kool-aid drinkers, are going to get.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
You can learn a lot by looking a man in the eyes. After the presser, I waited patiently in line to greet HCRE. When it was my turn, I shook his hand, introduced myself, welcomed him back, took a picture, and whispered "beat BC" to him. Not sure he heard it, but he smirked anyway.
My take is that he genuinely disgusted with himself for the WAY he left. He and his family made a ton of friends here and I think it really did eat at him.
Looking forward to signing day and the spring game.
Happy New Year's to you all !

Reaction Score
What's Jeff gonna do if he doesn't cry and beg for his forgiveness.

That bad of air Jacobs didn't even have the sack to ask a question. Before anyone gets on my case, he has asked them in the past at other pressers.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Things I don't expect for next season:
1. Not caring whether we win or lose.
2. Thanking a team that beats us for being our partner.
3. Red pants
4. Losing track of the down in a critical game-ending drive.
5.Telling us that some true freshman is going to be the best at his position in the country.
6. Made up trophy games.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I have to to say that neither AD Dace nor Randy are, how should I say, eloquent speakers. With Randy I expected it; given his position I was a little surprised at AD Dave's plodding delivery. Such a departure from Diaco's beautiful baffling bull$#!+. Was surprised at HCRE's emotional commentary about the program.

Reaction Score
I have to to say that neither AD Dace nor Randy are, how should I say, eloquent speakers. With Randy I expected it; given his position I was a little surprised at AD Dave's plodding delivery. Such a departure from Diaco's beautiful baffling bull$#!+. Was surprised at HCRE's emotional commentary about the program.
I think Coach Edsall's point about not being a HC for the first time in 17 years giving him more time to REFLECT was genuine and an indication of his appreciation for what he had and created here at UConn. I am beyond pumped....

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
He came off as very sincere regarding his apology. Think he realizes leaving at all was a mistake.

One of my favorite quotes when asked what he thought of current players on field play "if I can't answer it accurately I'm not going to take it on". How refreshing. Honest answers.

I'm sure one of the positives that weighed in Athletic Director Dave's mind was the fact HCRE is the absolut antithesis of the Diacoo Bull$#!+ Machine.

Reaction Score
A moving and humbling speech. By the end he had me 100% with a tear in my eye. He's going to get it done and he put things right. I think HCRE2 will be even better than the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom